Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bevan - Joyeuse

Bev...

Went after the joyeuse with AaD and found something out that could prove useful. The thing is soloable by a 75RDM/NIN, though it does take a while and needs a bit of skill.

I pulled the mob for Fission and we worked about 25% off the mobs health before reinforcements arrived. Fission now has a pearl for Rargh and if we can get him spending a bit of time on there we could do this. The whole trick was bind and gravity with Nuke voileys being thrown in. We had 0 tanks involved.

At pull there was
    Tsingtao PLD/NIN
    Fission RSM/NIN

Help came from
    Beregorn WHM/BLM
    Slug RDM/NIN
    Lotto RNG/NIN

This copuld be doable with talizker as well!

I'm starting levelling RDM as well as a second job, we might be finally able to get this for you.

Good luck Bev!!!

Comment

Hey Tsing,

That would be great. I've read that Charby can be soloed by a RDM/NIN, but the RDM would need to invest a couple million for new gear. I'll keep trying to get a ToD, but this weekend is off since I'm going on a DM run today and there's maintenance tomorrow.

Also, I've been thinking of trying to join a HNMLS. I know a lot of people from Rargh are with AaD. Can anyone join AaD, or is it for EU players only?

Comment

Nope there are NA players in there as well and theres enough of us in AaD im sure to click the Vote Yes button to get you in

Comment

Yup get an application in there mate, plenty of players from all over the place.

Comment

What's AnD's website address? I checked Allak's LS listing and couldn't find it.

I tried my first DM run on Saturday and got totally owned! Our alliance got wiped after 10 mins, and at 30 min when time ran out we had only defeated 2 of the AA's. Nobody had another pentasphrere, so we're going to try again next Saturday. I talked Moot into joining us and unfortunately he deleved when he died. Anyone have any advice?

Comment

Originally posted by Bevan View Post
              What's AnD's website address? I checked Allak's LS listing and couldn't find it.
              Found it on Rargh's main page.

Comment

AaD is www.angelsanddemons.it.tc in case anyone else needs...

DM is a tough fight and has a lot to do with how good your ally is. The balance needs to be loaded for fast damage to stop the kiters being left out to long.

Kill order is normally
                Taru
                Galka
                Mithra
                Hume
                Elven

Basically your mages nuke the living crap out of the taru while you DD TP burn the Glaka. 3 kites run the others, if you have a NIN and RDM you can duo up the Hume is soloable (I think he's the NIN) just make sure Mijin goes off away from the main fight.

The key is you must have killed at least 2 AAs before you wipe if you don't its over. Ideal is to have taken down 3...

For wipes make sure you wipe on the stairs, gets tricky if people die in random places. If you die somewhere stupid RR and move somewhere sensible and die again. DM costs XP a lot of it at times!

Like I say will get a real strategy for you from somewhere. You should get talizker to come along as well, he needs it.

Comment

nuke and hundred fist/ mightys strike the taru AA, keep all pets slept!! i think there is a bst and maybe a smn there.

The galka is as tsing said a tp burner.

The mithra usually has a pet out and you usually keep the pet slept and kill the mithra to prevent the mithra from summoning another one. once the mithra is down take out the pet! if ya got 2 nins to spare you can get them to tank the mitra and pet while the mass of DDs go armound killing stuff.

Elvaan is usually killed next ... Spirits within is nice against this one, sleep when it does invincible and dont worry if it hits bene cause its just her and the hume left if things are going well. also this one is easier killed by nukers.

The hume is killed last watch ofr mighty strikes and the nin 2 hr at 50%.

there will be a maintenence today also so if you camp that sea monk in SSG with enough pals when server is back up i think you will get the joyeuse.

Comment

Yeah make sure you take enough DD to DM, when we did it we were a little short and we went 1/2 just.... Who u doin it with Bev?

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                      Who u doin it with Bev?
                      This was the alliance I joined:

We tried the general kiting strategy while everyone took out the Taru first. He went down fairly quickly, but so did our kiters. After that, it wasn't long until the whole alliance was dead. Most of us had RR up, so we regrouped and rested up to try again. I think we would have won, but we simply ran out of time. I think we'll have a better run this Saturday since we've had some experience now. We may have some no-shows, so if anyone from Rargh needs DM, you might want to come along.

Comment

I am very interested in this Bevan. Will contact the guys organising in game and try and get involved.

Comment

Originally posted by talizker View Post
                          I am very interested in this Bevan. Will contact the guys organising in game and try and get involved.
                          Tal,

Definitely contact Rosskatz or Mortis (both played by the same person). Even if everyone shows up again, we may make 2 runs. Last week more people showed up than we had room for and there was talk of making another run, but we only had one pentasphere.

Comment

Me and Moot just helped a friend of his kill Charby if anyone is interested in ToD.

Died at 9pm UK time.

Awesome fight btw. NIN, BLU, MNK and BRD setup for the win ^_^
                            Last edited by C'; 25-01-2007, 21:20.

Comment

Working...
                            X