No announcement yet.

" I marveled at the megadrive, and was stunned by the super famicom "

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Super Famicom is my favourite machine ever, with the MD a respectable second. These machines deliver the pinnacle of 2D gaming. They're not old relics, but glorious gateways into a world of 2D magic.

It's easy to find great games for both machines. This Retro Section alone has page upon page of people appreciating and praising classic games for these machines. Just look through, and make-up your own mind.

Most 16bit games are tougher than todays games ( especially the action titles!) Games like Contra and Thunderforce take a lot of commitment and concentration to complete. There aren't any infinite continues or quick-save options. As you get into these games though, you will probably enjoy the challenge that for most people makes the games so playable.

I guess I should at least give a few recommendations though:

Sonic 1 is still a great game, that I often play through.

Plok is one of the lesser talked about snes platformers, but it's certainly one of the most stunning games for the machine.

Super Mario Kart, Pilotwings and F-Zero are all still amazingly playable great looking titles, that must be owned!

Comment

Originally posted by kingston lj
      The Super Famicom is my favourite machine ever. These machines deliver the pinnacle of 2D gaming. They're not old relics, but glorious gateways into a world of 2D magic.

Plok is one of the lesser talked about snes platformers, but it's certainly one of the most stunning games for the machine.
      Agreed there.

Was playing Plok! not so long ago. Massively underrated, along with Sky Blazer(Karuraoh on Jap).

May have to have a good SFC session this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by angelx
        Global Gladiators *hides* (Should I be ashamed to admit i loved this mcdonalds advert?)
        I have the Megadrive one and yes, I happen to think you should be ashamed I remember much preferring the GameGear one too, a lot less leaps of faith and invisible crap, going from a memory that's nigh on 10 years old so maybe I'm wrong. The levels on the MD version are far too long and the music is irritating as hell.

Me personally, I want to love Ristar but it's sooooooooo hard!

Another interesting SNES game, seeing as I've drooled on about Equinox in the past: Obitus. It's not the best game in the world, but it is something slightly different, more PC than console but made to be in a console style, a mazey dungeon crawler with puzzle key/lock elements.

Comment

Well im still marvelimg over my megadrive and im still being stunned by my sfc. Got a load more games on the way including f-zero, axelay and assalut suit valken for the sfc and alien storm, castle of illustion, quackshot, rambo 3, and trouble shooter on the md. Cant wait! :-)

Comment

Originally Posted by SuperDanX
            It was my jpn super famicom that amazed me the most, every game bar super bomberman was fantastic
            Your main problem is that you are playing the one player mode which is below average at best for a Snes game. 65% rating

You need to get a multi tap and have 4 people playing on battle mode to get the most out of this baby. It is absolutely stunning in multi player mode for sheer fun, adrenalin and having a laugh ohh yeah and being pissed helps as well.

Speed Zone with Golden Flame, Detonators, Punch or kick is a sight to behold, mad skill required not to smoke yourself with all that fire power.

This is one of my TOP 5 games on the Snes because of the countless multi player Bomberman sessions I used to have back in the day when I had no money but lots of time. I haven't had a good multiplayer bomberman session in ages. In fact Dave Fallows was at the last one.

Comment

I'll take your word for that fella, wasnt my cup of tea though, got it as part of a bundle so wasnt expecting to enjoy it much anyway, i dont doubt its a great game, having said that im selling it if anyone wants it! ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by NeoClaret
                Your main problem is that you are playing the one player mode which is below average at best for a Snes game. 65% rating

You need to get a multi tap and have 4 people playing on battle mode to get the most out of this baby. It is absolutely stunning in multi player mode for sheer fun, adrenalin and having a laugh ohh yeah and being pissed helps as well.
                Absolutely. Was playing this 4-up just last week and it was the only game we played all night - till 3AM

Comment

Me and my Mates used to play Bomberman for hours on my snes. The music, slick easy on the eye visuals, and frantic gameplay.. kept us coming back for many many years!

Definitely in my Top10!

Comment

Bomber man what a great game

Used to play the amiga version dynablasters quite a bit.How many versions were there for the snes?.

Would have loved to play the saturn version though think it had support for 10 players in hires mode

Comment

Btw why are sfc joypad leads so short? Its crazy! I heard that its because the average japanese home is pretty small but gee whiz,where nintendo trying to save money on cable?

Comment

How many versions were there for the snes?.
                        Believe there was 5, well 7 really.
                        There was:
                        Bomberman 1 (JAP/US/UK)
                        Bomberman 2 (JAP/US/UK)
                        Bomberman 2 Caravan Edition(JAP-Think this could be a boot, never played it)
                        Bomberman 3 (JAP/UK)
                        Bomberman 4 (JAP)
                        Bomberman 5 (JAP - quite similar to Saturn version but crazier characters)
                        Bomberman 5 Gold Cart (JAP)

IF I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But think that's an accurate discography
                        3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Well there's a Bomberman 2 gold cart..is that what you mean?

Comment

wasn't there a bomberman puzzle game also?

Comment

there was a bomberman puzzle game on MVS.

I'm too lame to remember its name though, its not very good

Comment

Panic Bomber?

Comment

Working...
                                X