No announcement yet.

Life on Mars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to say i agree with most here what a show and what a last episode. I really had no idea how they would finish it, its a bit like lost in that regard but unlike lost the show never got lost in its whats, where, who, what the hell story lines. I think most can relate to that feeling of having a dream and feeling like its real when you wake up, i really hope they bring this back somewhere down the line as its the best british made tv i have seen in many a year.

Comment

A sequel has been confirmed, it is to be based in the 80s: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6542633.stm

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
        A sequel has been confirmed, it is to be based in the 80s: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6542633.stm
        I'd read a few wks back about Philip Glenister appearing in a programme called Ashes To Ashes but nothing was said what it was about at the time.

This is fantastic news!!

Lets hope they get the same writers in for it & that they keep Gene Hunts character the same too!!

Comment

Doesn't the spin-off

kind of completely screw up the 'it's all happening in Sam's head' reveal at the end though?

Comment

Concept:

the woman who will be in the spin-off is the person that Sam sent the tape to when he came out of his coma. So when she has the accident her psyche imagines the characters of Chris, Gene and Ray.

Comment

The last episode and ending explained HERE

Comment

Is the final episode going to be repeated? Sky Plus messed up the recording.

Comment

I have just watched the finale, after watching both series on DVD over the last fortnight.

Pretty surprised it hasnt got a bigger following on here, really - one of the best shows I've ever seen - and certainly the best British drama.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                    Pretty surprised it hasnt got a bigger following on here, really - one of the best shows I've ever seen - and certainly the best British drama.

I agree totally mate! Its the only prog on TV I've actually made an effort not to miss as I've loved it so much. The characters, the storylines, the atmosphere all fantastic!!

Looking forward to Ashes To Ashes so much!!

Comment

The wife and I never watched it when it first started because we thought it just looked like a really rubbish idea for a series. We only gave it a go at the start of the 2nd series after the word of mouth got too good to ignore.

Comment

Given this a go on DVD over the weekend, WTF have I missed! - Fantastic show, both series' are great, wrapped up the story in two seasons - Gene Hunt is a legend and the scripting was awesome. Some of his one liners were genius.

I'm sad it's all finished now, If Ashes to Ashes is half as good, it will be something special.

Comment

"You are surrounded by armed B*****S"

The police back in the day were baaaaadass.

Comment

I can't believe they got away with some of the lines in it, especially on the BBC.

"This case is going as fast as a bunch of spastics in a magnet factory"

"I've come at this from more angles than Linda Lovelace."

Comment

"If i was as nervous as you I would never fart for fear of ****ting myself"

Comment

Is this actually good then, I've heard it mentioned alot recently for some reason. I watched the first few episodes I think when it came out too and never really thought much but its getting talked about everywhere.

I think I'll give it a go!

Comment

Working...
                                X