X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's definitely art!

Quite mesmerising to look at

Comment

OOOooooOOOoooh I like that! Any tutorial available online?

Battled with my stained glass window on Saturday leading it and I am hoping by the end of the weekend its fully loaded with lead just needs fixing and cementing. Shall post pics once done, I'm getting back into liking it again but I'm now entering the part with the smallest pieces which is a total arse. Looking forward to my next one, I may do something nerdy.

Comment

Gutted I missed this, but yikes it's expensive!

Comment

Just stumbled across this great picture by CRRRUTCH, which is cover art for a band called Shudan (just listened, not my thing).

They work at Blizzard Entertainment!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            Gutted I missed this, but yikes it's expensive!
            https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ic/description
            Oh, I missed this too. I still have an old book from back in the day but this would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
              OOOooooOOOoooh I like that! Any tutorial available online?

Battled with my stained glass window on Saturday leading it and I am hoping by the end of the weekend its fully loaded with lead just needs fixing and cementing. Shall post pics once done, I'm getting back into liking it again but I'm now entering the part with the smallest pieces which is a total arse. Looking forward to my next one, I may do something nerdy.
              Why yes there is Blobcat, that's how i learned to make them. There's several videos on youtube showing slightly different designs depending on how you fold & roll the paper, you may have to slow the video speed down in parts to pick it up but it's reasonably easy to make but very time intensive. Took about 7 hours to make one ball, i made one while watching films so i might have gone faster if i didn't get distracted lol.

Cutting paper circles is a chore though you may want to invest in a compass cutter it's invaluable for cutting perfect circles really quickly.

Comment

Thanks for posting!

Comment

No probs, grab some paper & have a go it's pretty fun

Comment

For all you artists out there https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ack-30/rewards

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                      This has popped up a few times on my Facebook feed.

The interesting thing about this is how another artist, Anish Kapoor, invented the first "blacker than black" paint, but refused to let anyone else use it, so another artist created "pinker than pink" for everyone to use except Anish Kapoor.

Kapoor got hold of some and sent a picture of his middle finger dipped in that paint.

Now, every time there's a new black paint all the artists say Anish Kapoor can't use it.
                      The very first paragraph of this campaign is:
                      "Important: By backing this project you confirm that you are not Anish Kapoor, you are in no way affiliated to Anish Kapoor, you are not backing this on behalf of Anish Kapoor or an associate of Anish Kapoor. To the best of your knowledge, information and belief this material will not make its way into the hands of Anish Kapoor."

Comment

The interesting thing about this is how another artist, Anish Kapoor, invented the first "blacker than black" paint, but refused to let anyone else use it, so another artist created "pinker than pink" for everyone to use except Anish Kapoor.

Kapoor got hold of some and sent a picture of his middle finger dipped in that paint.

Now, every time there's a new black paint all the artists say Anish Kapoor can't use it.
                        "Important: By backing this project you confirm that you are not Anish Kapoor, you are in no way affiliated to Anish Kapoor, you are not backing this on behalf of Anish Kapoor or an associate of Anish Kapoor. To the best of your knowledge, information and belief this material will not make its way into the hands of Anish Kapoor."

I heard about that originally from this vid

Actually was not invented by Anish Kapoor though was invented by another company (the Vanta black ) but he bought the exclusive rights to it,

Comment

Have some of Stuarts paint it's surprisingly good stuff, the neon pigments are eye burningly bright in person plus the glow pigment is pretty powerful stuff bought a batch of various stuff as a weird bonus all his paints seem to smell of black cherries lol. The current black he sells is good but you have to use it in a specific way to maximise it's matt light absorbing qualities, haven't found a lot of projects to use that stuff on yet, planning on using his pigments in resin craft though.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                            Have some of Stuarts paint it's surprisingly good stuff, the neon pigments are eye burningly bright in person plus the glow pigment is pretty powerful stuff bought a batch of various stuff as a weird bonus all his paints seem to smell of black cherries lol. The current black he sells is good but you have to use it in a specific way to maximise it's matt light absorbing qualities, haven't found a lot of projects to use that stuff on yet, planning on using his pigments in resin craft though.
                            Am tempting to back it for the wife, she likes to do space pictures so thinking it would do great for that only problem is she uses oil paintings mostly so not sure how well it would work

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                              Am tempting to back it for the wife, she likes to do space pictures so thinking it would do great for that only problem is she uses oil paintings mostly so not sure how well it would work
                              This was Stuarts first attempt at making a really black paint he still has supplies of the pigment on it's own it can be mixed with linseed oil to make oil paint this is only version 1 though. The later versions are even darker and more matte
                              This is a super black micronized pigment by Stuart Semple to work alongside Superbase. It predates Black2.0 which comes premixed.

Comment

My stained glass window of Brighton's West Pier is finally complete!

It took way too bloody long and I was an idiot for using tiny cuts for my first piece but I do feel it worked out well in the end.
                                It's still at the workshop as we are in the process of moving to a new flat once things are good with the landlord and our new contract so I don't want to risk it getting damaged. Currently sitting in the window of the studio. Very pleased and so glad I can start something else!

Comment

Working...
                                X