360 HD-DVD drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

360 HD-DVD drive

Thought I'd start off a First Play thread seeing as theres a lot of talk about experiences with it in the Headlines thread when it should be in here.

Anyway, its great, etc...

Has anyone tried Miami Vice yet? Interestingly the disk comes with a "you may need to upgrade your drives firmware to play this" leaflet. True enough, trying to activate U-Control on the menu causes the 360 to crash with a "Can't play this content. Status Code C667000B" error message and fires you back to the dashboard. Quite annoying

edit: oh and this seems out of sync to me, just like V for Vendetta was for me. Pants
    Last edited by ChrisF; 13-12-2006, 19:07.

Originally posted by debug77
    Thought I'd start off a First Play thread seeing as theres a lot of talk about experiences with it in the Headlines thread when it should be in here.

Anyway, its great, etc...

Has anyone tried Miami Vice yet? Interestingly the disk comes with a "you may need to upgrade your drives firmware to play this" leaflet. True enough, trying to activate U-Control on the menu causes the 360 to crash with a "Can't play this content. Status Code C667000B" error message and fires you back to the dashboard. Quite annoying

edit: oh and this seems out of sync to me, just like V for Vendetta was for me. Pants
    Thats the Tru-hd track turn it off and you should be fine.
    Got my M:I boxset this morning know what im doing tomorrow

Comment

Do you mean in V For Vendetta or Miami Vice?

MV doesnt have a TrueHD soundtrack, just DD+5.1.

I want the Google Maps in Miami Vice

Comment

Do you mean in V For Vendetta or Miami Vice?

MV doesnt have a TrueHD soundtrack, just DD+5.1.

I want the Google Maps in Miami Vice
        Sorry I ment in V, Mv has the newer features was going to get it myself but hey ho I can wait for an update I guess

Comment

Ah

Ironically, the U-Control tutorial says its built using a Microsoft API. Figures...
          Last edited by ChrisF; 13-12-2006, 19:25.

Comment

I don't think its U-control thats the problem, as Tokyo drift has it and was demo'ed with the hd drive

Comment

I had that error screen pop up once whilist piddling with something in U control.
              Probably just a glitch, with it being a new format, it is gonna take a while before everyone has got their head around the standards.

Comment

dvdmike, do you have have to enable it on Tokyo Drift? On MV, its when you switch it on via the main menu. Then it goes pop Can't get to any of the extras at all. Hope they patch it soon.

Edit: I guess the "upgrade your firmware" leaflet was being pretty serious!

Edit2: Looks like I'm not alone! http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=763851
                Last edited by ChrisF; 13-12-2006, 22:14.

Comment

dvdmike, do you have have to enable it on Tokyo Drift? On MV, its when you switch it on via the main menu. Then it goes pop Can't get to any of the extras at all. Hope they patch it soon.

Edit: I guess the "upgrade your firmware" leaflet was being pretty serious!

Edit2: Looks like I'm not alone! http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=763851
                  With MV you cannot enable 'U control' via the main menu. However if you start the movie you can enable it by pressing the 'A' button. Works fine on my 360.

Comment

Yeah same thing here. Works fine when activated in the movie. Sweet!

Comment

Ah excellent. I'll give that a go this evening. Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
                      X