Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bleeders
    It'll be hot in there mate.

Tool came on around 8:45 and finished around 10:15 if I remember rightly, there was no support band, only a mix-tape of Aphex Twin, Tricky and Meshuggah to keep us entertained until Tool took to the stage, with a setting that looked like it was from the not-too distant future with all the blue.
    cheers for the info mate
    so doors are at 700pm and show starts at 845pm
    that a long time in the oven.

Comment

Last night was totally amazing. I found myself watching Danny Carey's drumming for most of the gig - insane. I was on the balcony and it was so hot up there (maybe because i was near the ceiling). Loved Maynard's little joke about the USA footy team.

Comment

I was standing in the stalls and it was ridiculously hot.

Danny Carey was inhuman on the drums, never seen anything like it. Ever.

@analogdog - Yep, doors at 7pm mate, if you can, avoid taking bag at all costs.

Comment

if you can, avoid taking bag at all costs.
          My god, when i go to gigs in Brum you don't even get searched. This stopped just short of a cavity search

Comment

if any one fancies going to the foo fighters at the lancashire cricket ground on sunday i have 2 spare tickets going.

i'm interested in game swaps (xbox 360 PAL and some cash)

i know normally this isn't allowed but they have to go as i'm on holiday when the concert is

PM me if interested

Comment

I was standing in the stalls and it was ridiculously hot.

Danny Carey was inhuman on the drums, never seen anything like it. Ever.

@analogdog - Yep, doors at 7pm mate, if you can, avoid taking bag at all costs.
              why take no bag boss?
              is it like 5quid to put your bag in the cloakroom,only to have it rifled by some chav "security" person.

Comment

Because your gonna be spending fookin' ages in the line putting it in and retrieving it mate. Seriously.

One guy missed his last bus because he was stuck in the queue for 50 minutes after the gig had finished and heard that people had nothing but aggro with the bag/coat clerks.

Comment

**** those guys are a royal pain in the arse.
                  gotta say though that all of these carling places suck farts from dead cats,I want my grubby non corporate branded venues back!

Comment

Whose off to the Foo Fighters today? This will be the third time I have seen the Foo's and for some reason I don't feel that excited yet. I think it's because I have just read all the restrictions about what you can and cannot take into the park. Still some 500ml bottles of Vodka and Orange might be a good idea.

Comment

Just heading off there now - should be a good day. Fingers crossed Dave joins QOTSA for some of his insane drumming

Comment

foo fighters rocked, although I do slighty regret getting so drunk that i can remember only bits and bobs of the night. Guest appearance from Queen as well, the band not the old lady. That first bad were **** though, Angels and Airwaves I think they were called.

Comment

Yeah Angels and Airwaves were rubbish - that dude out of Blink 182 is such an arse. When he started going on about the Twin Towers and his brother going to war I wanted to set up position on the lighting rig with a sniper rifle.

QOTSA were awesome as usual - Josh with black hair shocker! He is now Elvis no question.

For the Foos we were right down by the Champaign circle barrier to the left and the sound was terrible, couldn't hear a thing, so a good three or four songs got drowned out by everybody chanting "Turn it up". Once we moved across to the right all was good though. How bizarre was seeing Dave rocking out with Brian May Another great Foo gig, third only to Redding New Bands Tent and the Radio One gig at the Astoria.

Juliet Lewis was just horny

Comment

That was one of hell of a show:

Juliette Lewis and the Licks - not bad, Juliette in nice sexy rubber/PVC outfit
                            Angels and Airwaves - bunch of arse, as Spagmaster said, what was all that war and 9/11 bollocks all about - he had the wrong country.....it's old dull news and we didn't care - we were there to RAWK!

QOTSA - absolute sublime genius.....personally, I went to see them, not the Foos

Motorhead - still rockin' after all these years

Foos - OK, as I said, I was there to see QOTSA, but they were good fun and it was freakin' sweet when Brian May and Roger Taylor turned up, doing a bit of We Will Rock You and then Tie your Mother down - very cool

My only real complaint, it was crazy hot! But otherwise, a creamy day out with my band

Comment

Got tickets to see Tool (again). I'm doing Manchester and Nottingham. I want to do Dublin aswell if i can find somebody to drag along.

Comment

Got tickets for Primal Scream, The Magic Numbers and top of the list...The New York Dolls...can't wait.

Comment

Working...
                                X