No announcement yet.

Red Dwarf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol, maybe it's just me but I do love trying to find out the reasons behind these kind of fallouts.......I was obviously an avid Heat reader in a previous life.......

Comment

Just to remind myself how low things can sink, I went to YouTube to watch some of the US pilot. Man, that is just... oh, it's just...

There are no words.

Well, there are loads of words. Just none appropriate.

Comment

Hehe me too Blacklodge I find the Red dward stuff facinating about why the stuff around the series happened just as much.

With the USA pilot though Terry Farrell got of lightly (DS9 Jadzia Dax) and so did Jane Leeves (Frasier Daphne Moon). I think Jane Leeves ended up being the highest female paid tv actress at some point in USA.
        Last edited by Guest; 30-01-2009, 17:58.

Comment

The DVD box sets I have are very poor quality. The BBC really should have remastered them. I'd buy blu-ray versions if they were clean - because Red Dwarf is my favourite British series ever.

Comment

Leon i love you! I watch Red Dwarf EVERY night. I own all DVD's and its my bedtime show. I just love it.

I just watched the last episode last night and man i got angry. WHY couldn't they just make ONE more episode to finish what happened. Its like Shenmue. Still Its bedtime now, and the Dwarfers are calling.

EDIT: SMOKE ME A ****ING KIPPER!!!! A NEW EPISODE!!! I just blew in my pants!!!! Oh man, i am speechless.
            Last edited by Cuber001; 17-02-2009, 13:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuber001 View Post
              Leon i love you! I watch Red Dwarf EVERY night. I own all DVD's and its my bedtime show. I just love it.

I just watched the last episode last night and man i got angry. WHY couldn't they just make ONE more episode to finish what happened. Its like Shenmue. Still Its bedtime now, and the Dwarfers are calling.

EDIT: SMOKE ME A ****ING KIPPER!!!! A NEW EPISODE!!! I just blew in my pants!!!! Oh man, i am speechless.
              I feel the love...

Red Dwarf is an awesome show. I've watched all the boxsets around five times. I know them off by heart. Wish I could wipe my mind of them, and enjoy them fresh again.

It's great to hear about the new episode. I think the cast aren't too old to do a new series or more. Craig Charles looks the same, Chris Barrie looks quite a bit older, but makeup can help. The Kryten suit is ready and waiting. Danny John-Jules is probably up for it - and full of energy still.

They should have brought it back years ago. It's been too long.

Comment

Would love this to be great but without Grant my expectations are tiny..

Not one (imo) of the episodes written without him were any cop..

After Grant left it turned into a very pale shadow of itself with some truely bad moments, the last series especially.

Comment

Originally posted by gizmo1990 View Post
                  Would love this to be great but without Grant my expectations are tiny..

Not one (imo) of the episodes written without him were any cop..

After Grant left it turned into a very pale shadow of itself with some truely bad moments, the last series especially.
                  i do agree ....however Still thought in places had some very funny moments

Comment

I think the last series was a lot better than the one before it, series 7 was AWFUL! For me series 8 had some genuinely funny moments like the luck virus episode. It was better becuase it also returned to the room sharing dynamic with Lister and Rimmer like in series 1. The Canaries plot device to find new monsters etc was a bit pants though.

If they just return to Earth and round it off nicely in a Blackadder kind of way (I dont mean everyone dying) but with a bit of love and attention then I'll be happy.

Comment

I just want to know what happens to Rimmer. Because when he knee'd the grim reaper in the balls was awesome, but i dont want to see them start out on earth and explain what happened, i want to SEE it happen.

Series 8 was my favourite series. The way they were in jail brought back memories of the first few series and Kill Crazy was awesome. Also with the re addition of Holly made it so much better.

Series 7 was the worst. The lack of Rimmer killed the show. The only good episodes were the ones with Rimmer in them. Chichanzki? was boring and the show really missed Rimmer. I still like it, but not as much.

Comment

I just want to know what happens to Rimmer. Because when he knee'd the grim reaper in the balls was awesome, but i dont want to see them start out on earth and explain what happened, i want to SEE it happen.

Series 8 was my favourite series. The way they were in jail brought back memories of the first few series and Kill Crazy was awesome. Also with the re addition of Holly made it so much better.

Series 7 was the worst. The lack of Rimmer killed the show. The only good episodes were the ones with Rimmer in them. Chichanzki? was boring and the show really missed Rimmer. I still like it, but not as much.
                        I don't think they'd continue the sequence where Rimmer knee'd death in the groin - simply because Chris Barrie is much older now and it would look weird.

Whatver they do - I think it'll be interesting and fun.

I like every season. Some episodes are good, some great, some brilliant. There aren't any that I dislike. In a way.. I prefer the first four seasons, but the others are also fun. It's all quality at the end of the day.

Comment

Yeah maybe you are right, but i watched all of season 8 last night and thought the way they could save rimmer would be to simply remake the machine on the "perfect" side of the mirror. What ever they do i have faith in Doug and just really hope that it isn't some spin off and shows us what happens. I think it will because i know he really wanted to at least finish the story. Whatever the case i'm so excited! As soon as i found out i screamed like a girl to the missus about it! Her response? "Great, more Red Dwarf over and over"

I love it!

Comment

Yeah maybe you are right, but i watched all of season 8 last night and thought the way they could save rimmer would be to simply remake the machine on the "perfect" side of the mirror. What ever they do i have faith in Doug and just really hope that it isn't some spin off and shows us what happens. I think it will because i know he really wanted to at least finish the story. Whatever the case i'm so excited! As soon as i found out i screamed like a girl to the missus about it! Her response? "Great, more Red Dwarf over and over"

I love it!
                            The creators have great imaginations, so I know we can count on them to do something interesting and fun.

I love it too. It's by far my favourite British series.

Comment

Check out the place where the Dwarfers rest up in Back to Earth.

It's just a small update showing off some of the new set design for the specials but given how close we are now to the great comeback weekend, here ya go!

Comment

Starts on Friday night

Comment

Working...
                                X