No announcement yet.

The Artwork Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another afternoon spent gluing bits of cardboard, just one kit left to go after this.

Comment

And tonight i made my final Totoro kit, until they release more i have no more to do now still they have been a nice diversion from the doom & gloom.

They look so good when all stacked up together, like some 3D storyboard (all out of sequence lol)

Bugger realised i left out the ball one, ah well i can't be arsed to take a new pic, just imagine the capsule one is in the pic lol.

Comment

Working on a mock for ql version of football manager.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
          And tonight i made my final Totoro kit, until they release more i have no more to do now still they have been a nice diversion from the doom & gloom.

They look so good when all stacked up together, like some 3D storyboard (all out of sequence lol)

Bugger realised i left out the ball one, ah well i can't be arsed to take a new pic, just imagine the capsule one is in the pic lol.
          These are awesome, where can you get them?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            Dog thang, i hope your still going strong with producing work like this after shutting your company. How did you proceed in the end with it all, back to working solo?

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
              These are awesome, where can you get them?
              I bought them from amazon japan but if you search for paper theatre on ebay you will find a lot of them however they might be a bit more expensive on ebay sadly but they are fun to build.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                Dog thang, i hope your still going strong with producing work like this after shutting your company. How did you proceed in the end with it all, back to working solo?
                Thanks for checking in. It has all been a bit weird and worrying as you can imagine but just about a week or so ago I got offered a position in a very cool animation studio. We still have to hammer out the details so I'm not quite counting my chickens yet but, when I closed my company, I tried to make a list of places I would fit and, honestly, this was the only company that made the list! So I'm really hoping it all works out. Hopefully should have the final conversations next week so I'll you know how it goes!

Comment

As i'm currently stuck at home injured i have a lot of free time to do arts and crafts stuff i have been wanting to do this for a while now. I wanted to create a journal of Fez writing and drawing my discoveries as i play, one as a record of my playthrough but also allowing me to go all out on arts and crafts, i sadly can't draw very well so what's in my head i can never get onto paper and do it justice however that doesn't mean i can't try. I was looking online to see if anyone had made stamps of the fez zu alphabet so i could stamp down the text i find in the game into my journal then translate underneath as hand drawing the glyphs each time would quickly become tiresome. Seems not many people like fez enough to go this far though, i thought of going on etsy and getting someone to custom make me some rubber stamps but then i saw the price of one stamp and thought sod it and decided to learn how to make them myself. So i have bought a carving kit and some supplies to add to my craft cupboard. I have gold embossing foil so my first idea is to make one page be a master copy of the whole aplhabet of Zu but instead of using ink on the stamps i'll use embossing glue and then gold foil so i'll have a gilded alphabet to refer to at the front of the book. Also need to test the pages with blacklight to see if the paper is the kind that can take UV ink as i'd love to add in some hidden stuff. Planning on making rubber stamps of a lot of the things i see in fez like the wall carvings and stuff so i can use them througout my journal on the various levels i play through, i have a very strong connection to this game so it's a fun way of enjoying all the art in it while making myself basically a walkthrough guide for me to refer to on future playthroughs.

Still waiting on a few supplies to turn up from amazon but i have enough here to make a start

Comment

How incredibly cool! Be sure to let us see the finished article, and progress reports if you feel like it

Comment

I'll post progress stuff, i did just check if the paper is blacklight suitable and i lucked out as it's not bleached paper. Bleached paper glows bright under blacklight and is not very good as it drowns out the light of UV reflected back in the ink. Paper that is unbleached glows dull in blacklight and is perfect as the UV ink glows like light under it. This UV drawing ink is amazing had a bottle for the longest time but never got to use it much. It has a yellow tint when drawing but as the paper in the sketch journal is sepia it totally blends in.

Planning on using it on the crying waterfall area where that door appear in moonlight and glows showing the code to open it.

Comment

A bit more progress, nearly done all the alphabet stamps. Thankfully i only had to make 6 as the rest of the letters are made by rotating the stamps i have written the letters on the back according to orientation so i can easily write stuff without having to stop. Carving rubber is a bit tricky and my stamps are a little wonky but i think they are ok for a first attempt, kind of a fun craft i look forward to making some of the the other art in stamp form.

Some test prints as i trim off the jagged bits and straighten the lines up.

Comment

Alphabet decyphering page complete, numbers & directions are next. Gold embossing foil didn't hold to paper too well so i decided to use ink in the end.
                          Last edited by importaku; 12-12-2020, 08:54.

Comment

Comment

Happy new year, you bunch of nerds! I love you and thanks for being here and for being you. Hoping for better things ahead.

Comment

Beautiful work [MENTION=3144]Dogg Thang[/MENTION] ... I certainly hope that’s a reflection

Comment

Working...
                                X