No announcement yet.

Red Dwarf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where an how much , can i get the complete set on dvd ?

Comment

£40 but probably cheaper if you look around. Its only the shows, doesn't have any extras. But it comes in a nice big photobook type album. I picked one up myself the other week. been watching it since i got it.

Comment

oh please tell me somebody can upload them to the internet???? I so want to watch them and had to not read anybodys posts.

EDIT: Nevermind found Back To Earth part 1 and 2. But not the doco things.
        Last edited by Cuber001; 13-04-2009, 00:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post
          I've been around since the first episodes were aired and have grown up with the series and the past two episodes have been brilliant.

It's great to see the guys back together and they riff off each other easily. The idea is sound, the back story and lore of Red Dwarf itself is expanded upon (I've never considered the ide of the water tanks on the ship) and I've laughed so many times.

Brilliant show and I'm so happy it's been brilliant so far. With the current quality I'm really considering what a new series could be like.
          I also enjoyed the new episodes. It was great to see the cast back together, looking great and performing well. It was all a bit rushed and definitely not as brilliant as the best episodes, but.. it was still one of the most fun things I've seen on TV for a long time.

People should accept these episodes for what they are - see the potential, and urge the creators to commit to a proper new season. I think with the right backing, a new season could be really good.

Comment

aww man, i just watched parts 1 and 2 and didnt realise there is 3 parts! That sucks lol. I was enjoying it so much. Does anybody know when part 3 is going to be aired?

Also love how they explain why kachanski is gone and everything, and maybe i missed it, but have they said how Rimmer survived series 8? Thats the one question i need answered.

All in all its great to have them back and they dont look like they have aged that much either. Fantastic. Love it!

EDIT: Nevermind, found it. Thanks google
            Last edited by Cuber001; 13-04-2009, 04:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
              I feel quite low as well but yes, I'd like a new series with Hatty Hayridge back as Holly, and the series being subtitled (as such) "The search for Kochanski" and for the show to finally end with them being together, and the rest of the crew getting a bit of happiness, then...just leave it be, for once, as a Dwarf fan to have some closure on it.
              Have you read the books at all? That's pretty much what happens in Last Human.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddo View Post
                Have you read the books at all? That's pretty much what happens in Last Human.
                A long time ago yeah, but I'd still like to see it.

Comment

True, me too, I've pretty much given up at this point though

Comment

I've just watched episode3. All three episodes could have been a 1hour special with the tag: "Do you want a new season?" ...

I'm eager for a new proper season . After episode3, it seems like it will happen if the response is positive.

The only problem is that a lot of people are moaning about the episodes not being great. That is a shame, because they weren't bad at all. Just a way for DAVE to stir interest in the show again.

I think all Red Dwarf fans should vote for a new season.

Comment

I honestly wouldn't want a new season unless they're of higher calibur, I'm afraid.

Comment

With the exception of a few jokes I really wasn't impressed with the first episode though it was nice to see the characters again.

I pretty much saw the second and third episode together and enjoyed these two much more. I've never watched League of Gentlemen and had no idea of how well they did the whole 4th wall thing but I thought this was done pretty well. Especially loved the zooming in scene. Remember thinking that the writers were a little over confident on how much people would care about the return of Red Dwarf but it paid off in the end. And it's not as if Red Dwarf hasn't rehashed old ideas in the past. The one thing the show did lack though was Holly. Don't really care that they didn't have a laughter track and didn't notice its absence until reading this thread.

I for one am glad they left it open at the end and hope further shows can be made as a result.

Comment

i actually quite enjoyed it....few things made me Lol ....did bug me they just continued like the last series never exisited though

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                            i actually quite enjoyed it....few things made me Lol ....did bug me they just continued like the last series never exisited though
                            Probably for the best. I also thoroughly enjoyed it, hope it does the numbers they are hoping for to produce a proper series.

Comment

ahh personally i think they should just do another special and end it properly

as much as i did like it did not compare to what had Gone before...if rob grant would come back so they could write as duo then i might be in favour of another series

Comment

I was sitting around last night and watched it again[the repeats] and even though.. I've now watched the three episodes twice in a few days, I could watch them again tomorrow, because they are really fun.

I don't get the negative response from a lot of people. All three episodes were simply a taster of what could be. An enjoyable appetiser to a main course.

There is no doubt in my mind that a proper new series, with carefully constructed episodes, could be excellent.

I'm hoping that the overall response is positive. It's really sad that a lot of grumpy people have slated it.

Comment

Working...
                                X