No announcement yet.

Gig Going Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. I've seen Carpenter Brut and GOST when he supported Perturbator and both put on a fantastic show. DO IT!

I got to see BTS at the O2 Arena in London on Tuesday. That was some emotional journey from missing out on tickets to track down scalper tickets to getting there and finally being at the gig. The main event was pretty incredible. The boys put on a wonderful show, made somewhat (and oddly) more special by one of the members being injured and having to perform seated because it's like there was an added emotional core of the boys not wanting to leave him out. It was like a Rocky moment when he was crying at the end and one of the members did what he could to cheer him up and he got up from his seat and walked up to perform with the rest of the guys.

Comment

[MENTION=8265]CMcK[/MENTION], [MENTION=2386]Family Fry[/MENTION], & [MENTION=3144]Dogg Thang[/MENTION], I've just booked my ticket, cheers!

Comment

YEAH! You'll have a great time, QC.

Comment

The Black Queen last night were good - very atmospheric and not 100% what I was expecting, but that's also partly my fault for not having spent much time with the new record yet. Last week however, Deafheaven utterly blew me away. I get that wretched vocals and big walls of sound aren't for everyone, but honestly I don't think I've had such a profound reaction to a band in some time.

In a similar vein, I still have a load more gigs lined up before the year's out, and am particularly looking forwards to seeing MØL, even if it's in a support slot. Jord is one of my favourite records of the year, no question about it.

Comment

Nice one [MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION] and to think it’s only a few weeks away, you’ll have a top night.

Comment

I went to see Carpenter Brut in Amsterdam for my birthday this year. I took psychedelic truffles and then the display on my phone turned to liquid for the rest of the evening which made using Google maps to get back to my hotel utterly impossible. I decided to just guess the way instead and managed to find it perfectly.

He's playing again in Utrecht at the end of the month, but I'm off to see Michael Schenker in Oberhausen two nights prior... Two gigs almost back-to-back might be taking the piss a bit.

Comment

I won't be doing that, then!
                I might stretch to some Thornton's Viennese Truffles.

Comment

Cheers, FF!

Fuse, I'm pretty sure you only listen to bands that have NEVER been played on the radio!

Comment

Just been to see John Carpenter at the Barras. Tremendous. They played tunes from a lot of classic films even stuff like In the Mouth of Madness. Well worth seeing.

Comment

I've got Ash tomorrow!

Comment

Jack White in about an hour at the usher hall. Bit iffy about it as his latest album was ****e, but I’m sure it’ll be good!

Comment

How well did the phone ban work?

Comment

You know what, it was ****ing brilliant. It’s been so long since I’ve been at a gig without looking through a sea of phones to see the band I’d forgotten how good it was.

And despite my doubts, they absolutely rocked it tonight. I’m a huge fan, but like I said I was nervous it would focus too much on the new album, but it was a bit of everything. Superb.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                              How well did the phone ban work?
                              What's this about, then?
                              Did it say on the tickets?
                              Anyone film anyway?

I saw this tour advertised on Facebook and was confused for a second as I thought "Wait, Jack Whitehall is in a band?!".

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                                You know what, it was ****ing brilliant. It’s been so long since I’ve been at a gig without looking through a sea of phones to see the band I’d forgotten how good it was.

And despite my doubts, they absolutely rocked it tonight. I’m a huge fan, but like I said I was nervous it would focus too much on the new album, but it was a bit of everything. Superb.
                                I normally go to see Jack White on tour as my good lady is a big fan. But she refused to go due to the phone thing. I can’t say I blame musicians for trying things like that though. Sounds like it’s the right thing to do IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                                X