No announcement yet.

Gig Going Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scream for me Donnington! Download 2019 has been and gone. Loads of rain, mud, some sunshine and plenty of great bands. Seeing Slayer for the last time was great but also a shame they’re still awesome live. Have to highlight Royal Republic, Eagles of Death Metal, Anthrax and Clutch as the standouts of the weekend. Also enjoyed Love Bites (Japanese style NWOBHM), The Interrupters (quite like Rancid) and Elvana (Nirvana via Elvis).

Comment

So jealous.

I'm literally sat here watching Pumpkins footage because I couldn't go.

Comment

I've missed two gigs I've had tickets for lately due to poor planning, and general apathy on my part. I've got tickets for Black Midi tomorrow too, and right now I've got a completely blocked ear that probably needs syringing. Guess I'm probably passing on that, too, then. Also realised that it's almost a dead cert that I'm going to have to miss ArcTanGent too, despite having VIP tickets.

Grumble.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          So jealous.

I'm literally sat here watching Pumpkins footage because I couldn't go.
          I thought they were really dull. When James Iha asked the crowd if they were having a reasonable time he wasn’t far off the mark. Shame.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
            I thought they were really dull. When James Iha asked the crowd if they were having a reasonable time he wasn’t far off the mark. Shame.
            I'll be honest, I was a little underwhelmed with their performance, based on what I saw last night.
            When he introduced a guest singer for the "Snowblind" cover, you could hear a pin drop as everyone thought "who? From what?"

I still would've liked to have been there, but the minimal crowd interaction has tempered my disappointment a little.

Download's just ace though, isn't it?

Every time I go, I have a blast. Even if there's only a couple of bands I want to see, I love catching new acts or just chilling with a pint listening the the riffs. Everyone is up for a laugh and ready to party.

Comment

At the CCA in Glasgow last night for Say Sue Me. I was gutted for them as the turnout was poor. But they gave us a good set and introduced some new material from the next album. Why these guys aren’t more popular I have no idea.

Comment

I've not listened to them, so I'll get on that.

Got tickets to see Dinosaur Pile-Up in December, yassss.

Comment

I saw someone say on Twitter.
                  “Oh I’m off to see Magic Sword tonight.”
                  WTF??? GOD DAMMIT.

I need to sign up for some kind of music live notification app or summin.

Comment

Yeah that happens to me all the time. And I feel it’s worse because I’m in Dublin because a lot of smaller bands I like skip playing here so it stings all the more when I find out they did play and I missed it.

Chromatics are playing this month but on my kid’s birthday and I’m not sure she is going to appreciate me going out that night.

Comment

Sign up for Songkick, tell it bands you like, tell it where you live, sorted.

I'm still being rubbish and bailing on shows I've booked for, with really crap excuses. Missed Emma Ruth Rundle this Sunday just gone, but hoping to make it out to Deafheaven on Thursday. October should be good with Melt Banana, Sun O))), Conjurer, and Daughters. Provided I actually make it out.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post

I'm still being rubbish and bailing on shows I've booked for, with really crap excuses. Missed Emma Ruth Rundle this Sunday just gone, but hoping to make it out to Deafheaven on Thursday. October should be good with Melt Banana, Sunn O))), Conjurer, and Daughters. Provided I actually make it out.
                        Ooooh :-) Their collaboration with Scott Walker was epic.

Comment

Went to see Gary Numan at the 02 Academy in Liverpool last night.

His tour is a celebration of his career to date, which spans a whopping 40 years!

Played most of his classics, but missed off ‘We are Glass” and “I Die You Die”, which was a bit of a disappointment for both me and the wife.

Support was by a female solo artist by the name of Kanga, which was well received by the sold out crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post

I'm still being rubbish and bailing on shows I've booked for, with really crap excuses. Missed Emma Ruth Rundle this Sunday just gone, but hoping to make it out to Deafheaven on Thursday. October should be good with Melt Banana, Sun O))), Conjurer, and Daughters. Provided I actually make it out.
                            I'm going to see Melt-Banana in Edinburgh. Really looking forward to it they should be something else to see live.

Comment

Oh lordy yes, they're a great live act. This will be my... third, maybe fourth time, and they've always put on a show!

Comment

Saw The Pixies at LuxExpo in Luxembourg last night. Great stuff. Two hours of tunes and no nonsense. Can’t argue with that.
                                Tonight was Melt-Banana at the Caves in Edinburgh. Damn they were brilliant. Even better than I could have hoped for. I hope they’ll be at Download next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X