24: The Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingston lj
    When I think of SCEE, the word ' PAP ' springs to mind. I know loads of people like Wipeout, but as an F-Zero obsessive, I see the franchise in a dull light.
    They're not comparable. It's like comparing Ridge Racer to PGR. Really do need to get around to saying what's wrong and what's right with this but I'm simply too lazy. Suffice to say the game's saving grace is its licence - any other game the playable parts were attached to and it'd be a stinker.

Comment

Originally posted by Concept
      They're not comparable. It's like comparing Ridge Racer to PGR. Really do need to get around to saying what's wrong and what's right with this but I'm simply too lazy. Suffice to say the game's saving grace is its licence - any other game the playable parts were attached to and it'd be a stinker.
      Well.. away from the different feel of the franchises, I just find Wipeout too be too drab and soulless compared to the vibrant rich universe of F-Zero.

I can appreciate that some people enjoy the bleak cold look that Wipeout is known for though!

Comment

It depends which version of Wipeout you play. 3 and Pure are certainly more minimalist than either Wipeout, 2097 and 64. I wouldn't necessarily say the aesthetic is completely cold though... 2097 has a wonderfully expressive colourscheme, and 3 is very subtle in the tones and shades it uses.
        Last edited by Concept; 21-03-2006, 06:49.

Comment

Originally posted by kingston lj
          Have there been any European produced Sony in-house games that have been AAA, or even good?
          Bizarre Creations: F1'97 8)

edit: psone though. Fantasitc game though.

Comment

Completed the game Monday. Not a bad game really, has a few frustrating moments due to the poor aiming and controls at times. One massive show stopper moment with a glitch around hour 11 where if triggered the game won't progress, pretty common problem and fixed easily without re-playing anything.

Also not enough Jack missions I found, I don't think Tony has done so much field work in his whole career until this day I stuck with it being a fan of 24, the story kept me going, but if it wasn't for that I think I would of given up early on.

Graeme

Comment

As a new found fan of 24 (Awaiting Season 5 to come out on DVD), I'd thought I'd pick this up.

Completed this over the course of a week, but loved every minute - presentation was quite good, camera and AI were not so good. But the variety of levels and such was great and as a Movie / TV Tie-In Game I was quite impressed - it didn't deserve the slatings in some of the reviews I read, I thought.

Comment

Working...
              X