Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I've Been Jipped!" - making up Live slang

Howdy y'all,

So, same situation that I usually have every month - time to write a piece about things that gamers do, which means I need input. This month, it's about the terminology you use over Xbox Live to put people down, berate or even celebrate their abilities; the stuff that you and your friends might have made up or lent different meanings to, but has now worked its way into your every-day vocabulary. Examples? We (that is, my friends and I) regularly refer to people getting 'bapped' at a game, declare people 'bottlers' if they run or yell 'Punished!' at someone when we destroy them. And I often get accused of being a 'Dirty Ken' if I happen to win at something cheaply. No, don't ask.

Anyway, have any of you got any examples? If you have, put them here - if I'm going to use what you say in the mag, I'll PM you for your name and location (I can't print forum names, as I can't credit the forum sadly). Explanations of meanings will be good but don't forget, I've only got limited space; if you go on for ages, it'll either get cut down or not used. And while it should be funny too (if possible), please try to keep the vulgarity down... it's a family show, after all.

Cheers

Mart

I can remember me and my mates playing Quake (1? 2?) on the old PS1.

Bear in mind we were only around 14 at the time, but we found it the funniest thing ever to call the BFG the 'snotting gun'. The reason being is that it shot out big green blobs everytime it charged up.

I can also remember around that time that the Dane bowers and posh Spice song 'bugging me' was being played on the radio all the time, so we replaced the 'buggin me' with snotting gun and sang it everytime we fragged each other.

I know it is a case of ' you had to be there' but we would get in hysterics all the time.

That may have been because of the underage drinking as well tho!

Comment

We reguarly refer to being killed or beaten as being "munched"

This applies to the following situations

"I just munched X"
      "I've been munched"
      "I'm gonna munch you down"
      "I'm about to get munched"
      etc

Also refering to a certain large nation's gamplaying children as "squeakers" on xbox live.

Comment

A favourite from back in the days of track n field and international t'n'f was a techinque I used which involved tensing lots of muscles. It soon became known as 'wank-neck' and lives on to this day.

In these days of singstar and guitar hero, topping the high-scores results in a loud and alan-partridge-esque 'Top of the Pops!'.

Comment

When i go to me mates to play his live, we do use a few throw away words to shout at the opposition, but they tend to go along the lines of -

"that kipper has jus nipped me"

We also use the word 'Munson' taken from a movie with woody haroldson which is quite hilarious. "Dont get munsoned!"

Almost after every kill my mate would always run up to my bent corpse and kneel and stand up 3 times. He calls it his sign of dominance. I personally think he's tryna tell me somthing about himself. Hmmmm.........

Another favorite of ours to use is 'Pat Butchered' which is only used when you kill someone with the butt of yah gun.

If someone came out at us Kamikazee and then retreated in a hurry when he had to reload or out of ammo, we'd call him a 'scooby' cos scooby doo was always the best at makin a quick exit.

Of course evertime we die in a battle we'd always blame the chief. For example, falling off a cliff would quickly be followed up by " chief.................." or " CHIEF!!!!!!" much to the same way that Campbell does to snake in MGS.

An oldey that i personally use is the word beeswax. Its either "that damn beeswax" or "bee - waxed, bitch!" guess you have to be in the moment.

Anyways, im sure the lingo will evolve with future games but its jus a laugh fest at how much drivel we churn out between us.

Comment

"Now I have a Machine Gun Ho Ho Ho" a quote from Die Hard that suits any situation where you pick up one of the best weapons usually gets a few laughs over live.

Comment

I have a couple, from back in the day with GoldenEye and a bit of Doom / Quake LAN deathmatch:

Cheese-Chasing - Waiting for someone else's fight to end, then chasing the weakened victor for an easy kill

Bilking - Running away from a fight or fragging yourself because you have low health, to rob your opponent of the extra point. You can thank my mate Robbo for this one, he used to work in a petrol station and that's apparently what they call it when customers drive off without paying.

Also, like the Machinegun ho-ho-ho, we used to have the Chain-gun Cha-Cha, which is the two-frame jig animation your character would do in Doom when being shredded with said weapon

Originally posted by 112
              Almost after every kill my mate would always run up to my bent corpse and kneel and stand up 3 times. He calls it his sign of dominance. I personally think he's tryna tell me somthing about himself. Hmmmm.........
              This is called tea-bagging apparently...

Comment

When you get the Karaoke knobs during a game, usually out of tune or fluctating voicebox still breaking in

'Shut up you Pube' - pre-pubescent

Comment

tea bagging? lol! how do you explain that lol?

Comment

Your testicle sack represents the teabag and you dip them in somones face = Teabagging

Comment

oh right............... O_o im not sure i wanted to know that now. lol

Comment

Sensible soccer on the snes. We found if you ran at the goal at a certain angle and waggled the dpad so it looked like your player was having a fit, then shot, it was a dead cert you were gonna score.

We nicknamed this "The Wonderer" and everytime you used the tactic you had to sing the song of the same name. (the internet tells me its by Of A Revolution).

Also, my CS clan used to use the word SPAFFED a lot when you died. "oops, just got spaffed by X dudes". Had never heard it before, but it gets used quite reguarly by me now.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerry Helmet
                          Your testicle sack represents the teabag and you dip them in somones face = Teabagging
                          Back in the late 90's (get me zimmer frame ready, me rose-tinted specs and my misty eyes mean I may bump into something forthwith ) a game developers website called the Filthy Truth had pictures of developers teabagging their studio director's fancy cars and the such. They had a whole gallery with dirty, hairy programmers' nutsacks resting on their Jez San or Martin Kenwright's TVR and Porches etc.

Comment

me and my brother always call badguys tango's, always say wasted him, or if its a racing overtake thats smoking someone.

Comment

Me and a few mates used to call a shotgun to the head "Bleem" purely humourous and stupidity

"wooo i just bleemed him up"

Also when you rag it round a corner in a racer, PGR2 for example, it's called "hoonin' it"

tea bagging is classic insult after injury!

Comment

Working...
                              X