• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mekanor View Post
    why is everyone replaying half life?
    Graphics upgrades and achivements

Comment

at this point somebody could post a camera phone pic of a piece of toast with burns roughly in the shape of a λ and I'd go nuts with hype.

edit: I'm honestly not sure how Valve manages this
      Last edited by Tig; 05-06-2010, 15:02.

Comment

Oh man, that picture is the ultimate tease.

Comment

RockPaperShotgun says that one's fake too.

Has the original Half-Life been upgraded on Steam, then? I don't actually have it on digital. Haven't played it in years...

Comment

Originally posted by Eight Rooks View Post

Has the original Half-Life been upgraded on Steam, then? I don't actually have it on digital. Haven't played it in years...
            I haven't tried it out yet but when I turned on Steam yesterday I got messages saying Episode 1 and episode 2 has finished downloading so there must have been some kind of update.

Comment

Originally posted by Eight Rooks View Post

You can put your original half-life cd-keys on steam to add it to your account. As for an upgrade, do you mean visually? HL-Source is on there but all the textures are the same just using the source engine..

Comment

Originally posted by mekanor View Post
                why is everyone replaying half life?
                I've never played it before (HL2), until now!

Comment

I meant the same graphical upgrade as 2 and the episodes. People are confusing me by saying Half-Life to refer to Half-Life 2.

Sadly I no longer have my CD either. That was quite a while ago. I've never managed to keep any videogames quite that long.

Comment

People were making a mod called Black-Mesa which was HL1 with all the graphics and textures from HL2.

Black Mesa is a re-envisioning video game of the classic science fiction first person shooter, Half-Life.

Haven't heard anything in awhile though.

Comment

Isn't Half-Life: Source the same?

Comment

Half-Life: Source is a direct port of the original Half-Life game to Half-Life 2’s Source engine, introducing graphics and AI improvements as well as some subtle level changes. It is available on Steam as part of three packs: Half-Life Complete, Valve Complete Pack and Half-Life 1: Source, the latter also includes Half-Life Deathmatch: Source. As opposed to an actual remake of the game, it is simply a direct copy of the game's contents. Almost all of the same assets are used, and most of the dif

Nope, that link explains it better than i could. Black Mesa Source, is a remake from the ground up.

Comment

Half Life Source is the original game, graphics and stuff but all coded inside the source engine.

In other words, things fall over better.

Comment

This thread only makes me wonder why people blindly belive that Valve have some magical property while they consistently take a dogs year to throw out new episodes on an heaving and shonky old engine.

I was really hoping new engine and proper new game, not passing off Halflife episodes as the third chapter. At the end of the day these where meant to be the bits they cut and rebuilt from the main Halflife 2 storyline.

Comment

Originally posted by FelixofMars View Post
                              I was really hoping new engine and proper new game
                              That's what it could be, no one knows yet.

Ideally I'd like HL2:Ep3 AND HL3.

Comment

Quake 1 engine FTW

Comment

Working...
                                X