Gig Going Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Margoos
    Missed Dragon Force on monday which im a bit gutted about but ill just see them next time there over my way
    Dragon Force are awesome! Wanted to see them on Tuesday in glasgow but I couldn't get off.

Gym Class Heroes were interesting though
    I couldn't stand them but then again I don't like hip hop so its not surprising. All my mates seemed to love them though.

Nightmare of You were so indie though, they even class themselves as indie on their myspace. Plus the singer was the most boring guitar player I have ever seen

Comment

Originally posted by IanE
      Can't ****ING BELIEVE I missed Clutch. I thought they were playing Brum, so I kept checking the Brum Academy website, but nothing came up.

And I've missed them at the Sugarmill, Wulfrun and Zodiac. ****ing sucks.
      Doh!!! Well hopefully for you COC dont take another 7 years between gigs!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Beefcurtains!
        Doh!!! Well hopefully for you COC dont take another 7 years between gigs!!!
        Clutch on the other hand are over here alot but it is mainly for one off gigs in London.

Comment

Originally posted by giogi
          I'm off to some pretty mainstream stuff - Magic Numbers and the laid back sound of Corinne Bailey Rae.
          I'm off to see Corinne Bailey Rae as well down the Concorde 2, Brighton. Not the usual type of thing I'd go to see; but she does look to be the next big thing in the same sort of mold as Joss Stone.

Saw Prince Paul and CL Smooth on the Friday night - once again down the Concorde 2. Wasn?t really that impressed ? we had to put up with this awful little street urchin posing as a sort of hype man; we then had some English rapper come on stage; then Prince Paul. Now don?t get me wrong Prince Paul is a legend, but him alone trying to showcase his stuff was kind of pointless; so he just did this awkward DJ set of old hip hop classics.
          Then at just after two in the morning CL Smooth appeared ? my main reason for going to the gig. T.R.O.Y, for me has to be my favourite hip hop song of all time! Well I?m afraid it was the usual sort of story ? another rapper who can rap on tape/CD but has no stage presence. So many rappers are not natural performers and the venues just don?t cater for quick flowing lyrics ? all you can hear is a mumberling noise ? I could get up and do the same thing chanting any old ****e. I think one of the main problems was that CL Smooth performed very little that was produced by Pete Rock; which I guess was understandable, he wanted to show what he was currently up to. I?ve got to say though when T.R.O.Y came on (the final song) it was rather swell.

I think I?m going to give up seeing rap artists from now on live though.

So have any of you seen The Kooks live yet? Not the usual type of thing I?d check, but the albums very catchy and they?re from Brighton to boot! So are they any good live?

Comment

Originally posted by nickgodfrey
            So have any of you seen The Kooks live yet? Not the usual type of thing I?d check, but the albums very catchy and they?re from Brighton to boot! So are they any good live?
            The Kooks are ok live, bit samey - but their support 'The Automatic' are really good, or at least they were when they both played the Forum in Tunbridge Wells a few weeks back.

As for me, I saw The Zutons at the Camden Koko last Tuesday night.

I'm going to see the Foo Fighters thing at Hyde Park on June 17th (Gold Circle ), although I'm going because I need to see Queens of the Stone Age - not so fussed about the FF - although Motorhead could be interesting and there are another 2 bands to be added to the line up (anyone know this'll be yet?)

Then, a month later on July 17th, I'll be checking out the Chilis and !!! at Earls Court (standing). Should be good if we can get right down the front. Although, I've seen the Chilis twice at Brixton Academy (amongst other places) and nothing will beat that for me!

Oh, and my Bro, my best mate and me are going to the Brighton Centre on April 9th, as we have front row seats for 'The Mighty Boosh'! Can't wait....as it should be very odd and extremely funny.

Comment

Im going to the Jazz Cafe (again) in Camden tonight to see Jon B, not seen him live before

Comment

Goldie Lookin' Chain tomorrow night at the Newcastle Carling Acad. Should be brill - saw them early last year in Southampton. They were very, very entertaining !

Comment

We Are Scientists in April for me, and Chili Peppers again in July!!!!

Comment

The Crimea on the 28th which shall rock!

And I just got Fallout Boy tickets for Edinburgh in May which should also rock very much!!

Comment

I've got a Reverend Horton Heat gig in April, nothing much happen inbetween. Got my fingers crossed that Blues Explosion and The Dirtbombs tour again this year.

Comment

I saw Broken Social Scene at the Camden Barfly a couple of months back, which was fantastic.
                        Not quite as good as the incredible Hot Chip who I saw at this little pub in Farringdon. A-ma-zing.
                        See them live, if it's the last thing you do. Their recorded stuff pales in comparison.

I was considering seeing Golgol Bordello in March. Everyone's been talking them up lots.

Also, Liars are playing on the 24th, and they've been on the long list of bands to see. Anyone experienced?

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco
                          Dont think we have a thread for anything like this.

Just back from Coheed and Cambria, bloody great stuff! Anyone else a fan?
                          I went see them the other week at Manc Academy, how much did Welcome Home rock?!?!

They really are an amazing live band when there on form and he has the best hair ever! Nice guys too, for my birthday last year my girlfriend emailed them asking if they could send her a signed CD for me. They were one of the few bands to reply personally and they actually shipped it to her from the US signed by all the members to me completely free of charge, top stuff

Comment

Well, having seen the Magic Numbers live now, I can say they are fantastic, support wasn't too bad - Scandanavian bunch called The Concretes, but TMN really got the crows going, loved it!

Comment

Would love to see The Concretes! Saw The Go! Team at Manchester Academy was pretty good. Awesome crowd

Comment

Originally posted by xtremeboat
                                Would love to see The Concretes! Saw The Go! Team at Manchester Academy was pretty good. Awesome crowd
                                Not sure if it was the mix or what, but the lead singers vocals were totally drowned out by the music.

Sounded like they could be good, reminded me of Bjork meets Yeah Yeah Yeahs - may pick up an albumn.

Comment

Working...
                                X