A Glimpse Back At The Face Of Ridge Racer
    http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3153582

Friday
    Ridge Racer 7 Interview + First Gameplay Videos
    RR7 Team Speaks Plus See The Game in Motion
    http://www.1up.com/do/minisite?cId=3153511

Gameplay Video:
    http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/6051
    Last edited by $h@d0w; 15-09-2006, 17:48.

Meh untill I see some stunning fotage im sticking with RR6

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike
      But you aren't a member of the Sony Defence Force. So you don't have to worry.

Come one dude, its a new console by Sony, it's Ridge, it's bound to be cool!

I'll be sticking with RR6 for a while too, but I'm still eager to see what RR7 looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike
        Indeed. Certainly looks to be the dullest Ridge so far in my opinion. Also, I think we've been spoilt by the graphics of the 360, because Ive been completely underwhelmed by the screenshots thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by dave heats
          Indeed. Certainly looks to be the dullest Ridge so far in my opinion. Also, I think we've been spoilt by the graphics of the 360, because Ive been completely underwhelmed by the screenshots thus far.
          It looks okay. It just doesn't look like a Ridge Racer game.

And yes it's dull as hell. I certainly hope this course is a one-off and not indicative of the whole game. Where's all the colour and razzmatazz?

Comment

colour and razzmatazz? just you wait... thanks to the massive power of the PS3, soon we will be drenched in eye-boggling effects such as these:

i for one can't wait for our new ROFL overlords.

Comment

jesus wept..

Comment

jesus wept..
                With new HDR effect Jeasus wept like never before

Comment

So no comments about the new slipstream gameplay mechanic or online features?

ft:

Comment

I hope online isn't laggeh.

What are the online features? Leaderboards, world rankings, tournaments, downloadable content (at extra cost), matchmaking, etc...

Slipstream? What's that? Have they changed the brake button meaning this is now totally new driftz!!?

Ridge Racer 7 will be set in 2010 and feature over 200 cars and the possibility for 16 car multiplayer.
                    Yes! 2010!!
                    Last edited by dataDave; 12-09-2006, 12:16.

Comment

I think the latest screens (or at least the last I saw on IGN http://uk.media.ps3.ign.com/media/82...49/imgs_1.html) look beautiful, if like Kubrick says, not very Ridge.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
                        I hope online isn't laggeh.

What are the online features? Leaderboards, world rankings, tournaments, downloadable content (at extra cost), matchmaking, etc...

Slipstream? What's that? Have they changed the brake button meaning this is now totally new driftz!!?

Yes! 2010!!
                        There's too much to list, check out the Monday preview article.

Comment

Sounds like Ridge Racer V all over again.

"oh noes, it's not different enuff!!!11!!! I want n3xt g3n LOLz"

3 years later:

"Oh, this game is a bit good isn't it."

I honestly don't care if it is more of the same as I love the Ridge formula. Ridge Racers and Ridge Racer 6 were all "more of the same" (albiet with a tacked on boost feature which I barely used) and I enjoyed them immensely for what they were.

I agree these shots, whilst technically impressive, are a little lacking in the colour department, as long as it plays well I don't care that much (in my opinion, Rage, Type 4 or 6 weren't exactly bursting with colour either).

That being said, if Namco were to look at Ridge Racer Revolution and have some inspiration from that, I'd be very happy indeed

Namco (before their graphics software lost primary colours):

Comment

Originally posted by C'
                            Sounds like Ridge Racer V all over again.

"oh noes, it's not different enuff!!!11!!! I want n3xt g3n LOLz"

3 years later:

"Oh, this game is a bit good isn't it."

I honestly don't care if it is more of the same as I love the Ridge formula. Ridge Racers and Ridge Racer 6 were all "more of the same" (albiet with a tacked on boost feature which I barely used) and I enjoyed them immensely for what they were.
                            Excatly, dident NTSC-UK do a retrospective of Ridge V and then everyone decided it was alright?

I'm supprised there is a lack of love of Ridge 7 on here but it's their loss.

Next on PS3 hopefully is Wipeout 4. It's 1995 again and I love it.

Comment

We decided it was ace from the off. Retrospective. pfft

edit: just reread what you wrote - it must be someone else that changed everyone's minds.

Comment

Working...
                              X