Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter XBOX 360 NTSC-UK players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by capcom_suicide
    Pants mate. I tried to join random online matches, and half the time I get kciked from them too. Shame about these issues. ft:
    Same here, it's bloody frustrating.

C'mon Ubi, please address it.

Comment

Some fantastic games last night with Yoshimax, Gerry Helmet, Simmy, Momobeast and Cammy. Mix of co-op and Vs... superb stuff!!

The 3v3 games we got at the end were first class, loved the last one where all the activity ended up around the bridge at the centre of the map... registered a gorgeous Grenade launcher kill against Simmy, him at one side of the bridge me at the other, both out of sight... grenade aarched all the way across and BOOM, Simmy down, hehehe... that was the first real go of the online stuff I have had and am suitably impressed. On for more tonight of you boys around again!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders
        Same here, it's bloody frustrating.

C'mon Ubi, please address it.
        I'm just glad that I can host games, and with 8 players from my friends list, for the most part it is OK. (As per my reply ^^) I reckon the joining random games problems for Co-OP are again down to the badnwidth. Whats an average UK BB connection? 512/52?

I was checking mine, it's not as good as I thought it's 6500/750. So 750 upstream is OK for 8 players it seems.

Maybe people on slower line should try reducing to 4 players? That could still be good fun.

The games I had with Chopeman, Marty, Spatial, Jay etc were fantastic, and it would be a great shame if others didn't get to do the same.

I have been thinking a bit about tactics too, and had some email from my mate Dan "Suzi 9mm" Seeing as you can give "Waypoint" markers for players to follow (Orange diamonds) you could theortically do this:

TEAM = 8
        Commander

Squad A "Recon"
        Squad A leader, should be a sniper
        Squad A Rifelman
        Squad A Rifelman

Squad B "Assualt"
        Squad B Leader, Grenaider/Rifleman
        Squad B Grenaider
        Squad B Rifelman
        Squad B Rifelman

Squad A would be the longer range cover guys, getting the targets marked, sniping when in range. Squad B would be the ones taking out the targets and doing the close and dirty work. Commander would keep the plan on track, and make sure the drone was on target.

Just a quick doodle, but the attached is what Dan & I were roughly talking about.

The tactics should be available to all, so we know what the plan is, and we can refer to the waypoints.

Could be a laugh.
        Last edited by capcom_suicide; 18-04-2007, 08:50.

Comment

If the lobby system isn't sorted by Friday this is getting traded in for Burnout.

Which will be a shame as the game seems pretty sound.

Comment

Funny, I aint came across any problems with the lobby or any other aspect of the live set-up... trading this is the farthest thing from my mind right now!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mardigan8
              Funny, I aint came across any problems with the lobby or any other aspect of the live set-up... trading this is the farthest thing from my mind right now!!
              This is a very very stange situation. There has to be something on the connection side, maybe even down to the ISP's networks?

I know that we can for example VPN our remote offices in Scandianavia for Citrix, but had to use a WAN link for London, as the Broad Band provider (BT) offered very fast line speeds, but very poor "Quality" of connecttion, with lots of spikes in the connection speeds. OK for downloads, bad for latency dependant applications.

Could GRAW online CO-OP be a real stickler for latency? Could these problems be down to that?

I dunno, but it's very very sad, as people are missing out on AAA gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by Mardigan8
                Some fantastic games last night with Yoshimax, Gerry Helmet, Simmy, Momobeast and Cammy. Mix of co-op and Vs... superb stuff!!

The 3v3 games we got at the end were first class, loved the last one where all the activity ended up around the bridge at the centre of the map... registered a gorgeous Grenade launcher kill against Simmy, him at one side of the bridge me at the other, both out of sight... grenade aarched all the way across and BOOM, Simmy down, hehehe... that was the first real go of the online stuff I have had and am suitably impressed. On for more tonight of you boys around again!!
                ft: ft:

Yeah were some really great games last night. Was my first venture into MP, and we had no probs at all with Yoshi as the host. Absolutely loved the COOP games especially treasurey, and the 3v3 were class as well, especially on treasurey again which would be my fav map so far.

Yeah I wondered how the hell you took me out on the bridge, was telling momo and gerry that you were there, can see him, gonna take him "BOOM" dead lol. Was a nice shot 8)

Funniest moment had to be in one of the coop games, managed to get myself stuck on spectator mode (n00b) and was following Yoshi's game, when he decided to send a volley of grenades out of a stair well most of the team were camping in, only to bouce one of the grenades off a tree or something straight back into his lap, taking a good portion of the team out in one go. A true ROFLLMAO moment if ever there was one. Saying that though, think I got a few team kills in there, with my pathetic short range grenade throws, keep forgetting to switch my weapon back once i've chucked a nade and usually end up rolling one along the floor instead of firing my gun as intended.

Deffo up for some more tonight from 10pm if any are about !

Dave, sorry got your invites last night but was embralled in the above games. Deffo join our session in progress if we are on tonight, were some great games with no hosting probs at all !

Comment

Will be on tonight from 10 for some more carnage. The final co-op game we played in The Temple was amazing aswell... holding that extraction point with Momo had my nerves shatered, didnt want to let the boys down and registered an insane number of kills while holding it. Thought Momo had made it to but think he bought right before the heli arrived... was far too tense for my liking, just glad to get out fo their alive, hehehe.

I must have fired about 2 or 3 grenades over before the succesful one, couldn't get the arc right at first and knew that if I didnt get a kill soon I would be ****ed as gave away my position, some really fantastic moments in all the games... the "Far Cry" map had some good stuff in it too.

Not sure about these problems some people are having ut last night was flawless, cant wait to back into it tonight and try out some more modes and maps !!

Oh and the Single player is mind blowing !!

Comment

Only got chance to go online Friday night with this, but really enjoyed it. Should be about tonight around 10 so send me a friends request if you need to make up the numbers.

Gamertag : Addict 74

Comment

Ill be on tonight deffo - last nite was awesome!!

Mardi - Yup some dirty mexican bandito got me just before the heli arrived. I was gutted! Only one more co-op mission to do tho 1-1. (and you get an extra acheivement if you do all the objectives in that one i think)

Ha ha yoshi is classic online! John Rambo going AWOL

Looks like a 50cent tribute bowling round with all those stupid bandana things! Check yourself before you wreck yourself fellas!

Never had any probs joining. But i have noticed that if you want to "Join a session in progress" always login to the multiplayer section of the game 1st. Otherwise i usually get a "Connection Failed" if you just join from the menu screen/single player etc.
                      Last edited by momobeast; 13-03-2006, 11:57.

Comment

i`ll be on tonight from about 7ish onwards. i had no problems hosting on friday night, so will do the honours if we find other ntsc-uk-ers have filled all the co-op slots in other games. its so damn addictive, looking forward to a major sesh

tbm.

Comment

The Plan
                          Looks complicated.. erm, I mean tactical

Might be worth a try

Comment

Who's got the 2nd best connection here behind Soi?

I'm on 10mb NTL and can host games all night if it'll be any better.

Comment

This is a very very stange situation. There has to be something on the connection side, maybe even down to the ISP's networks?

I know that we can for example VPN our remote offices in Scandianavia for Citrix, but had to use a WAN link for London, as the Broad Band provider (BT) offered very fast line speeds, but very poor "Quality" of connecttion, with lots of spikes in the connection speeds. OK for downloads, bad for latency dependant applications.

Could GRAW online CO-OP be a real stickler for latency? Could these problems be down to that?

I dunno, but it's very very sad, as people are missing out on AAA gaming.
                              I'm more inclined to guess that it's sloppy code, seeing as there are so many reports of bugs and glitches from people (and I got dropped from your games quite a few times even with your connection). I don't ever recall getting dropped often from PD0 online and I only ever play 32 player games on that.

Also, speaking of tactics, not sure if this is common knowledge but I was told that the 'SD' at the end of a weapon name indicates that it's silenced (I was playing co-op with some Americans who insisted on everyone using silencers on Temple).

Comment

Originally posted by Edame
                                Also, speaking of tactics, not sure if this is common knowledge but I was told that the 'SD' at the end of a weapon name indicates that it's silenced (I was playing co-op with some Americans who insisted on everyone using silencers on Temple).
                                Twits, but saying that my only weapon of choice at the moment is a silenced rifle from the grenadier section. Think it is something like M468-SD or something, has a lovelly underslung grenade launcher, but more importantly sounds out of this world 8) which is all that really maters

Comment

Working...
                                X