US Wii: Preorder Details Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some questions about importing one.

1. is the psu external so I could just buy a UK psu like I did for the Cube?

2. region coding on games? Any announcements? Ideally, I'd like a Wii that could handle both NTSC-U and NTSC-J.

(In a perfect world - it could handle U & J Cube games as well - but I doubt that will happen).
    Last edited by Mr Ono; 16-09-2006, 13:58.

Comment

1. No idea yet, but probably given how small the Wii is. (arf arf)

2. Nintendo of America say the games will be region locked on a title by title basis and first party games won't be. Nintendo of Europe say otherwise.

Comment

1. Yes, external.

2. Conclicting reports, Ninty America say it's optional region free, 360-style... NoE then made an announcement after saying it was region locked. But Ninty America has not retracted previous statement, and GameSpot has reported the NoA one... bah.

Comment

Cheers guys. I will defo need to import on the basis that I've got about 120 NTSC Cube games

Comment

Want to bet the first party games really ARE region free and Nintendo of Europe are blowing hot hair with their anti-import BS?

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris
              Want to bet the first party games really ARE region free and Nintendo of Europe are blowing hot hair with their anti-import BS?
              Yup. Either that or PAL Wii's aren't region free due to 50hz/60hz guff.

Comment

The Wii section is empty right now, set it as my homepage though

Comment

Originally posted by Sidney at VG+
                  As for a response to someones question on the board. We will probably make the time accessable to our UK customers as we understand there is a time Difference. Probably around the 8-10pm UK timerange (4-5pm here). So People should be able to be at home and on thier computers to go crazy :P
                  --

Comment

I got an email from VG+ saying they expect to have wii stuff up Early next week so i'm betting monday 8pm uk time is the time to be on

Comment

Blimey... I set off for my night shift at 8:20pm Sunday-Thursday... I pray to god it's 8pm exact!

Comment

Hello Ben, Not sure about bundles we are thinking about that now. As for Accessories yes we will be adding them and selling them day one.

thanks,

Sidney
                        Customer Service Representative
                        VIDEOGAMESPLUS.CA
                        wonder how much they'll sell em for

Comment

Wii + Component + Zelda seems a no-brainer to me.

Comment

Is there a list of release games yet, i am gonna be spending a small fortune lol

Comment

http://www.videogamesplus.ca/default.php?cPath=475_476

My new homepage!! ^

Comment

Thats pretty decent of Sidney to check out this thread and answer questions. Good news that they'll let us know before putting the pre-orders up so we dont miss it. An actual time would be great, hopefully before Thursday as I'm working 6-9pm Thursday night and would not want to miss it and be too late!

I was in work today explaining the situation to 'the guys' and I was gettig a bit carried away and started jumping around pretending to be holding a Wiimote, smashing up enemies in Zelda. They just looked in sad amusement at me!

I just need the pre-order, then I can rest easy.

Comment

Working...
                                X