Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yup sure is

Comment

i loved these back in the day but wish they'd let things like this rest in peace.

happy to watch the odd retrospective clip show but new progs always seem to just pi$$ on the grave of what's gone before.

leave it alone.

Comment

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

I think SmokeMeAKipper may actually climax in text form.

Comment

I want to agree with Merf because my head knows he's totally right. But still... my heart... it wants more.

Comment

If it is the standard 4 will be fantastic. Worst thing he ever did bringing Chloe to try and secure a film deal her lines where awful banging on about cottage cheese. Up to S7 when Chris left it was fantastis and to me thats where I always stop rewatching it as even when he came back the new format I just didnt like . I restarted em on dvd on Sunday got to better than life last night. Quarantine is my fave.
            Last edited by Guest; 29-01-2009, 19:23.

Comment

I read somewhere they're filming 2 new episodes to finish the series off and they return to Earth. There is nothing, I repeat, NOTHING I want more in this world than for the creators to finish Red Dwarf off before the actors die. Star Wars, Matrix, LOTR, and all other franchises can f off as far as Im concerned. When it comes to beloved childhood tv fiction the its all about the boys from the Dwarf!

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7851989.stm

I think SmokeMeAKipper may actually climax in text form.
                [climaxes in text form ]

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzyman View Post
                  If it is the standard 4 will be fantastic. Worst thing he ever did bringing Chloe to try and secure a film deal her lines where awful banging on about cottage cheese. Up to S7 when Chris left it was fantastis and to me thats where I always stop rewatching it as even when he came back the new format I just didnt like . I restarted em on dvd on Sunday got to better than life last night. Quarantine is my fave.
                  I agree. The worst thing they could've done was put a new character in while they lost another (Barrie to Tomb Raider wasnt it?).
                  The actress that played Chloe was terrible too. I cant even stand to look at her face let alone watch her wooden acting ffs!!

Some of my favourites are Camille ("If I was going out with a large green blob thats how I'd dress!"), DNA (Kryten showing his 'double polaroid' to Lister), Gunmen Of The Apocalypse & Back To Reality (Dwayne Dibley????!!!!!).

Classic stuff.

Hope these new 1 are gonna be good.

Comment

hope they get rid of the cgi stuff...it just never fit in for me

Comment

Can't help but wonder how they'll show Earth. I mean, it's three million years in the future.

One of the things I liked about early Red Dwarf was how the writers seemed to have some longterm story in mind. Future Echoes hinted at stuff that happened later, and then in Stasis Leak Lister finds out he will eventually end up marrying Kochanski. Come the third series all that went out the window. I guess they had to just keep it going because it became popular, but it's a shame they never ended it in the right way when they had the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Verceti View Post
                        I agree. The worst thing they could've done was put a new character in while they lost another (Barrie to Tomb Raider wasnt it?).
                        The actress that played Chloe was terrible too. I cant even stand to look at her face let alone watch her wooden acting ffs!!

Some of my favourites are Camille ("If I was going out with a large green blob thats how I'd dress!"), DNA (Kryten showing his 'double polaroid' to Lister), Gunmen Of The Apocalypse & Back To Reality (Dwayne Dibley????!!!!!).

Classic stuff.

Hope these new 1 are gonna be good.
                        Yea Dwayne Dibly and mr fibble u cant get better!

At least with Kechansky hers was a parrallel one and they said in a few years they find another way to go back if u go down that story with the much better original acterss (chloe went to usa hopefully never to return).

Maybe they are aiming to just finish it but as been said its 3mill later. The film was goin to be about mutant humanoids wiping out every human and reddwarf was left. I know they went back to beeb to do s9 after funding 4 film failed but they werent intrested.

Chris Barrie was right into Britas empire thats why he couldnt do anymore that and grant naylor combo departed at end of 6 and charles was in prison for rape so s7 nearly didnt happen anyway. Then last min Barrie got abit of time to do some but for me his character just gelled it all. It fell apart in 7 as well when the lass brought intodirect couldnt cope so was let go.

Ive watched dwarf many many times since it came out when i was 15 and it suprises me how well it hasnt dated , part of me hopes just the 4 do more and it works after all original lister was a 40 something slob. Just as long as they dont pee on its memory as i dont want anothe blackadder back and forth pls! I think its Daves highest viewed series so lets hope its done right firstly then more if not go snog liz instead craig lol I hope it hasnt got fancy cgi tho as i prefer untoched older style dwarf.
                        Last edited by Guest; 30-01-2009, 03:36.

Comment

Personally I hope these specials do well on the channel and show BBC2 that not picking up a show that regularly gained 8 million viewers was a stupid decision. Though if they did change they're mind and commission Series IX I'd make Naylor commit to a three sereis deal or something if I was them. The show has been far too sporadic since Series VI ended.

Comment

I dunno how the new ones working though as it all seems abit weird. We know Rob Grant left at end of Series 6 and that really showed but at same time Grant Naylor productions is seriously alive and kicking churning out the dwarf dvds and merchandise. Naylor I dont think would turn anything down I think its Grant thats the key to getting back to how it all was.

Comment

I know that had a major lovers tiff but for some reason assumed they had kissed and made up, I assume then this is not the case ?

Comment

Well they have a partnership as its their joined names as its a production house Grant naylor for the dvds have done ever since they went their sperate ways. I heard the new anniversary has him back making commentary etc.. which he said he would never do. I guess we will never know what went on and why they split but the tag that he left (after writing S7 but not wanting to be part of it and wanted it dead after 6) as he didnt want Red Dwarf to be on his tombstone as they only thing hes done is abit mute as nothing else really worked lol

Comment

Working...
                                X