No announcement yet.

Red Dwarf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a horrible self indulgent piece of trash...and I only watched the first episode.

Comment

Sometimes, it's best to never bring something back or go back to something.
      Red Dwarf was a prime example!

Comment

Despite the mixed reaction it gained massive figures for Dave and has sold well whilst having multiple award nominations. They won't be drawn on what the behind the scenes discussion is but the official site has alluded that there is talking going on in some capacity. Given Naylors previous comments, Dave/Sky announcing Red Dwarf X next year wouldn't be a surprise.

(and yup, I meant X)

Comment

I wish they'd throw money at Rob Grant to get him coming back. The show when he left just wasn't as good. Even the book by just Naylor was the worst of them.

One of the biggest examples is Kochanski. Under Grant/Naylor she was just a dream girl who never had any major dialogue and was always in the distance. Under Naylor she was featured heavily and there was a focus on her relationship (or lack of) with Lister.

Comment

Any more RD made will just be epic fail.

Comment

I liked the new episodes - and look forward to a new series. Of course the new stuff wasn't brilliant, but it was enjoyable. No way can it compare to the best classic episodes, but I realised that the cast can still do the job well.

With that in mind, I have faith that a proper series can potentially be very good.

Comment

is it true series 10 has been announced ? or was it a hoax today

"Robert Llewelyn has just tweeted this.

Series 10 of Red Dwarf announcement just been made at DJ 09. To clarify the scripts have been commissioned, wont be filming til 2010"

????

Comment

The meeting must've gone like . . . "So the dvd/blu ray sales news results are in and the numbers are positive . . . fuk series 9, we cant make any sense out of the original ending so we'll make some **** up, plus you lot are a lot older and fatter so we'll make out a long time has passed too!"

No series 9 and probably no Rob Grant? I'll probably still watch it and depress myself more with what could've been.

Comment

never go back.

Comment

Well, according to the attendees its true and aiming to air late 2010. It might not be at its best but it's still better than 90% of the crap comedies that are around these days so I'll be welcoming it. Hopefully it won't be followed by another 5-10 yr gap this time either

Comment

Compared to the greatness of the first 2 series the newer stuff is crap. Please, no more. Red Dwarf is my favourite comedy - let it rest in peace!

Comment

Craig Charles has confirmed that cult British sci-fi show “Red Dwarf” is set to return for a full new season of six episodes next year reports The Daily Mail. The show ran for eight seasons from 1988 to 1999. Ten years later, Freeview channel Dave commissioned a three-part special of the programme dubbed “Back to […]

Filming seems to have been delayed a year, Craig Charles says theyre trying to get the six ep Red Dwarf X in line with V & VI quality wise. Barring poor figures it seems it's back as a proper running show and considering bringing back the live audience. As I'm easy going with RD, even if it's not amazing it'll be better than the cack they call comedy these days

Comment

looking forward to it but have to say since rob grant quit from writing it had gone downhill a bit

Comment

That is very true. Six was the last good showing, then Grant left.

Comment

I must have watched the box sets around eight times - and I love every series. Yesterday, I finished series8 again, and I really enjoyed it. The last episode is hilarious. When I look back over all the series', I don't think the show ever faltered.

I can fully appreciate why some people prefer the style of one series over another, but I wouldn't understand a RD fan saying they don't like any particular series. For me, every series is a joy to watch.

Back to Earth was quite fun - and it proved that the cast are still capable. I have full faith that series10 will be either really good, or great. I don't think there's any chance it'll be bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X