No announcement yet.

New. Super Mario Bros DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same ... just look at Psychonauts. I'd rather have short and sweet than some annoying 50+ hour sprawling epic that I'll never finish or warm to and leave rotting on the shelf.

Short games are where it's at for me. I actually get a sense of accomplishment from finishing them and think "wow, I'd love another one like that" - if I ever finish a ridiculously long game all I can say by the end is "that was a bit long... thank hell that's over".

Comment

Mario games have never been "some annoying 50+ hour sprawling epic". Let's compare like with like here. Even without any secrets or extras, SMW and SMB3 really delivered a meaty game experience. I don't know yet if this does, but I'll be disappointed if it doesn't.

Comment

Yeah, I was talking about long games in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang
          Even without any secrets or extras, SMW and SMB3 really delivered a meaty game experience. I don't know yet if this does, but I'll be disappointed if it doesn't.
          I think you may feel slightly disappointed.. it's not like the gaming experience of SMW, although it's close to SMB3. I would say it is pretty much original NES Super Mario Bros gameplay with some new tricks added and a SMB3 style map/multiple routes with additional exits/objectives to perform to open up those routes.

But it's still early days and I haven't found many of the secrets yet so maybe we will discover there is a bit more depth to it. It's enjoyable regardless but I have a feeling that some people will not be satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by craptest
            Well obviously that depends on the gamer to a certain extent. Give it a few weeks and there's sure to be 5 minute speed runs :P

If game length is a big issue for you then I'd say its pretty obvious this title doesnt have your name on it. Personally I rarely finish games these days anyway so a short Mario Bros doesnt phase me.

The best games always seem too short.
            Lenght doesnt bother me tbh, im already waiting for the game. Was just asking as a general question

Comment

The orginal Super Mario Bros can be beaten in a ridiculously short amount of time. As long as this is loaded with secrets (as it apparently is) then I'll be happy.

Should be delivered tomorrow. Should be good, I've been waiting for this sequel for 10 years!

Comment

basically, i'm on world 8 (not played it since mon night) but i managed to get all the way to that point in under 2 hours...the levels are far too easy if you ask me and the boss fights are easy too. the game has'nt thrown up any challenges tbh but i reakon finding all the levels and gold coins could be tricky. we'll see

still, i like the game a great deal and i like all the stuff they've added too it...i'd just prefer it to be alot harder. i find that all nintendo games are a piece of piss to complete these days.

Comment

you can fly through this game if you want, but you wont want to, its that enjoyable. However even finding everything shouldnt take too long.

Has any one found out how to get to the cannons that take you to world 4 and 7? Think they are in the ghost houses in worlds 3 and 5, but ive no idea how to get to them??

Comment

Originally posted by simoran1
                    Has any one found out how to get to the cannons that take you to world 4 and 7? Think they are in the ghost houses in worlds 3 and 5, but ive no idea how to get to them??

mini mario is the key!

Last edited by MartyG; 18-05-2006, 06:22.

Comment

"The real challenge, as I mentioned before, is finding every secret path and item that the game has to offer. You may plow through the game in a few hours, but you'll spend weeks (and maybe months) truly solving it."

From one review on the net.

Comment

Originally posted by bootmonster

mini mario is the key!

is it in the ghost house on world 3?

Last edited by MartyG; 18-05-2006, 06:22.

Comment

Originally posted by gamelife
                          basically, i'm on world 8 (not played it since mon night) but i managed to get all the way to that point in under 2 hours..
                          Conversely, I'm on World 2 and have been playing for around 1? hours.

Comment

Am I right in thinking there are no flying type power-ups like cape or racoon suit?

Any other cool power-ups aparts from Fire and Big mazza?

Looking forward to this

Comment

ive found most of the cannons - its not that hard. the secrets in this game are too easy to find unlike mario world on the SNES

Comment

Haha, flipping fantastic, got it this morning, just taking a break now.

It is Mario, no doubt about it, and it looks like mario and it plays like Mario, this is how i feel anyway.

Read somewhere that the controls aren't quite right, not sure about this it seems perfect to me, i haven't completed it, i'm not going to rush it, but i feel if you were to get to the end in just 2 hours you'd be playing this game like sonic, sonic and mario are different, remember!

Thumbs up, big thumbs up

(mini games are multiplayer too if you didn't know)

Comment

Working...
                                X