Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The CCC Thread (Complete Collection Collectors)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont have any complete collections

i have owned and sold:

complete NGCD set - including all variants of kof 98 (used to make MD angry)
    complete UK NGPC set
    almost complete Jp Neo Geo set (just chibi maruko chan and maybe 2 others short)

right now i have (about unsure of actual numbers) all Jp
    Saturn - 350+ titles
    dreamcast - 200+ titles
    N64 - 100+ titles
    PC Engine - 50+ titles

Comment

I mainly collect TRPG/SRPGs and have a complete collection of English translated TRPG/SRPGs accross all the consoles I own. I'm also only a few off being totally complete on all the consoles I own for TRPG/SRPG in any language aswell. Ive only got a few more to get.

I also have a full collection of Super robot Wars games for the consoles that I own which means I need to collect a wonderswan to get the three SRW games that were released on that. When Ive completed my SRPG list I can then sit back and save up for my other passion of Mecha animes and Anime cels until more TRPGs get released that is.
      Last edited by AdamJW; 28-03-2006, 23:39.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M
        By far the easiest is PAL DC, I could go out tomorrow and buy every game bar one title, which is proving to be a real pain to find. But at the minute I'm not interested in finishing it at the momment as all I need are the crap games. Which I'm not looking forward to collecting.

Now if you want to be the ultimate collector go for a full set of PC games! Now that would be a collector's nightmare!
        I'm not really into getting every game on a system for the sake of it, but having finished with buying all the rediculously cheap DC games (which were current gen at the time) I only had like another 60 or so to go, so I've completed that set now (though I'm still pickin up US exclusives and Japanese games its possible to play in english... and ones with purdy boxes). Would definately agree that it's currently the easiest to complete, though I don't expect it to stay that way as I can see Taxi 2 in particular becoming a complete pain in the arse later on. Also depends if you count Flintstones as a PAL DC game or not, I don't have that though I do intend picking it up sometime in the future, jus really hard to justify ?100+ on a really **** and unfinished game, but at the same time it was actually pressed onto a white label GD so technically counts...

With the exception of this though I'm trying to keep every system limited to below 100 games, am around 75 on cube snes megadrive etc. Not really many more games I want to add to them sets though

Goin for a complete set of PC games, that would probably never happen as is there even any way of compiling a list of every PC game ever released? bearing in mind it's an open format and so theres no real way of telling what games and what not were released. Still I'd love to see every PC game ever in 1 room
        Last edited by MikeRox; 29-03-2006, 04:38.

Comment

I've almost got a complete collection of reasons why I shouldn't waste money on game by the missus. The trouble is that every now and then a new one will appear

I'm thinking about going for a full Saturn set (already have about 650 + NTSC-J games) but I can't bring myself to pay big bucks for crap such as Waltz and Eyeful Home ! On the other hand I may go for a complete Japanese DC collection since I'm 3/4 of the way there already. Just really need to buy all those love adventure games and would the Sakura Taisen box set count as a separate game?

Yakumo

Comment

Well it depends how you class complete tbh.

If you just look at it as games released for sale then you wouldn't need Eyeful or Waltz or Delisoba. Tetris is out there for the md, but it wasn't released for sale so I don't count it as part of the full set for my purposes.

Depends where you draw the line. I mean you could try and get any game media that exists for a given console, that would be a type of complete. Demos, protos, samples etc. That would mean realistically you'd never finish any console though, unless you already had all the protos for it.

Comment

Not into collecting everything like, like as Kubrick pointed out. Even on PAL there's just too much junk I'm not interested in playing. And that's just it, I do play everything with about 80% of my stuff completed. I'm a collector of good games, see?

Anyway, I did think about collecting a subset of games like the AC series (just got into them myself, really) or all the Midas releases (having about 20 of 'em already, it's not a million miles off a full set).

Comment

Originally posted by Smegaman
                Would definately agree that it's currently the easiest to complete, though I don't expect it to stay that way as I can see Taxi 2 in particular becoming a complete pain in the arse later on. Also depends if you count Flintstones as a PAL DC game or not, I don't have that though I do intend picking it up sometime in the future, jus really hard to justify ?100+ on a really **** and unfinished game, but at the same time it was actually pressed onto a white label GD so technically counts...

Goin for a complete set of PC games, that would probably never happen as is there even any way of compiling a list of every PC game ever released? bearing in mind it's an open format and so theres no real way of telling what games and what not were released. Still I'd love to see every PC game ever in 1 room
                I think any none UK PAL game will be a pain to get, the SNES, being one of the worse formats for it. Flintstones DC that?s a new one on me?? I?m pretty sure that there is a press release of 4x4 Evolution out there as well, but I haven?t seen it yet. Which Flintstones game is it?

That means there are 217 Dreamcast releases as long as you include Taxi 2, Planet Rings and Sega Swirl and it would go up to 220 if you included the 2 press releases of Flintstones and 4x4 (So long as it exists) and the French version of WWTBAM.

As for PC games you would have to drawn the line at every game released in a shop, but even just trying to track down all the versions would be a living nightmare. It would be interesting to see every PC?s game in one room, it would need to be a very very very big room!

As for collecting it does depend were you drawn line, I'm with wheelaa on just getting games released for sale. But I myself would class the Shining Force III Premium Disc and Delisoba as games that where released for sale, it?s just that you had to send away for them or be at a special one off TV event. While Demos, protos, samples etc would be nice to have they require big money to track down and not to mention the fact that many of them would be stolen from the company that makes them.

What's special about Waltz and Eyeful Home! Can?t say I heard of them before.

Last edited by S3M; 29-03-2006, 10:45.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M

As for collecting it does depend were you drawn line, I'm with wheelaa on just getting games released for sale. But I myself would class the Shining Force III Premium Disc and Delisoba as games that where released for sale, it?s just that you had to send away for them or be at a special one off TV event. While Demos, protos, samples etc would be nice to have they require big money to track down and not to mention the fact that many of them would be stolen from the company that makes them.

What's special about Waltz and Eyeful Home! Can?t say I heard of them before.

Exactly. Its where you decide to draw the line. I mean personally I wouldn't class SFIIIPD or Deli as games released for sale, as taken at face value they simply weren't. So too say Darius Alpha. It doesn't mean I don't want them though (and have them ), and I would include them in any personal complete lists of course.

I suppose I factor in an element of availability too when it comes to games not strictly released for sale. Delisoba or the Premum Disc aren't that common but are available fairly easily so if I was after a full jp saturn set it would be incumbent upon me to get them. Things like Sonic Xtreme or Chelnov wouldn't count though as although I'd love them they are too rare and unavailable to fret over as missing titles from your 'complete' saturn collection.

Edit...nothing special about Eyeful or Waltz. They're open house demos, ie ****. Just very rare with a rumoured 50 of each only in print!
                  Last edited by wheelaa; 29-03-2006, 12:01.

Comment

Originally posted by howlin-murdock
                    so dude do you have the C64 GS? by the way there was a Last Ninja 3 on ebay the other week (complete cart) apparently rated a 9 or 10 by DP for its rarity, considering it went for 40ish pound is pretty cool.
                    I've got a C64GS complete here at home. And that's never been used complete state. Likewise a revision 1 C64, never been used. PAL version, VERY rare to find.

I stared blankly at your statement regarding Last Ninja 3... because there's no way on God's merry earth I would have missed seeing this somehow appear on cart. It's a myth, it never got released in that format. The only carts that were made (so I've been told by Dan Philips who did the intro) were internal System 3 ones only. If you've got a link, please show me as I can't find it on eBay (I had to double check to make sure heh). Regarding the DP guide, that's my domain, I'm the person in charge of that section

(along with Vic20 and NGPC)
                    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar
                      Not into collecting everything like, like as Kubrick pointed out. Even on PAL there's just too much junk I'm not interested in playing. And that's just it, I do play everything with about 80% of my stuff completed. I'm a collector of good games, see?

Anyway, I did think about collecting a subset of games like the AC series (just got into them myself, really) or all the Midas releases (having about 20 of 'em already, it's not a million miles off a full set).
                      I agree with this completely there's too much substandard stuff around to warrant me ever having absolutely complete collections. I just wouldnt go there with the crapper games. Simply because I'm on Incapacity, so I have to be very careful and always 100% sure the games I buy are at the quality end of the games I collect anyway.

Those sentiments are spot on, and I too like to think of the games I buy as being the better end of things. It doesnt always work, but there's just loads I simply wouldnt entertain just to make up numbers, so like those sentiments I'm always 80%/90% bracket with alot of my collections such as a full FF collection or even SRW. I like to see myself as a purveyor of quality collecting rather than a harbinger of quantity because alot of those being at the ****e end.

Im also one of these who doesnt want to own games twice so if I can make up a full collection by getting, say a boxset, with two games I want in the boxset. Then I'll buy this and wont go out and by the originals aswell. I simply cant afford to do this, and this doesnt always work aswell, but I like to try and stick to the quality side of things myself.

Rather than say things like (as an example) " I've got a XXX games but only XX are actually any good". I'd rather be able to sit back and say " All XXX are good or at leat at a certain standard ". I'll definitely omitt any that arent upto scratch by not even going there in the first place, so I share those sentiments entirely myself and a bit of research always helps..
                      Last edited by AdamJW; 29-03-2006, 12:37.

Comment

Does anyone have a complete Virtual Boy collection? Everythings pretty much available - its just whether you want to pay the extra for the boxes and for some of the less common games.

Comment

I was looking at some virtual boy Gundam game the other day and it was ?200+. I could never afford anything like that in my position. I'm sure there'll be some who can though. I'd like to hear of someone who has a full VB collection aswell and then I'd ask for a borrow.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M
                            Flintstones DC that?s a new one on me?? I?m pretty sure that there is a press release of 4x4 Evolution out there as well, but I haven?t seen it yet. Which Flintstones game is it?
                            It's Viva Rock Vegas, a terrible mario kart "clone" also availible on PS2. 4x4 Evolution I believe probably did have a press release as every mag pretty much reviewed it. Another one there might have been a white label review disc of could have been Armada, I know DC-UK reviewed it with Acclaim as the publisher, but the game never saw the light of day in Europe. Then theres that Half Life Video demo discs too.

Tbh when it comes to whats lying round for DC, your guess is as good as mine.

Comment

I personally wouldn't count any promos & what-have-you as being essential for a "complete collection". But it all depends on where you draw the line for yourself - it's impossible to come up with quick & fast 'one-size fits all' guidelines since no-one ever agrees, and there's exceptions to just about every rule you can think of.

Comment

I am trying to collect all the games made by Nintendo for the Famicom and Super Famicom. I think after I will move to the GBA and Gamcube. If I don't count promos and things like that, should I not count Limited Edition versions of games too?

I have not got any complete collections but I hope to have all of the Zelda and Castlevania games one day. ^_^

Comment

Working...
                                X