Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camels toe ftw

Comment

Went to me Ma's house looking for my old folder of work on the weekend but couldn't find it. >_< So I spent a few hours doodling last night, just to produce something for the thread. Thought I'd better make the first one gaming related, so I knocked this up using a pencil for the general outline, Pentel Super Fine Point pens and Pentel Brush Pens for the bold outline and colour, then touched up any stray lines using a standard tipex pen. I chose to colour a photocopy of my sketch incase I botched up the original. You can see where my ****ty printer decided to drop the quality half-way through printing the copy (the black becomes greyer).

Here's the original without colour.

I'm gonna do some more stuff soon since this was just a sampler for testing my extremely rusty skills. I ain't drawn in an age.
      Last edited by Emir; 19-02-2007, 17:46. Reason: Added original b/w ver.

Comment

Ah that looks awesome, or should I say viewtiful!

Comment

Cheers man!

Comment

I'm loving this thread Its great how we all feeling it and putting pen/pencil to paper again. I've almost filled up a page with different hands now much to my girlfriends complete bafflement

Like the VJ, Emir you fiend >_<

Comment

Some great stuff here guys, please keep it coming... its been very inspiring seeing your work and you've certainly pricked my enthusiasm. Got a couple of new pictures on the go... and still trying to get a couple others scanned to post.

Emir, i really like this viewitful joe ones buddy. Awesome stuff

Though, i've noticed my previous pics seem to have disappeared! heh. I'll have to sort that out
              ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Thanks for the kind comments, guys. (^_^) Definitely agree about this thread being a cool thing. Seeing all this great work by everyone has motivated me to draw more often. Got a few pieces on the go myself at the mo.

If only I could get a job doing this kinda stuff. I'd ****ing love it. Shame I live in ****sville, where I can't imagine there's any demand for any pencil/brush skills as part of a proper job. >_<

Comment

Originally posted by Champloo View Post
                  I'd love to draw more, there's nothing I appreciate more than good art (damn I sound like a ass). Really, everytime I look at decent artwork, I just get this strong urge to produce something myslef, which always turns out cack.

In fact, good artwork will sell a game for me! Have to be honest, the original Romancing SaGa's are pretty dull (well 3 is good) but the artwork alone sells those games for me.

But like Adam said its just too time-consuming, and you feel the whole time that since you aren't getting anything for it, its a waste of time. Silly really.

Anyway I have to post something, here's two pics that i'm rather proud of, mainly because of the fact that I was younger when I drew them. The V.Story one is from when I was 14. It doesn't actually look much like the original art, more like MJ really! But for some reason I still like the look of it.

And the Elly one I did when I was 16, I probably prefer the Vagrant Story one, but meh...

I don't really have anything else to show, I do like to draw, but i've only ever taken the time to draw a few sketches over time, these 2 being my favourites.

By the way Adam, some of you artwork is amazing - its giving me that urge to draw something again.
                  I love that pic of Elly, She's one of my favorite characters from my favorite game and I think you captured Elly really well. I still need to play Vagrant story though.

Comment

Originally posted by toxicninja View Post
                    I love that pic of Elly, She's one of my favorite characters from my favorite game and I think you captured Elly really well. I still need to play Vagrant story though.
                    Thanks man.

I'm a big Xenogears fan myself. Quite sad that i'm probably going to have to sell most of my Xeno collection soon.

Vagrant Story is good but I never finished it after my memory card wiped. It does have some really nice art work though, I love the front cover.

Comment

Is 3D accepted? No? Well, who cares.
                      This is something that some of you might recognize, I've been working on it on spare hours in the office and it's almost complete, just a few details and some mapping coordinates for bump and diffuse maps.

Comment

I finally got a bit of time off work so now can concentrate on some drawings. Have a couple of orders to do, which is great.

Also, finally got round to getting a picture of my cat online. Sadly its only a photo from my phone so you cant really see the detail. Also, he passed away recently, so this picture is extra special to me. God i miss the smelly bugger.

Anyone got anything new to share?

Comment

Viewing this thread has inspired me to put pencil to paper, I may well post in the future if I can come up with anything, not done anything for ages!

Comment

Hey all,

Just thought i'd share a new pic.

I'm really getting back into my drawing at the moment so will have more to share soon. Lots of manga styley ones too.

Anyone done anything new recently?

Comment

^ thats great Adam, I cant draw a stick man!
                              Sorry to hear about you cat.

Comment

Right, finally got round to scanning some pictures, only a couple mind.

Here's a better quality one of Morris...

Those two last ones are called Plars. Yep, thats right... "Plar"

They are cute and cuddly but protects those dearest. They're my little characters and they come equipt with all different types of weapons and hats going through the ages. And even on the rare occasion he may hold a flower or two… Admittably usually with roots still intact but he tries bless him.
                                Last edited by Adam Stone; 30-01-2008, 21:29.

Comment

Working...
                                X