Resistance: Fall of Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry:

No, Resistance Fall of Man doesn't have online co-op. Split screen works quite nicely though IMO.

Comment

picked this up yesterday.

Am still in the first town - York - and boy am I glad I finally found some health bars! It seems pretty good so far, I'm playing on hard and have to keep reminding myself I can't run in gung ho as you get toasted pretty quickly. The enemy AI seems ok.

However your fellow fighters in the game so far are less than useless - they seem to appear, run at the enemy and get killed. This is a big downside so far as I end up having to kill every enemy myself.

Gfx look good - hoping this grabs me a bit more as I progress. I quite like the story so far I must admit - and it does have atmosphere.

Comment

I like it a lot better than the sequel so far. I don't know why. Its not a bad game at all, and got slated pretty bad which is a shame. I played it to death basically though, maybe finished it 4 times alone and once co-op. I never played it online because I tried once and just got my ass kicked, but I've never been a big online player anyway.

Comment

The original is brilliant. The only thing I found on first play-through is that some of the areas didn't string together well. Still haven't played the second.

Comment

About halfway through and I'm really enjoying it so far.

The story has grabbed me and I think it's a quite polished shooter - yeah it's taken bits from all of the best FPS of the past but hey they've been implemented well and it plays well.

I can't remember if this game was praised or panned back in the day - I guess Edge would give it a 6 or 7 - I'm thinking an 8 so far.

My only real criticism is the checkpoints - admittedly I'm playing on hard first time through but the checkpoints seem a bit too far apart for my liking (or perhaps I'm just ****!)

Can't wait to see how the story pans out & am now looking forward to playing Resistance 2 now.

Comment

The 2nd one is a dissapointment sadly, still playable, just very yawnworthy.

Comment

Finished this on hard.

There were some incredibly hard bits and other bits I thought were pretty easy. Some of the checkpoints were too bl**dy far apart.

Really enjoyed it though - probably won't play through again for the rest of the skill points - may just play the odd stage here and there for the remainder of the intelligence and some of the cooler sounding skills.

Overall I thought the story, graphics & gameplay were great - I probably rate it on par with Halo 3 (singleplayer only - don't dig Halo online & haven't bothered playing this online either).

Will definitely pick up no. 2.

Comment

Working...
                X