No announcement yet.

New. Super Mario Bros DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick question chaps - I replayed the 1st tower on world one as a means of saving all the extra stuff I'd been mucking around with - however, no save option came up when I completed it for the second time. Can this be true? Can you only save at new towers/castles?

Comment

First run you can only save automatically at castles, or if you use 5 star coins to unlock one of the paths it will give you the option to save also. It's not ideal if you only want to do one or two levels at a time or go back and pick up extras.. it's almost like they want you to beat the game quickly the first time through

After you complete it once you get a save option in the start menu.

Comment

Cheers matey - castles, here I come then.

Comment

Got mine this morning, been playing it since 9am and i've only just done the first level on world 2.

If you want all those big coins and cannons you're gonna be spending alot longer than 2 hours on it :P

Awesome game, really nostalgic and yet fresh!

Comment

I dunno bout that, without trying I got all the big coins for half the first world! It does seem very easy in places, but it's great fun and the mini-games (although some are just from Mario 64 DS aren't they?) are a nice add-on.

Love the visuals and the retro feel, with the new kinda "super" element it feels great.

It's not gonna set the world on fire but it's great fun and so far I like it a lot, my only concern is that I find it very very easy.

Comment

Originally posted by r3z
              First run you can only save automatically at castles, or if you use 5 star coins to unlock one of the paths it will give you the option to save also. It's not ideal if you only want to do one or two levels at a time or go back and pick up extras.. it's almost like they want you to beat the game quickly the first time through

After you complete it once you get a save option in the start menu.
              Forgot to mention that as my only annoyance. You can't really have a quick blast on this game because you can't save after any level, ONLY castles and the bits you "open up" using 5 coins.

Nothing major but it's a bit annoying, I want to savour the game but it does make me play more levels at a time than I want.

That said, when you shut the DS into sleep mode, it says "Byebye" and when you open up it says "It'sa me Mario" which is very cool and even made my wife laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus
                That said, when you shut the DS into sleep mode, it says "Byebye" and when you open up it says "It'sa me Mario" which is very cool and even made my wife laugh.

I liked that too. I got home from work last night with the game half way through and the DS closed. My housemate didn't know I had the game so I sat down in the living room, opened the DS to the sound of "It's a me, Mario!", which was quicly followed by "You bastard!" from my housemate.

Comment

I think i'm just a bit **** then it takes me a few goes to get the right powerup to get into those hard to reach places.

Finally found the cannon on world 1, cant see how that was a stand out for most people, it took me by surprise!

I went to make a coffee and I closed my Lite up and laughed, strange how the little things like that make the package that much sweeter.

Comment

how do you get to the cannon mate, ive been running for aaaaages with no avail.

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki
                      how do you get to the cannon mate, ive been running for aaaaages with no avail.

you need a blue shell and to goto the correct room in the first tower

Comment

thanks

Comment

I got it this morning and have really been enjoying it so far. I want to go and play it now but i've already been shouted at by my girlfriend for playing it and not empying to loft.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeF

you need a blue shell and to goto the correct room in the first tower

I still can't get to the first cannon.

I equipped a blue shell and went to the tower but couldn't figure out where or how I was meant to use the shell.

Comment

anyone know where I can get a blue shell easily in the first world?

Comment

Originally posted by Vince
                                I got it this morning and have really been enjoying it so far. I want to go and play it now but i've already been shouted at by my girlfriend for playing it and not empying to loft.
                                Take it up there man and be "busy"

Comment

Working...
                                X