Dead Rising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead Rising

Right, first up mega impressive graphics.

Demo has a nice short intro where you meet a girl (you can even see the gloss on her lipstick!)

Game then starts, in the main shopping arcade. I have played for about tem minutes and am enjoying it. Loads of blood and zillions of zombies who are agressive.

Movement, weapons seem OK so far, and it looks like this will be fun.

Will post more after lunch.

MODS, move if neccs

Top fun stuff.

Graphically the cutscenes seem to take the Shenmue approach, hugely detailed faces, sacrificing detail in the rest of the body.... this is based on the idea that you notice the detail more on the face, and it pays off. Looks a bit cacky when the camera pans to the legs, but still looks impressive overall.

I'll be honest, wasn't really looking forward to this game.... mindless killers ain't my thing... but this is just so much fun it's insane. The sheer amount you can do... see an items, there's a good chance you can pick it up... and the way each and every thing works in a totally unique manner.... I just spent most of the demo seeing what everything does.

Intrigued by the camera feature... they have ratings much like Pokemon Snap - anyone know what these are for in the retail game?

Comment

What's the movement like?
      Resi style?

Damn I wish I was at home right now.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie2k
        What's the movement like?
        Resi style?

Damn I wish I was at home right now.
        Not like Resi at all, standard third-person action fair... but it feels very nice to play. Never felt like I was fighting with the controller like I usually do, anyway.

Camera is decent, knows where to be, though you can change it of course.
        Camera is not fixed behind the character, which is a good thing here.

Comment

just to add, you can invert both the x and y axis of the camera. Top stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33

Intrigued by the camera feature... they have ratings much like Pokemon Snap - anyone know what these are for in the retail game?
            I seen one video where after taking a shot he got a certain achievement so they must be for that too. And hopefully you can save some photos and transfer them to your PC now just like PGR3. Which I havent done yet come to think of it!

Surprised to see this up so early, great work by Capcom there. And I'm in there before the mad rush so hopefully I should have it downloaded soon.

Is the demo timed then or what? Is the area quite small in the demo you get to play with? Is it set missions you are given to do or just running about doing what you want?

Comment

It's a set part of the Mall, and its limited to 15 minutes.

Comment

Its a 15 min timed demo.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco
                  I seen one video where after taking a shot he got a certain achievement so they must be for that too. And hopefully you can save some photos and transfer them to your PC now just like PGR3. Which I havent done yet come to think of it!

Surprised to see this up so early, great work by Capcom there. And I'm in there before the mad rush so hopefully I should have it downloaded soon.

Is the demo timed then or what? Is the area quite small in the demo you get to play with? Is it set missions you are given to do or just running about doing what you want?
                  I think I got a good 15 minutes of play out of it, though I'm not sure if I triggered a cutscene and didn't realise.

If you leave the shopping mall, it shows a cutscene to tease you before ending.

Comment

Is it on UK marketplace?

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
                      Is it on UK marketplace?
                      Yep.

So the US release is region protected, and UK release not till September?

Comment

You can play as many 15 minute games as you want right? or is it 15 mins and that's your lot?

Comment

As many 15 minutes as you like... im on my 4th go now

I hope this has some sort of co-op mode, playing this after a few beers should be a damn good laugh!

Comment

You won't see it all in 15 minutes, you'll be playing it a good few more times. Then a few more to have a bit of fun once you've done exploring.

Interesting. Grabbed the hunk of meat (that's actually an arm), stuck in zombies mouth, took photo, 108 points!

Comment

Originally posted by Indy @ S.E.
                              As many 15 minutes as you like... im on my 4th go now

I hope this has some sort of co-op mode, playing this after a few beers should be a damn good laugh!
                              I don't think it has any co-op, the sheer amount of enemies on screen at once would be to much positional data to send through the net at once. Most peoples connections would just die

Comment

Working...
                              X