Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    Needless drama in the article aside...

The BBC has acquired and uploaded every single episode on to iPlayer

No excuses anymore people!
    Just a shame iplayer is blocked in many countries including over here

Comment

Ooh, yeah I forgot to mention this!
      I think it got posted about 20 times on the Red Dwarf FB fan page, leading to a lot of "So what is it?" memes and
      Kryten: "Go to BBC iPLayer? Sir, are you sure? It does mean paying the licence fee!"

or

Holly: "They're on iPlayer. Every episode's on iPlayer, Dave. Dave, every episode, iPlayer, on."

We'd got up to S2, so we watched Kryten this week.
      Weird seeing the other actor and his slightly melty mech head, but it's still a great episode.
      The payoff when Lister is bigging up Rimmer to the female Nova-9 crew is brilliant.

Comment

Belatedly but a week ago Doug Naylor and Robert Llewellyn did a short interview on Radio 4 where Naylor effectively confirmed that he is currently writing Red Dwarf XIV

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
          Just a shame iplayer is blocked in many countries including over here
          VPNs exist.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
            VPNs exist.
            Actually, the BBC is quite good at detecting VPNs. It comes in fits and starts and generally your VPN provider has to lease new IP ranges to circumvent the blocking, then a few weeks or months later that range is blocked.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
              VPNs exist.
              Nah, can't be arsed pissing about with those for a few things.
              Besides, for Red Dwarf I have them all on BluRay and DVD.

Comment

It's a single button click with the word "Connect" on it - takes about 10 seconds total - they're essential for using public wifi on your phone.

Comment

About a month ago I downloaded HD versions of series 1 to 9 as I only own the DVDs of series 4 to 9 and the ****ty remastered dvd of series 1 to 3.
                  Anyway, I was so surprised that this HD collection has extended cuts of many shows and some without laughter tracks. It's so strange yet interesting to see these extended versions.
                  For example, this 3 minute scene of the crew chilling from Duct soup, wasn't in the DVD release or TV version.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                    About a month ago I downloaded HD versions of series 1 to 9 as I only own the DVDs of series 4 to 9 and the ****ty remastered dvd of series 1 to 3.
                    If you want the non-remastered DVDs of 1-3, I see them pretty often in Cex if you want them picking up. They're only a quid or so each, I think some of the later series are more pricey though.

Just remembered but when I finally left my agency job many years back, they sent me £50 worth of HMV vouchers and I went into Leeds and picked up the first 4 series of Red Dwarf (and a couple of films I can't remember).

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                      If you want the non-remastered DVDs of 1-3, I see them pretty often in Cex if you want them picking up. They're only a quid or so each, I think some of the later series are more pricey though.

Just remembered but when I finally left my agency job many years back, they sent me £50 worth of HMV vouchers and I went into Leeds and picked up the first 4 series of Red Dwarf (and a couple of films I can't remember).
                      Thanks for the offer but it's all good now. This set of HD versions I've downloaded are all complete BluRay rips, so they come with all the extras and commentery tracks as well. I'm going to burn them to BluRay discs and make some case slips for them.

Comment

He hasn't stated the nature of the project but

Co-creator of Red Dwarf, Rob Grant, has announced that he is currently working on a brand new prequel project, to be called Red Dwarf: Titan.

Rob Grant has revealed that he's working on a prequel project that is called Red Dwarf: Titan

Presumably this suggests the resolution to Grant and Naylor's dispute is that Naylor will oversee the main show whilst Grant oversees expansions

Comment

Red Dwarf co-creator confirms plan for TV return, original cast cameos | Radio Times
                          Rob Grant confirms that the prequel Red Dwarf: Titan will be created as a long time coming new novel whilst also simultaniously being made as a TV series. He aims to have some of the original cast appear in cameos to link to the new cast.

No word from Naylor except for several times of late where Grant has mentioned that Doug continues to develop something new on his own which is still presumed to be Red Dwarf XIV

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                            Red Dwarf co-creator confirms plan for TV return, original cast cameos | Radio Times
                            Rob Grant confirms that the prequel Red Dwarf: Titan will be created as a long time coming new novel whilst also simultaniously being made as a TV series. He aims to have some of the original cast appear in cameos to link to the new cast.

No word from Naylor except for several times of late where Grant has mentioned that Doug continues to develop something new on his own which is still presumed to be Red Dwarf XIV
                            I think I'll be more inclined to enjoy Doug's upcoming show. Let's face it. The cast is the reason why we watch Red Dwarf.

Comment

I can only imagine the casting issues with trying to find people who can nail the characters. Despite the shows many flashbacks etc they've never managed it themselves, let alone making something that will be without Holly, Cat and Kryten also

Comment

Working...
                              X