No announcement yet.

Red Dwarf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was so bizarre to see without any knowledge beforehand. The AA is running a new tv and radio campaign based on Dwarf

Comment

Ah, it's always nice to see them together! Hope we get that next season sometime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
        The AA is running a new tv and radio campaign based on Dwarf
        It made me feel like I had be transported back to the '90s.

Loved it when the AA ship landed -- and then Cat ejects Rimmer.

Comment

May be mucking around but Naylor and DAVE have started tweeting cryptically again regarding Red Dwarf.

Comment

A feature length special in 2020.

Better than nothing!

Comment

You will be able to get tickets to the live recording at Pinewood here:
              Free tickets to your favourite television and radio shows from Lost in TV

It'll be interesting to see how they handle that extra running time. Hopefully it gives them some more room to expand some ideas.

I've still not seen the last series!

Comment

The last series wasn't bad. It's kind of like a comfy pair of old slippers now. I think the last couple of series have been a lot better than the show when it was at its worst but similarly has struggled to capture the magic of its best years. But I enjoyed them and I'm glad we got them. It's an easy show to watch and enjoy and the actors seemed to find a groove again.

Comment

I enjoyed it, though i still wish Rob Grant came back to write with Doug Naylor but that ship has long since sailed and seems like no one has said why he left (was touched on a few times but no details)

As i heard someone say two writers together often make a writer that is better then them both

Comment

I mean, always glad to see more Dwarf but the reveal its a feature length immediately sucked the joy out the room. Every multi-part story and Back to Earth has been the low point for the show so getting another is a let down when the last 3 series proved the old format was picking up quality as it went.

Comment

Yeah, you're not wrong there.

Comment

I don't understand how this is 30 years old?
                        Who fast-forwarded my life?

Comment

The first images from Red Dwarf XIII are out:

In no way confirmed but speculation has it that it will air over the Easter weekend

Comment

Are all the Dave episodes available to stream via their app?

Comment

Synopsis for Red Dwarf XIII is out:

"The new 90-minute special is the thirteenth outing of the legendary sci-fi comedy. It reunites the original cast of Chris Barrie (Rimmer), Craig Charles (Lister), Danny John-Jules (Cat) Robert Llewellyn (Kryten) and sees the return of Holly (Norman Lovett) the much loved ship's computer. Written and directed by Doug Naylor, it was recorded in front of a live studio audience over two nights at the world famous Pinewood Studios.

Three million years ago... David Lister, a vending machine repairman, was sentenced to eighteen months in suspended animation for smuggling his pregnant cat aboard the mining ship Red Dwarf. While Lister remained in stasis, a radiation leak killed the rest of the crew. Safely sealed in the hold, the cats evolved into humanoid form. The cats now roam deep space in a fleet of their own... The special will see the posse meet three cat clerics (Tom Bennett, Mandeep Dhillon, Lucy Pearman) who worship Lister as their God. Lister vows to help them as they're being hunted by Rodon, the ruthless feral cat leader (Ray Fearon) who has vowed to wipe out all cats who worship anyone but him."

I had a check on the viewing figures for RD as well during it's Dave series and whilst it's still successful for them it's audience has shrunk which is presumably why we're getting this short run again. If it does well presumably any Red Dwarf XIV would be a similar set up rather than a series as well and as the show is very unlikely to return once Dave decides not to continue I'd be quite happy for them to commission Red Dwarf XIV and Red Dwarf XV as 90 minute specials that give the show a proper closure.

Comment

So what is it?

It's a brief teaser for Red Dwarf XIII

UKTV & British comedy channel Dave have released the first trailer for a new 90-minute feature-length “Red Dwarf” special episode airing later this year. Filmed late last year, “Red Dwarf: The Promised Land” sees the crew meet three cat clerics (Tom Bennett, Mandeep Dhillon, Lucy Pearman) who worship Lister as their God. Lister vows to […]

Seems to add fuel to the idea of an Easter debut

Comment

Working...
                                X