No announcement yet.

Anyone else playing VF4 Evo.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goto the Sega Dome in Quest Mode and see if you can beat any of the characters there mate

*cue evil laugh*

Comment

No problem......

*goes to Sega Dome and get my ass kicked*

alright then maybe i just need to learn a few more moves

Honestly though some of the battles in the quest mode make me sick how much they give me a beating(akira mainly )

Im not too bothered though as i am still in the learning process but still lovin the game

Comment

I'm training up with Goh

Had to drop Guilty Gear XX is favour of this - havent got my own EVO yet but I have heads round for challenge quite a lot and manz always bring it with them.

I love the Goh style tho ^^ - I been using Akira since day 1 and Goh is a wicked step, may even move over to Club Goh permanently ^^

Comment

I started playing this over the weekend and started to use Akira for the first time. On the training mode some of the moves that they describe for him seem impossible to pull off. I can literally only get them right about 1 time in 10. It seems like the game is designed to be played with a stick rather than the standard pad (which I suppose it is being based on an arcade 8) ).

Is there another character that anyone can recommend who will give me an introduction to starting to play this game properly?

Comment

Originally posted by goldbricker
            I started playing this over the weekend and started to use Akira for the first time. On the training mode some of the moves that they describe for him seem impossible to pull off. I can literally only get them right about 1 time in 10. It seems like the game is designed to be played with a stick rather than the standard pad (which I suppose it is being based on an arcade 8) ).

Is there another character that anyone can recommend who will give me an introduction to starting to play this game properly?
            Akira is a complex character to get at first. Moves like the Stun Palm of Doom etc are hard - you need to sit there and practice your execution till you can do it both directions without thinking, then you'll be catching people with it. It's all buffeing with Akira, for eample you do the back, down + PG throw, you need to buffer for example forward, forward K while the 1st move is happening then P cancel that P with G and then go down KG forward K back forward P.

Learn jacky first I suggest - you'll learn about how to take frame advantage with him by using forward P K - once you understand the rhythm to the fighting explore others.

Comment

How is everyone doing with the missions and the quest mode? I'm struggling.

loving the fighting though, new moves are great, most of them. Not too keen on brad burns, but Goh has some nice moves on him.

Comment

It seems like the game is designed to be played with a stick rather than the standard pad (which I suppose it is being based on an arcade ).
                I think I must be a bit of a freak, I actually play better on a pad!

Comment

Gonna have 2 get this very soon, own VF4 but this soundz miles better. My first ever arcade stick comes through post soon so i'll get good at VF4 then when i can afford it buy Evo. SC2 is comin wiv arcade stick n i ws not 2 bad in the arcade, for sayin i had not played SC for about a year since trading my JPN Dreamcast(wish i had not dun that).

Comment

Originally posted by Kenshi
                    So it VF4 Evo really worth getting if you already have VF4?

What are the main selling points?
                    The game engine is identical is the original. It's worth getting if you want to play competively in the arcades but otherwise stick to the original. There's plenty of depth in it.

Comment

Just one question: How do i unlock the VF1 mode

Comment

Buy a VF1 model for your character, and another for another character. Select them in versus mode and you'll get a VF1 stage to fight on with VF1 energy bars.

that could be wrong, It's just what I've heard.

Comment

Kenshi wrote:
                          So it VF4 Evo really worth getting if you already have VF4?

What are the main selling points?

The game engine is identical is the original. It's worth getting if you want to play competively in the arcades but otherwise stick to the original. There's plenty of depth in it.
                          Also some of the animation has been changed for the better, every character has new moves, and lets not forget the excellent new costumes. Like the title says it's an Evolution of VF4.

Comment

And nice antialiasing ^_^

I'm waiting until a UK release to buy. A friend has a copy (in the literal sense) of the Japanese version and I'm not going to pick it up cos of the broken kumite system.

Incidently, I had a few games in Play2Win last weekend. I managed a 3 win streak at the beginning of the tourney with my Wolf but as soon as Ryan got on there was /no/ chance. His Jacky is something else. And he doesn't even play Jacky normally ^^;;

Comment

Working...
                            X