2006 Fifa World Cup (360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2006 Fifa World Cup (360)

Wow, what can i say: i'm very impressed by this title. It might be that I wasn't expecting much but it's really won me over as a complete next gen package.

Gameplay, the crux of Fifa, is great: closer to pro evo than ever before and very smooth.

Graphics are largely fantastic with varied player animations and a great look to the stadiums in general. (random slow down though during replay moments is irksome but doesn't detract from the gameplay.)

The one thing that has really struck a chord with me whilst playing this game is how much atmosphere oozes from it, the summer style EA trax from around the world, the crowd noises,commentary and the great title screen depicting a giant globe all give a sense of 'event' fitting for the world cup.

Gonna play some multiplayerage laters to see how that holds up.

Did you play the RTWC one? How does it differ from that one any major differences?

Comment

i have got it on playstation 2, basically its a very good game, just what JCEE said

Comment

Although good its simply too easy and gets very repetitive quickly.

The game feels it's on rails as players seem to make the same runs over and over again.

Although the game is very polished in terms of presentation, it still lacks the sophistication a football fan desires.

Comment

Surely you could just change the difficulty level in the settings?

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus
            Surely you could just change the difficulty level in the settings?
            Spot on Jebus.

This game is much better when played on either of the 2 hardest modes and i dont get where people think the game feels sometimes like its played on rails as when played on a higher difficult level through balls have to be very well timed to get your man clear through.Also have to say some of the saves the cpu pulls of at times is excellent,saving with there feet /one handed beating the ball away with two hands/fumbles the quick to gather the loose ball.

This is an excellent World Cup game with a lot to offer considering its countrys only with plenty of goodies to unlock plenty of grounds to play at inc Millenium Stadium although these grounds are not used in World Cup matches.

G.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle
              Did you play the RTWC one? How does it differ from that one any major differences?
              I'd also like to know this if anyone can answer

Comment

Whats teh structure like , is it just the World cup you can play with no domextic leagues etc?

Comment

Only played one friendly so far but it was a 2-1 win over Germany from 1-0 down with Rooney scoring the winner two minutes from the end so I quite enjoyed it as you can imagine
                  Looks a bit ropey on 360, being a multi-platform release, but it sounds superb and the presentation is lush. Complete pro-evo rip off gameplay wise which is a very good thing.

Comment

Much much better.

Comment

Daz this new World Cup Fifa is a lot better than the first one released on lauch day in many ways.

Gameplay:Gameplay is realy fast and veryslick and it allows for many ways for creating and scoring goals.(Dare i say it it seems to play like a fast W11/Pro Evo) but with all the glitz n glamour that is Fifa.
                      AI is massively improved and when knocking this up to Pro level the game is very challengingas through balls become a lot harder to pull off and you do realy need to work the ball to create chances.
                      The addition of the star player seems also well implemeted as when i was England i split the defence with Rooney running in on goal only to be caught up by defenders but was able to hold them off and get a shot away as strength is one of his special abilities but moments later i got through with Owen and was away and defenders never got near me Ronaldhinio seems to have the ball stuck to his feet and your are able to fancy dribble around 2players sometimes.although i found it a lot harder to split defences on the harder difficult settings.

Graphics: Not as next gen looking as we all wanted but still way ahead of the other formats but some of the player likenesses are a bit ropey in places and every now n then a tad of slowdown on replays but not enough to spoil them in anyway.
                      Stadiums /shadows and all the lighting blooms look fantastic.
                      On the pitch all looks very clear n sharp no matter the view your useing and have to say that the cutscenes and replays look fantastic and add real atmosphere to the game.

Sound:Awesome..without doubt you realy do get the feeling off taking part in a World Cup and if you have your 360 connected to an amp and a shed load of speakers this is gonna blow the roof off.
                      Commentary is also very good i think Tilsley has been the best commentator in the Fifa series and Towsend does a better job than Mr Sky Andy Gray and hardly a line gets repeated in a match.

Modes of Play:There are also many modes to play even though its a World Cup game with tournaments and trophys to win al over the world and you can dive straight into the world cup itself or take your team throught he qualifying stages first and then into the World Cup.Theres a scenario mode also worth mentioning so if ya fanct putting all englands failures in the past to right then here is the place to do it. Penalty Shootouts are also excellent to play as know your goalkeeper can dance along his goal line waving his arms about tuck his shirt in on the line or even the old rubber legs routine like Dudek/Grobbelar in past Euro cup finals.

Conclusion:All in all an excellent Fifa even if it is only a World Cup game but EA or deffo going the right way now roll on FIFA 2007..

G.

Comment

glazza

Thanks for the details above. I have got this waiting for me at home, so very much looking forward to a bit of footy action tonight. Judging by your comments I should be happy with the changes....

Comment

Out of interest...

I read somewhere each team has 20-25 players in so you can "drop" them so to speak and it really feels like you are taking the team onward through the group stages...

Whats the full England line up?

Comment

Originally posted by Trok REAPER
                            glazza

Thanks for the details above. I have got this waiting for me at home, so very much looking forward to a bit of footy action tonight. Judging by your comments I should be happy with the changes....

Trok its not perfect but its very much improved in a lot of important areas and its very enjoyable to play.

G.
                            Last edited by glazza; 27-04-2006, 15:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus
                              Out of interest...

I read somewhere each team has 20-25 players in so you can "drop" them so to speak and it really feels like you are taking the team onward through the group stages...

Whats the full England line up?
                              England Squad in Full>

GK:
                              Paul Robinson/David James/Robert Green/Chris Kirkland

Defenders:
                              Rio Ferdinand/John Terry/Gary Neville/Ashley Cole/Luke Young/Glen Johnson/Sol Campbell/Johnathan Woodgate/Matty Upson/Jamie Carragher/Ledley King/Zat Knlght/Wes Brown/Wayne Bridge.

Midfielders:
                              David Beckham/Steve Gerrard/Frank Lampard/Joe Cole/Phil Neville/Owen Hargreaves/S.W.Phillips/Michael Carrick/Kieron Dyer/Jermain Jenas/Alan Smith/Kieron Richardson.

Forwards:
                              Wayne Rooney/Michael Owen/Peter Crouch/Jermain Defoe/Darrius Vasel/Darren Bent/Andrew Johnson/Emile Heskey

G.

Comment

Working...
                              X