Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Operation Desert Swarm - KSNM30 - Do you need it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it provided a good learning experience. I read somewhere that the AoE attacks can wake the other sleeping scorps up and I think thats what might have happened part of the way through on the last run. The first two were due to Dara dieing. I spoke to those who did the ODS with midgard last night and they did fight the scorps 1 by 1 but they also said that the scorps were down by the end of the fight.

As far as their set up i could see that there was 2 blms, 2 wars, a drg and a pld unless explodingmonkey was a rng.

The last run was won by the skin of our teeth thanks to Bevan.

Was fun though ^^

Comment

yeah sucked big time, During the first run thou the scorps were no where near each other and they still work about about 30-40 seconds ><

Comment

I think he's right there, that's why you move the ones you're fighting clear. On our run one is taken to the entrance and the other fought on the ramp, the mages go to the back of the arena.

All Melee sub /NIN to negate AoE though PLD can skip it and just heal themselves.

At start mages buff and put up stoneskin etc and then ES Sleepga from the RDM, after about 30 seconds the BLM over writes with ES + Sleepga 2. By the time this wears at least one scorpion and maybe 2 should be down.

For melee grab 2 scoprions and drag one 2 the entrance and one to the otp of the ramp immeadiately after the sleepga. Put the 2 heaviest DD on one to get it down as fast as possible.

When they wake the mage without hate sleeps the scorps asap and the healer keeps them up till the scoprs are asleep. The melee should require 0 healing until you engage the last 2 scorpions (/NIN and PLDs are key for this one).

Thats about it, kill them get drops wash rinse repeat.

Comment

Previous method we've used (back when we did a fair few ODS runs with Meric and Saerik) has proven flawless and we haven't lost yet.

Seteup was:

2 NIN
          1 WHM
          1 RDM
          1 WAR
          1 RNG

(i'd imagine the WAR and RNG can be any DD and NIN could possibly be subbed for WAR/nin but not sure).

RDM starts with an elemental seal + Sleepga and each NIN claims a different scorpion and pulls it back down the tunnel.

Each NIN pairs off with a DD to battle a scorpion. The scorpions don't have great accuracy and can be evasion tanked very easily with rudimentary NIN gear (an O.Hat, Evasion Torque, Scorp Harness and a few bits of Arhats/rasetsu gear). The only real damage from the scorps comes from Earth Pounder as it's an AOE attack that removes all shadows and damages the NIN but Wild Rage is AOE that can be blinked.

RDM is responsible for kiting/sleeping the 4 remaining scorpions which they are more than capable of doing with a combination of stoneskin, phalanx and, most importantly, gravity. WHM watches over to ensure things are smooth.

The first 2 scorpions take around a minute to kill and upon killing their scorp, each NIN goes in to claim another and repeat. This leaves the RDM with 2 remaining scorpions and you are home and dry by this point.

Comment

gravity! no need for gravity! put a galka on the scorps back ... thats enough to slow anyone down!

Comment

Working...
            X