Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Dwarf

Does anyone know...

Why Kryton appears with no reason all of a sudden from the 3rd series onwards?
    Also why does Holly from the 3rd series become a female computer?

There is absolutely no explanation to any of these things and has bugged me for years.

Thanks in advance

Kryten originally appeared in season two in the first episode Kryten. He was rescued from a crashed ship in that episode which crashed because Kryten washed the computers ( and he was played by a different actor ). At the end of the episode he borrowed Lister's spacebike and crashed it into an asteroid. He became a regular character in season three after Lister found and rebuilt him (explained in the scrolling text in S3E1 ).

Holly had a sex change between S2 & 3 ( also explained in the scrolling text at the beginning of S3E1 ) as Norman Lovette left the series.
    Last edited by MartyG; 13-12-2006, 09:04.

Comment

hmmmmmmmmmmm.......

Strange indeed. My box set doesn't do any of those things! Even though I have up to series 4.

Edit: I do remember the Kryten that appeared in series 2 for one episode. Though I believed it was a one off. As for Lister finding and rebuilding him...Where the heck in the series does it exactly come in?

Comment

Is that Red Dwarf movie ever going to happen? They'll have to make it soon before Craig Charles gets locked up for life.

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal
          hmmmmmmmmmmm.......

Strange indeed. My box set doesn't do any of those things! Even though I have up to series 4.
          Watch episode 1 "Backwards" of season 3 - it's in the scrolling text at the beginning of the episode.

Three million years in the future, Dave Lister, the last human being alive, discovers he is pregnant after a liaison with his female self in a parallel universe. His pregnancy concludes with the successful delivery of twin boys, Jim and Bexley. However, because the boys were conceived in another universe, with different physical laws, they suffer from highly accelerated growth rates and are both eighteen years old within three days of being born.

In order to save their lives, Lister returns them to the universe of their origin, where they are reunited with their father (a woman), and are able to lead comparatively normal lives. Well, as normal as you can be if you've been born in a parallel universe and your father's a woman and your mother's a man and you're eighteen years old three days after your birth.

Shortly afterward, Kryten, the service mechanoid, who had left the ship after being rescued from his own crashed vessel, the Nova 5, is found in pieces after his space bike crashed into an asteroid. Lister rebuilds the 'noid, but is unable to recapture his former personality.

Meanwhile, Holly, the increasingly erratic computer, performs a head sex change operation on himself. He bases his new face on Hilly, a female computer with whom he'd once fallen madly in love.

Comment

Thanks, though how much sense it makes I'm not too sure.

Just to clarify for me, how many episodes were there in total?

Comment

S1 to 6 had 6, S7&8 had 8, so 52 altogether. Good episode guide here: http://www.sadgeezer.com/RedDwarf/rd-epis.htm

Comment

i really wanted to see the red dwarf usa pilot

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar
                  Is that Red Dwarf movie ever going to happen? They'll have to make it soon before Craig Charles gets locked up for life.
                  I doubt it'll ever happen now

Who'd want to go see Crackhead Charles as a hero apart from the few fans (myself including) on the big screen? Unfortunatly RD has never acheived anything more than cult status. ft:

Comment

What's he getting locked up for these days?

Comment

Crack cocaine of all things!

Smoke me a kipper....

Comment

I just watched season 8 a few days ago. I'd completely forgotten what kind of a cliffhanger it ended on.

There really needs to be *something* to follow it.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills
                          I just watched season 8 a few days ago. I'd completely forgotten what kind of a cliffhanger it ended on.

There really needs to be *something* to follow it.
                          Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy
                            i really wanted to see the red dwarf usa pilot
                            It has one funny joke

Comment

Its just not the same without the scouse crack demon...

Comment

Working...
                              X