Gig Going Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by funkydan
    Going to see Tenacious D on Sunday at the Brighton Centre - can't wait, should be a great show
    *Jelous*

Comment

Saw Kasabian on Friday night in Nottingham, and as usual, they were amazing.

I'm friends with the bassist's brother and he managed to get me a guest pass, so not only did I get a seat in the suites at the top of the arena, I also got into the aftershow party and met the band (and ex-Leicester City legend Muzzy Izzet)! There's a photo of me with Tom, it's a little blurred as my mate moved my crap camera phone too soon.

Awesome band, awesome night.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Day
        *Jelous*
        And you have every right to be - twas an awesome show. One 1/3 acoustic and 2/3's full band - in hell no less with charlie chaplin on bass (he was in hell because he was gay), Colonel Sanders on drums (he was in hell because he'd murdered over one million chickens) and the anti-christ on lead guitar (he was in hell because his dad is the devil, although he looked a lot like Jesus!)

Would have been a whole lot better for me if I hadn't had the cough and cold from hell (not in a good way). Also, for a non-smoking venue, the place was full of fag and joint smoke! I wouldn't normally mind but I felt so ****, that at some stages I was having real trouble breathing. I just wish they could enforce their non-smoking rule - otherwise, it may as well be a smoking venue!

But still it was a great show - anyone else who has seen it will probably agree with me that the bit of the show featuring 'The Metal' was a big highlight of the show

Comment

Going to a couple of shows over the next few months:

The Young Knives at Shepherds Bush Empire - February 26th

and

Eagles of Death Metal at The Astoria London - March 11th

I can't wait

Dan

Comment

Ive got Killswitch Engage on sunday, not keen on there new album at all but should be good for the older stuff.

Anyone also know if kula shaker are touring again this year? i heared they were touring last year but never got round to watching em unfortunatley =(

Comment

Saw The Magic Numbers last night here in Amsterdam. Absolutely fantastic, the atmosphere was great from the moment they got onto the stage and I don't know who enjoyed themselves more, the crowd or the band. Great musicians and very sympathetic as well.

Comment

Got a fair few coming up! Biffy Clyro in Birmingham, The Blood Brothers in London, Idlewild, ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead & Clutch in Northampton, and a couple more I may have forgotten or haven't got the tickets for yet. I want to see Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly. in London, but it's sold out..only reaaallly want to see the support band Tanaou.

Comment

Originally posted by Margoos View Post
                  Anyone also know if kula shaker are touring again this year? i heared they were touring last year but never got round to watching em unfortunatley =(
                  Yep, they will be touring after their new album is out in the spring. They were ace last year, saw em three times. ><

I've got a couple of NIN gigs next month at the Manny Apollo and another couple in Amsterdam in March at the Paradiso.

Comment

Nine Inch Nails 2 nights in a row for me in Brum in march. Hard to believe its been 16 years since i first seen them. The local council tried to ban them because they heard about their water and electrical equipment based antics. I've seen them on every tour since then.

Me and a mate met Trent Reznor outside Goldwins in Brum that year (1991), all the band had been go karting down at the wheels project.

I even named my cat Trent Reznor, 15 years ago.

Comment

Soon I have Regina Spektor, Air and Arcade Fire. Maybe Damien Rice too.

Not gigged since November, I forget what its like!

Comment

Wilko Johnson @ eastney sellars.

After an inauspacious openning act, wilko rocked it real young drive for such an aids infected looking person.

Im not one for real rnb rock...or dr feelgood in general, but live cannae be faltered.

Comment

Got coming up:

The Killers - MEN Arena - 17th
                          The Feeling - Apollo - 27th
                          Keane - 4th March
                          My Chemical Romance - MEN - 24th March

Indeed... top bobbins

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                            The Feeling - Apollo - 27th

Aghhh!.

Vomit inducing songs. I just don't get this band personally and they are played on the radio far too much .

Comment

the only gig ive got planned is unearth with support from job for a cowboy and suicide silience (i think) at nottingham rock city on the 21st march.

should be a good nite, rock city is an awesome venue, its small but has a great atmosphere. im expecting a few bruises and bloody noses at this gig \m/

Comment

Got my tickets this morning for Jarvis Cocker at the Academy

I cant wait

Comment

Working...
                                X