No announcement yet.

Nintendo Wii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't "Wai" or "Wiiii" Japanese (or it might be Chinese) for Hello?

I'm sure somebody told me that once :S

Comment

They should've stuck with Revolution, the connotations the word carries etc
      It's wanky sounding enough for the general public to pick up on too (X-Box, Playstation etc)
      And it can be shortened nicely to 'Rev' which is all cool sounding and street and all that guff...

Comment

I'm in shock like I was when they announced the controller. This time in a bad way though...

Comment

Wii oh wii would they do this....?

It's terrible.

Comment

What an incredibly stupid name. Revolution was excellent and they should have just stuck with that.

Comment

Wasn't funny the first time

Comment

"Wii as in we"

Yeah it could also be : wii as in wee, as in I need a wee, or "This name is steaming weeload of wee".

Stupid, at least make it a word in the dictionary!

Rather daft as well since almost everyone who cares knows it as the "Nintendo Revolution" isn't it?

Comment

"I want a Wii."

Oh dear god. You'll be laughed out of the shop. *shakes head in disbelief*

So, third again?

Comment

'Revolution' is a great emotive word, and it actually means something without having to explain it. As as added bonus it perfectly described what the system was all about.

Tell someone you're interested in the new wii and you may get an unexpected response.

Comment

Maybe its pissing me off because I still like to think that I can play adult games on a Nintendo console but this name is suggesting the Revolution is aimed at children who will respond well to the word "Wee"...

Man that sucks. Must get passed this. The fanboy in me is weeping - at least I think thats what that is

Comment

I think the new name is pathetic, but that won't stop me from buying the system.

Comment

laughably bad. How we all mocked MS for Xbox360.

Comment

Maybe nitendo are going in a new adult direction are are gonna release a golden showers sim game (jpn only) useing the revolutionary wii controller as a virtual penis.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX
                              Maybe nitendo are going in a new adult direction are are gonna release a golden showers sim game (jpn only) useing the revolutionary wii controller as a virtual penis.

Comment

Dumbest name for a console ever without a doubt.

Comment

Working...
                                X