No announcement yet.

New. Super Mario Bros DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gamers who?ve already finished the game will be able to access this secret Challenge Mode by hitting Start in the world map and pushing the following combination of buttons during the Start Menu:

L R L R X X Y Y

Challenge Mode puts a forced scroll on all the levels just like with the original Super Mario Bros. game. Players will no longer be able to backtrack, picking up coins and power-ups that were left behind.
    That sounds rubbish!!
    Last edited by AllYourBase; 04-07-2006, 14:23.

Comment

i have a USA copy and my friend a UK copy. we tried cart & cart multiplayer. it didnt work anyone else tried this? hate to think different region versions arent compatible. (1 cart multiplayer worked)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Fujisawa
        i have a USA copy and my friend a UK copy. we tried cart & cart multiplayer. it didnt work anyone else tried this? hate to think different region versions arent compatible. (1 cart multiplayer worked)
        Different regions aren't compatible in multi-card play. The only exceptions are those that are are WiFi Online games (MKDS, Animal Crossing, etc), as far as I know.

Comment

Enjoyed this all the way up until World 8, which is far too hard. I wouldn't mind so much, but it feels like it's hard for all the wrong reasons. Everything just seems a little random. Anyone else think this, or am I on my own.

Comment

Originally posted by dragz
            Anyone else think this, or am I on my own.
            There's nothing really hard about any of this game. You need to get some more practice in sunshine!

Comment

Originally posted by dragz
              Enjoyed this all the way up until World 8, which is far too hard. I wouldn't mind so much, but it feels like it's hard for all the wrong reasons. Everything just seems a little random. Anyone else think this, or am I on my own.
              Erm..... you`re probably not the only one to find it hard as everyone is different but, NSMB is just your typical Mario. I found completing the game extemely easy, but as with most Mario games finding the hidden goodies is where you should be finding any kind of difficulty.

I completed the game and managed to find all the hidden gubbins in about 3 days, although I did batter it from day one. I found it too easy but extremely fun none the less, although one playthrough and finding all the coins was enough for me so I don`t play it anymore. I really liked this game though.

Comment

Just a quick question about this as I've been making my way through it recently - anybody know how to open up World 7?

Comment

Defeat the boss at the end of level 5 castle as Mini Mario.

Comment

I enjoyed New Super Mario Bros., esp. seeing some of the features which were the same to the first one; however I didn’t feel the same love to it…
                    I found it incredibly easy to not only complete the game but get all the coins as well.

The multiplayer is cool but I feel the single player game should have been a lot harder, I feel like its been made for a mainstream audience but not the hardcore audience (shame there wasnt a hardcore mode ).

I just want a Super Mario Bros 3 – 2 now please Nintendo!

Comment

Finally, at long long last I have three starred this game! Bit miffed that after all that effort all I got was the 3 stars at the select screen. Well, I guess it's accolade enough. Showed it to my girlfriend and she wondered what all the fuss was about.

Comment

Originally posted by vocoderfreak View Post
                        Finally, at long long last I have three starred this game! Bit miffed that after all that effort all I got was the 3 stars at the select screen. Well, I guess it's accolade enough. Showed it to my girlfriend and she wondered what all the fuss was about.
                        You still have a girlfriend?

Comment

I gave up on this one in the end, I didn't like the way Mario controlled. He played like he was in Mario64, far too slow and not accurate enough. I just found the things I couldn't do frustrating rather than a challenge. Shame, cos I wanted to like it.

Comment

Fourteen year thread bounce!

Today is the 15th Anniversary of the original NSMB. It was actually released first in North America on May 15th, 2006.

A significant chapter in the history of Mario as it was the first original 2D Mario platformer to appear on a Nintendo system for fourteen years (1992's Super Mario Land 2 on the GB was the previous original game before it). 30 million copies were sold globally and sequels inevitably followed: New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii), New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS) and New Super Mario Bros. U (WiiU) - the latter of which got the DLC/expansion game New Super Luigi U, with the port New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe (Switch) combining both into one package for the current flagship Nintendo hardware.

It has to be said that, as successful as it has been, and despite the obvious hallmark Nintendo quality platformer gameplay being present in each entry since the DS original, the NSMB series has ushered in a soulless, bland and identikit style of 2D Mario that is aesthetically and sonically devoid of the charm and charisma that the classic 8 and 16-bit SMB games had in abundance.

Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 15-05-2021, 22:01.

Comment

Interesting point on the bland visual style. It's interesting how 3D graphics have to try hard to be interesting. The process of creating 2D results in something that's visually appealing by default.

Comment

Working...
                              X