No announcement yet.

BCNM40 - Steamed Sprouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talizker?s playtimes means day attempts are unlikely, and the run from start to finish is likely to take at least 2-3 hours (not including prep time) as there is a massive pause inbetween runs (due to the long journey to get back to Balgais Dais from West Sarutabaruta. This means we have to be doing this around 9pm start to avoid going into stupidly early times. This Sunday is unfortunately out of the question for me as I cannot be on late.

Perhaps the best option is to spread the runs over 2 evenings. 3 on one evening next week, then 3 the next?

Strategy for the battle for those not done it before:

7 monsters in the battlefield.

1 Dvorovoi ? a black mandragora. Has the usual Mandragora TP attacks along with Blindga, Paralyzega and Flood

7 Domovoi ? standard white type mandragora. Limited to standard Mandragora TP attacks.

All members will enter, buff, and gather at the top of the ramp at the edge of the main arena. When ready the BRD will commence the battle by casting Foe Lullaby on the Dvorovoi, sleeping it. This will cause the 7 Domovoi will then aggro the BRD and he will gather them on the ramp and sleep them with Horde Lullaby.

The RDM will stay with the BRD and is responsible for curing the BRD as he keeps the horde of mobs slept.

The 4 remaining jobs (in our case NIN, RNG, WHM and THF) will enter the main arena and engage the Dvorovoi. The WHM must stay on the edge of casting range at all times as the Mandragora can use AOE sleep which could be fatal. Flood will not be a massive concern as Utsusemi will absorb the damage. Blindga and paralyzega will remove all shadows and inflict the status effect. It is most important that Paralyna is used immediately on the NIN.

After killing the Dvorovoi, the tank will then choose a Domovoi to kill next, get hate and wake it and pull it back to the centre of the arena to kill. This is then repeated until all mobs are dead. Usually a Provoke is enough to get hate on the first 3 or 4 pulls but as the BRD has used multiple Horde Lullaby, his hate will be higher. However a combination of Provoke and a weapon skill is usually enough.

Never done with a THF before. A potential option is for when first engaging the Dvorovoi when it is slept, the NIN will stand behind it when slept then the THF use SATA. Similarly, SATA onto NIN could be used when pulling each Domovoi. However this would have to be done incredibly quickly.

In terms of food, nothing beyond standard EXP food for lvl40 is required. So I presume Pies/drinks for ages and meat/sushi for DD.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
      Too bad there isn't a lvl40 cap practice area where I can see which macros aren't going to work. ;p
      One of the Fei'Yin areas is capped at lvl40. You could go there to test macros if you are unsure.

Comment

That sounds really easy. I shouldn't need to change my macros or anything, apart from adding cureI back on there. It won't even need erase, just Paralyna + Blindna. Just need to keep track of the casting range, I reckon all melee apart from THF stands in-between myself and the mob, minimising the potential for me to ZZZzzz...

It's all easy stuff anyway - could be doing with fighting in Yhoator again just to practice that sleep range. I'll just stand as far back as I can until it says my allied targets are out of range for cureI and then move in slightly.
        Last edited by dataDave; 13-10-2006, 15:14.

Comment

I just need 1 more BS and to sort a few bits of equipment. Will get that sorted tonight then will be good to go when Vani is ready.

Comment

Can ppl please let me know when this BCNM is starting? I'm fully prepared and can be ready in seconds. I just need to buy my orb.

Currently far too busy button-mashing on PSU until the beta runs out on Wednesday.

dataDave on XBL or 07768 334257 on the phone. Cheers.

Comment

Guess we can go when everyone who wants to take part has 40 seals. Apart from Tal, how is everyone else?

Comment

I've got almost 200, so I'm ready anytime.

Comment

XBL is down until 8pm on the 18th. That's really, really poor.

A truly unexcusable amount of downtime.

Comment

i can come if there are any openings lol

Comment

I have the 40 seals now so just need to grab my gear from mule. Vani ~ have you got an evening in mind?

Comment

Is Daragon still interested in this? He hasn't responded.

If not, then Kerushi could take his place providing you have 40 seals and lvl40 cap gear.

Let me know
                        Last edited by C'; 17-10-2006, 15:37.

Comment

No specific evening in mind Tal.

The only ones that might be a problem in the next couple of weeks are the evening of the 27th, and 31st, as I work late those nights, and don't get home until about 2030.

Aside from those, any time is cool with me.

Comment

I'm OK after tonight.

This weekend?

Comment

I?ve PMed Wedge to find out if he is still interested and has seals sorted.

It won?t be this weekend though as Van is working during the day on Saturday and Sunday and I am travelling up to Scotland early on Sunday morning so will not be online on Saturday evening. Perhaps we could aim for Tuesday evening next week?

Comment

I have 32 seals, so it doesn't look like I can contribute an orb.

I am up for helping and letting you all keep the drops/gil, but as I know having someone without an orb does reduce the total amount gained I dont mind stepping aside.

Either way let me know what you think.

Comment

Working...
                                X