Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The CCC Thread (Complete Collection Collectors)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The CCC Thread (Complete Collection Collectors)

There seems to have been a few posts recently about complete game lists. Similarly I know several people here either have or are going for full sets of games on console x or y, regions a or b. So post up what you have, what you're going for, how far in you are etc.

To kick off then..

I have a full ngcd set, a full ukngpc set, and a full pal32x set.

I'm going for a full jp md set and need 7 titles to finish it (8 including tetris but as it was never officially released it doesn't really count imo).

Over to you!

I've got a complete Euro SMS collection (280 titles), almost all the major variations, all 6 US-exclusives and all-bar-4 of the Brazilian exclusives.

Currently working on PAL MegaDrive, missing around 150 there (of 525 total), though most of those are fairly easy to get.

Been making headway on a boxed Euro GameGear collection recently too - got about 50 out of 200 total.

Also just missing 3 PAL Pico titles. I tend to keep quiet about that one though
    Last edited by anagrama; 28-03-2006, 14:13.

Comment

Oh, and which JP MD titles are you still missing, wheelaa? Are you counting the non-game carts in there too?

Comment

Good stuff anagrama. I've been thinking about GG collecting too as it happens, but jp of course for me.

Re jpmd - Of course! Anything that fits in the cart slot and was officially released, so it includes stuff like Nagoya and Mega Answer. It includes variants too like the Pro Striker recall and reissue etc. The ones I still need I'm keeping schtum on the names though. Only 2 are very pricey, 3 are very common, one is random. But there is one game that seems to be exceedingly rare, so rare in fact that I am yet to see a copy for sale, but when I do I know it will be dirt cheap as its neither desirable nor a 'known' rare title.

Comment

Heh, fairy 'nuff. No point creating extra competition I guess

As far as the GG goes, I figured that would probably be the hardest PAL Sega system to complete, so have been trying to pick up a bunch of the rarer ones lately while demand is still pretty low. I suspect they're going to start rising as more people complete SMS & MD collections (I know a fair few folks who are close on both)...

Oh, and I'm continuing to slowly pick up SG1000 titles too - around halfway there at the mo (33/70, I think), but it's going to get a lot tougher from here onwards...

Comment

Originally posted by anagrama
            Heh, fairy 'nuff. No point creating extra competition I guess
            Damn right..although on the flipside someone could have the games and be willing to sell them.

As far as the GG goes, I figured that would probably be the hardest PAL Sega system to complete, so have been trying to pick up a bunch of the rarer ones lately while demand is still pretty low. I suspect they're going to start rising as more people complete SMS & MD collections (I know a fair few folks who are close on both)...

Oh, and I'm continuing to slowly pick up SG1000 titles too - around halfway there at the mo (33/70, I think), but it's going to get a lot tougher from here onwards...
            Wise moves. Although I think Pal 32x set must be harder to finish I guess pal saturn is perhaps the easiest pal sega set to get??

I'm semi toying with the idea of going for a full jp pce set too..if only coz I've got over 400 (out of 700-750 odd) from just being into pce. Trouble is though I can't resist the lure of getting sealed pce games for the games I really really like, and sadly it gets very expensive indeed.

Comment

Going for a complete set of Japanese MD titles. I'm nowhere bloody near, but it's a great way to waste my wages!!

Currently I'm working my way through a list of 30 - 40 titles that I aim to have added to my collection by the end of the year.

Comment

Get in. Feel the sega love!

Comment

It's PAL N64 collecting for me...I'm short of around 50 i would say (give or take...I cant be bothered looking at my list right now) but quite a few of them are just cheap filler I haven't got round to getting yet. Some of those however are the fairly rare/pricey ones and so I'm going to have to wait until I'm out of the overdraft before dabbling in those!

Oh how it pains me!

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa
                    Get in. Feel the sega love!
                    Problem is, everytime you post, I realise that I'm missing something else
                    That Fifa title for example!

Comment

That's harsh. I had a spare Fifa too until recently. Need NFL Club 95?

Actually, wanna compare release lists? Not trying to sing my praises but I'm yet to see a list as full as mine on the web anywhere. Even Guardiana is missing a regular release, and a few odd balls.

Comment

Wise moves. Although I think Pal 32x set must be harder to finish I guess pal saturn is perhaps the easiest pal sega set to get??
                        eh, yeah I guess - at least with the GG it's more a case of having to hunt long & hard for boxed copies of the rarest ones, but they shouldn't break the bank too much when they do turn up - can't really see any Euro titles pulling in more than about ?20-?30 tops.
                        The Big 3 are dissuading me from going after 32X for the time being - dunno if I could ever bring myself to drop a few hundred on them. Same problem with the 2 crazy-rare SG titles (Pachinko & Space Slalom) and, to a lesser extent, with the MegaCD.

I'd probably give DC the nod for easiest PAL Sega set (ignoring the 11-game Pico library, anyway ) - slightly smaller catalogue than the Saturn, and only Samba gets silly - everything else tops out at about ?30 again.

Comment

That's harsh. I had a spare Fifa too until recently.
                          DAMN IT!!

Need NFL Club 95?
                          Yes, actually I do

Actually, wanna compare release lists? Not trying to sing my praises but I'm yet to see a list as full as mine on the web anywhere. Even Guardiana is missing a regular release, and a few odd balls.
                          It wouldn't be worth your time. my collection is still in it's infancy. But I would be interested in seeing your list. That way I have something to aim for

Comment

Well let's see... and most of my collections are complete titles (as in box, manual, media, overlays, summary sheets etc) too.

Have complete UK NGPC, and I've got all the JPN exclusive NGPC titles. In other words, I have all of them bar the 39 that were released in the UK! I'll go for those in due course. I also have all the b&w titles as well.

Have complete 7800 collection. Most of it is PAL, including almost all the third party titles. The rest of the gaps are filled by NTSC, mostly where no PAL version exists.

Have complete N64DD collection. Not much to say there, just 9 titles in total.

Technically I'm going for a complete C64 and Vic20 cart collection, though there's many ultra rare (as in I know only one or two copies in existance) titles out there (especially for the latter) that it will probably never happen. I can wish though

I'm one title away from a complete US Vectrex collection (Hyperchase) and it's just appeared on eBay. I even have two 3D Imagers at the moment.

The main focus of buying currently is a complete US Gamecube collection. Up to 419 titles at the moment including demo disks and varients. Reckon I've got about another 100 to go from releases out there at the moment. Got all the hard to find and "rare" games I think, just quite a few sports titles still left.
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I'm going for a complete Super Grafx collection, only 4 more to go

Comment

Working...
                              X