Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your prized possesion rarest item in your eyes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    I've never got the outcry over Altered Beast on the MD. The sprites were massive, the sound (unlike what was made out) is very good with super high quality sound effects and the game even had more parallax scrolling that the Arcade. It was a really nice port and showed off the jump of the MD over the Master System

It will always have a special place in my heart too; Like I said it was so Christmassy with me and the Staff downstairs on Christmas morning playing the Mega Drive on the big TV with a roaring parkray by the side of us. The only thing that spoilt the whole day was mum demanding the Mega Drive to be turned off for the bloody Queen's Speech, just when I was in the middle of playing Super Hang-On LOL
    Yes also back then a game where you could effectively turn into "monsters" and wreck havoc was a great thing in itself. I think some of the early games like AB were probably on smaller carts. If they had been released later they probably would have been even better. But as an Amiga owner with Altered Beast at the time - I can say the MD one is way better in every way - apart from the plain looking werewolf dash-flash on the Megadrive version The biggest improvement was the large sprites. Amiga had much smaller sprites (as usual)

The first boss who throws his head(s) at you is amazing too. I bought the arcade version a few years ago and play it with my supergun. Great game!

Comment

Working...
    X