No announcement yet.

Gig Going Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomorrow night (3rd May) - I'm going to see Queens of the Stone Age at the teeny-tiny 100 Club in London for a VERY secret gig

Can't believe I got tickets for this!!! I am so excited!!

Dan

Comment

how did you find out about the gig? Are you a member of a fan club or just an astute reader of the music press?

Comment

just through the qotsa forum and a whole lotta luck. the gig was only announced this tuesday and I spent today trying to get a ticket!!

Comment

Saw Chris Cornell wednesday night at The Astoria, what can i say, a truly awesome gig!
          Knew it was gonna be a good night when he opened with Spoonman, then kicked straight into Outshined.

He played for over two hours, with a mix of solo, Soungarden, Temple Of The Dog and Audioslave stuff including;

Hunger Strike
          Can't Change Me
          Seasons
          Black Hole Sun
          Doesn't Remind Me
          Billie Jean
          Loud Love
          Before coming out for a third encore and blowing the crowd away with an extended version of Slaves And Bulldozers!
          For me it just showed how there is really no one on the scene today who can hold a candle to Cornell and all the Soundgarden/ TotD stuff unfortunately.

Comment

Interpol @ Koko was extremely good on tuesday night

Comment

Saw Patti Smith at the roundhouse on Thursday. Brilliant. Haven't ever seen her live before and never really got in to her stuff...I have now.

Comment

Originally posted by Square View Post
                Interpol @ Koko was extremely good on tuesday night
                Lucky bast.

Seeing Modest Mouse on Monday at Nottingham Rock City. Should be ace!
                Last edited by Swallow; 24-05-2007, 12:45.

Comment

Muse at wembley is getting closer

Comment

Originally posted by Swallow View Post
                    Lucky bast.

Seeing Modest Mouse on Monday at Nottingham Rock City. Should be ace!
                    You got tix? ACES

Comment

Saw the Manics at Llandudno last night. Manics were top, and the set list was nicely spliced with stuff from Generation Terrorists and The Holy Bible along with their newer stuff which is actually pretty good. Colour me pleasantly surprised.

Also, I've scored tickets for Perry Farrells Satellite Party in Man. Academy in 2 weeks. W00t!

Comment

Originally posted by Emir View Post
                        Saw the Manics at Llandudno last night. Manics were top, and the set list was nicely spliced with stuff from Generation Terrorists and The Holy Bible along with their newer stuff which is actually pretty good. Colour me pleasantly surprised.
                        Born to End is the biggest suprise on this tour for me, that and Condemned to Rock N Roll rolling into Motown Junk!

Comment

Modest Mouse were as good as I was expecting yesterday. The set list was a bit odd, personally would have preferred some more MATA, but never mind. Shame the crowd was awful, Rock City is not a very good venue at all, imo.

The treatment they gave to Tiny Cities Made Of Ashes was awesome

Johnny Marr was exemplary as always, met him briefly afterwards and he said when he's finished his MM commitments The Healers will be hitting the road again

Comment

Tiny Cities was indeed awesome, was nice to hear Out of Gas too, thought the intro to Float On sounded like Interstate 8, which got my hopes up, but its all good.

Wish those kids would've shut up about **** Luck though, they were never going to play that...

Aces gig though

Comment

Saw Blonde Redhead in Camden last night. Top, top gig. Better than when I saw them a couple of years ago, they just seemed a lot more into it. The new album is frankly a bit meh, but they played some classics among the better tracks from 23. Really ace gig and the kind that reminds me why I got into live music in the first place and that I don't go to enough gigs.

Comment

Just got this from Sonic Cathedral, I know there's a few Galaxie 500 fans lurking 'round here..:

Still reeling from the shock of Jack White turning up and playing at last week's Rainy Day night, we’re travelling up the Thames Valley this weekend for two shows in the shoegaze heartlands. Then, on June 20, we welcome one of our all-time heroes – Dean Wareham of Galaxie 500 and Luna – for an incredible show at The Legion. Here are the details: Saturday June 2 The Cellar, Frewin Court, Oxford OX1 The Early Years + Sennen + Dot Allison 8pm-3am £5 on the door or from http://www.wegottickets.com/event/18151 Sunday June 3 Oakford Social Club, Blagrave Street, Reading RG1 The Early Years + Sennen + Dot Allison + Tim Holmes DJ set 3pm-11pm Free Wednesday June 20 The Legion, Old Street, London EC1 Dean & Britta + The Clientele + The Flowers Of Hell + Le Volume Courbe 7pm-Late £8 in advance from http://www.wegottickets.com/event/18114 http://www.soniccathedral.co.uk http://www.myspace.com/soniccathedral

Comment

Working...
                                X