Nintendo Wii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
    Just Dance 2019 has gotta be the last Wii U game right, i cant see Axiom Verge actually coming out.
    IIRC the Wii had the largest number of sales of any system for JD2018.
    As long as that keeps happening they will keep making it.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
      Axion Verge is available here for WiiU, digitally anyway.
      Yeah the physical version is meant to be coming still, tho highly doubtfull.

Comment

Following on from the removal of the ability to add Nintendo Points to the Wii Shop Channel for purchases last March, it's worth remembering that Nintendo will be completely closing the channel at the end of the month, removing all online functions, the ability to make any purchases or downloads/re-downloads from the Channel whatsoever and the ability to system transfer Wii purchases to Wii U.

So you might want to make sure that you're all sorted (if you still care about Wii and/or Wii U at this point).

Comment

Just finished transferring all of my Wii Shop Channel purchases from my Wii to my Wii U and mother of Christ had I forgotten just how awful the Wii Shop Channel was to navigate - makes the Wii U eShop look modern and streamlined which is no mean feat considering how bad that is to get around!

Probably for the best that Nintendo are shutting it down after this Thursday but what a wasted opportunity to redefine retro gaming content delivery the Virtual Console was.

I'll have to reinstall The Homebrew Channel on the Virtual Wii mode of my Wii U as it didn't crossover in the system transfer and I'll need a way to be able to play my import Wii games without having to set the older console up but that shouldn't be too much hassle going on from what I have watched and read about it thus far.
          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 27-01-2019, 13:43.

Comment

2006 - 2019.

RIP.

Comment

NCL to stop providing after-sales customer service for the Wii in Japan at the end of March, with NoA and NoE likely to follow suit for their respective territories.

Comment

They were no bloody use when my original wii went wrong . Wanted more than the price of a replacement wii and wouldn’t replace virtual console games

Comment

Sent mine in for repairs twice for the same problem, they never reported details of what was actually wrong with it, what repairs they'd done, or indeed communicated in any way. I included a note for the second repair begging them to botch the repair again as Nintendo had a policy at the time that you automatically got a new console after two botched repairs. Annoyingly, they then did a proper job.
                  Last edited by Golgo; 28-01-2020, 08:51.

Comment

Working...
                  X