"I've Been Jipped!" - making up Live slang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boggy
    Also when you rag it round a corner in a racer, PGR2 for example, it's called "hoonin' it"
    ah yes, 'hooning' is classic... the definition i got of it is going very very fast, right on the edge of control. as in "you see that? i chuffin' hooned round that track like a madman"

Comment

Pro Evo, whenever someone gets completely "done", we'd call it getting "Tobed" (i.e. an abbreviation of the cockney slang of 'Toby Jug = Mug')

Example - "Ah, Shevvers tobed you proper then!"

Comment

Actually I do have something that fits on this thread, in driving games whenever we do a nice bit of drifting round a corner we call it "chicken grease". Comes from the days of MSR when we were trying to think of what to put in for custom text... we were listening to Prince's sign o' the times and the aforementioned phrase leapt out at us (from the line 'everybody in the east, everybody in the west, come to me tonight put on your... chicken grease git widdit!'). So drifting = chicken grease ever since.

Comment

Memories from Burnout Revenge: obviously, when you are hooning it past someone and doing far better than the, the button you are pressing to do this is the win button and, as such, you should yell "WIN BUTTON!" very loudly every time you do something good.

Comment

There was a few my friends and i used to use:

The Cooker - You must get those times when you are doing so well that your friends just can't compete, until they explode into a fit of rage that is, then they become 'the cooker'

Dancing Feet - This is primarily aimed at people who have no control over their goal keeper in football games, hence the goalie has 'dancing feet'.

One move king - This comes from the SF2 days but is still relevent today. It basically applies to anyone who uses the same move/tactic over and over again.

Game spaz - Not very policically correct but if you were having one of those nights where you just couldn't get it right at all you won the title of 'game spaz'.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleface
              Memories from Burnout Revenge: obviously, when you are hooning it past someone and doing far better than the, the button you are pressing to do this is the win button and, as such, you should yell "WIN BUTTON!" very loudly every time you do something good.
              i like this one

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD
                Cheese-Chasing - Waiting for someone else's fight to end, then chasing the weakened victor for an easy kill
                This reminds me of the related phenomenon of poaching. Poaching involves making your way to a gunfight, usually remaining out of sight, and popping the last fatal rounds into whomever was losing, his original pursuer having done all the work.

"You poached him! He was mine!"

Comment

Originally posted by the shape
                  This reminds me of the related phenomenon of poaching. Poaching involves making your way to a gunfight, usually remaining out of sight, and popping the last fatal rounds into whomever was losing, his original pursuer having done all the work.

"You poached him! He was mine!"
                  with my mates the 'cleanup' (usually both weakened characters) was accompanied by the classic simpsons 'yoink' sound effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Fastware
                    "Now I have a Machine Gun Ho Ho Ho" a quote from Die Hard that suits any situation where you pick up one of the best weapons usually gets a few laughs over live.
                    I use the same quote! Naturally you need a ludicrous Teutonic accent, and usually it happens when I manage to find a corpse in COD2 that has a machine gun to compliment my usual choice of a semi-automatic rifle.

I remember the misspent summer of 2003 on Return to Castle Wolfenstein when suddenly everyone knew about teabagging and did it to you as you died. Thankfully it's pretty much out of fashion now but I still do it when I kill someone annoying/better than me.

Comment

Originally posted by Crisp_Rapper
                      with my mates the 'cleanup' (usually both weakened characters) was accompanied by the classic simpsons 'yoink' sound effect.
                      KAAAWW KAWWW

KILL VULTURE!

was another one of mine

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris
                        We reguarly refer to being killed or beaten as being "munched"

This applies to the following situations

"I just munched X"
                        "I've been munched"
                        "I'm gonna munch you down"
                        "I'm about to get munched"
                        etc
                        Sounds familiar.......

On the olde halo 2 days you could often hear me screaming "RIGHT IN THE FACE", mostly to people i have got a cracker with a good snipe or plasma sword/grenade to the face.

Comment

Boris's ones are all **** really, the good one he did was the benny hill music when we we're stealing the flag on Halo 2.

Comment

****: Self explanatory aka KEN
                            Skank\Skanked: Usually in fighting games. Using High priority moves effectivley, or getting a win in a cheeky way...multiple uses tbh...see also DRY\DRYNESS and Skank Bastard.
                            USED!: Racing games, where you basically USE someone to bounce off them around a corner, messing them up and driving off on your merry way. (GT, PGR)
                            Jizz Mopper/Jizz Mopped: one of mates ones (Jakeway), when on Halo 2, he calls anyone who kills him right after he has just had a firefight with someone leaving him with no health or recovering...a Jizz Mopper. xD

...thats all I can remember for now.

Comment

Working...
                            X