Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your prized possesion rarest item in your eyes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    That would age it like on Lovejoy.
    Hahahahaha!

Comment

I need to dig out the photos, but my Dreamcast arcade stick signed by Yoshinori Ono is my most prized possession. It was at a Capcom event for SSF4.

I couldn't find it last time I visited my parents' place a few years ago. It's probably in the attic so I'm praying it hasn't been attacked by mildew.

Comment

I lost a lot of my stuff over the years. What I valued I liked because of my memories attached to the items or something like art and design.

I threw away boxes and boxes of magazines and I do regret that.

Comment

I bought a full set of EDGE up to 2005 for my thesis.......still have them all.
          Last edited by CAPCOM; 13-11-2020, 15:30.

Comment

[MENTION=16860]CAPCOM[/MENTION], you don't have to put massive pictures on every post.

Comment

It was a wonderful Christmas morning playing the MD, but it's so special since my late Staffordshire Bull Terrier footprints are all over the white polystyrene inside casing, what with him sniffing and checking it out and making sure everything was safe whilest I was playing the Mega Drive in front of the old Parkray fireplace on the BIG TV downstairs

The perfect Christmas morning and I'll never sell that box his footprints are still there

Comment

Lost edge issue 1 to 2012, with a bunch of other stuff. Other mags, comics, soundtracks the lot.

Comment

Originally posted by CAPCOM View Post
                  I bought a full set of EDGE up to 2005 for my thesis.......still have them all.
                  Hold on was it you who was looking for the set around 2011 / 2013? How many accounts have you had lol. Got to admire the persistence.

Comment

Nope "I do not" "PLAY GAMES ANYMORE" the games industry has taken over London...

Version V.0 should be out in 2021 though...going by cycles, new editor doing well...Still browse it digitally as have lifetime subscription being a future shareholder...but prefer Poole's output here...

Weekly magazine featuring the best British journalists, authors, critics and cartoonists, since 1828

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post

It was a wonderful Christmas morning playing the MD, but it's so special since my late Staffordshire Bull Terrier footprints are all over the white polystyrene inside casing, what with him sniffing and checking it out and making sure everything was safe whilest I was playing the Mega Drive in front of the old Parkray fireplace on the BIG TV downstairs

The perfect Christmas morning and I'll never sell that box his footprints are still there
                      I like it when people still have their original treasured consoles with memories attached. What a great Christmas. I really like Altered Beast too!

Comment

I have my original boxed Super NES with Mario World and back up with Killer Instinct...will send photos soon...

Will send original photograph before Christmas with immaculate SNES collection...

Comment

Originally posted by buzz909 View Post
                          I like it when people still have their original treasured consoles with memories attached. What a great Christmas. I really like Altered Beast too!
                          I've never got the outcry over Altered Beast on the MD. The sprites were massive, the sound (unlike what was made out) is very good with super high quality sound effects and the game even had more parallax scrolling that the Arcade. It was a really nice port and showed off the jump of the MD over the Master System

It will always have a special place in my heart too; Like I said it was so Christmassy with me and the Staff downstairs on Christmas morning playing the Mega Drive on the big TV with a roaring parkray by the side of us. The only thing that spoilt the whole day was mum demanding the Mega Drive to be turned off for the bloody Queen's Speech, just when I was in the middle of playing Super Hang-On LOL

Comment

Probably my copy of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance for the GameCube. It's not my rarest item, but it was peak teenage me getting into retro-game bargain hunting around 2010 just before the prices starting going through the roof. It was the first FE I played, and it felt magical doing so given the series' extremely niche status at the time (prior to the Awakening 'boom') - like many others, I only knew of Marth, Roy and Ike through the SSB games.

I got it via a 'store transfer request' from CeX; before you were able to buy stuff online the website just let you see which branches had the stuff you wanted stock. There was one copy in all their stores, somewhere very far away from where I was, and the only way to get it was request it in-store at a local branch - they'd literally phone up the store which had it and get it sent over in 1-2 weeks, assuming no-one had bought it by the time you called. I remember it getting the call that it had arrived three days before Christmas that year! It was really good nick too, with all manuals, VIP points etc., which felt particularly special since most stuff in CeX looks like dog food.

It cost me 22 quid, which felt substantial at the time - though that feels like nothing compared to the 100+ prices it commands nowadays on eB*y...

Comment

Here is my original US SNES Mario World and back up Killer Instinct Model I Units.

Selling Super Ghouls n Ghosts Mint today to CEX as get 70 notes and can play it on ANBERNIC perfectly now.

Never selling Any SNES stuff every again apart from Turtles Tournament Fighters on this forum recently.

"PLAY IT LOUD NINTENDO FANS! 16 Bit RULZ Nintendo for the win!"

Wario Woods I need to play!
                              Last edited by CAPCOM; 02-12-2020, 11:05.

Comment

Originally posted by CAPCOM View Post
                                Here is my original US SNES Mario World and back up Killer Instinct Model I Units.

Selling Super Ghouls n Ghosts Mint today to CEX as get 70 notes and can play it on ANBERNIC perfectly now.

Never selling Any SNES stuff every again apart from Turtles Tournament Fighters on this forum recently.

"PLAY IT LOUD NINTENDO FANS! 16 Bit RULZ Nintendo for the win!"

Wario Woods I need to play!
                                Would love to see your SNES collection Looking forward to the Turtles manual

Comment

Working...
                                X