No announcement yet.

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually prefered Shivering Isles to the main Oblivion game in many ways (and I really liked Oblivion).

Comment

I really don't know how I can play to balance things out. I have both games ramped up to max difficulty and my sword skills are maxed, yet my heavy armour skill is at something like 60. Maybe I should try playing naked, or give the enemies 'chances'.

Originally posted by Kaido
      you aren't missing much.
      Maybe not apart from the 800mp I had to shell out for it. At least when I start Fallout I know not to indulge in any DLC.

Comment

I quite liked KotN - got some cool armour and stuff and some very handy spells. I did it very early on in my playthrough & it helped me immensely.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
          At least when I start Fallout I know not to indulge in any DLC.
          Read up on them first, there's a few stinkers but also some great additions to the game. Also, are you sure you want to start Fallout? You don't really seem to be enjoying Oblivion and Skyrim.

Comment

I've already bought it when my liking for Oblivion was on an uptrend, so I should at least make an effort.

To be fair both Oblivion and Skyrim have some very redeeming qualities, however most are missing from either one or the other, or both entirely. I'm interested to see if Fallout bridges those gaps or falls on it's face.

I plan to write a very detailed report on my findings across all three games once I've invested more time into them, for what it's worth. Apart from SSFIV training I don't have much else to concentrate on. I'm actually trying to ward off my Diablo III craving more than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
              Maybe not apart from the 800mp I had to shell out for it. At least when I start Fallout I know not to indulge in any DLC.
              With Fallout 3 you should at least Install the broken Steel DLC, as it increases the level cap from 20 to 30. Also the DLC that does that, which is Broken Steel, is brilliant and a vital part of the game IMO.

Comment

I'll give it a go but if it's another 800msp wasted I'm going to be very pissed off.

I found out a new, fun way to tackle Oblivion Gates last night... Simply equip the ring that gives shock immunity and the Springheel Jak boots and simply sprint like a madman to the end, jumping over enemies if you must! Activating the Sigil Stone at the end is a proper "TOUCHDOWN MOTHERF**KERS!!1" moment. I might even clear them all up now.

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
                  I quite liked KotN - got some cool armour and stuff and some very handy spells. I did it very early on in my playthrough & it helped me immensely.
                  This sounds like a good idea, I couldn't even equip the armour as my fighter or thief characters as they'd been "naughty boys".

If you do get it working then a new character just for the DLC could work well.

As far as Fallout DLC goes, I was massively disappointed there was nothing near as good as the Shivering Isles and most of it just spoiled the original game's atmosphere. Fallout is another game you need to tweak the difficulty and/or run around in your pants with a flaming sword instead of maxing out stats

Comment

I?ve started getting fond memories about this and just noticed that they?ve released a Anniversary edition of this on Xbox 360.

Quick question, does anyone know if this edition has all the bonus content on disc or not?

Comment

No it doesn't sadly, just the main game and expansion.

Might have Knights of the Nine too, but certainly nothing like Mehrune's Razor or Horse Armor etc.

Comment

That's cool, just wanted to know if it was on disc or as a DLC code on paper.

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Presumably it'll be on the disc, but I'm not 100%

I'd google it.

Comment

Working...
                          X