• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disgustingly talented as ever hehe

Comment

Amazing work. Love it. Happy new year

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        Happy new year, you bunch of nerds! I love you and thanks for being here and for being you. Hoping for better things ahead.

This is wonderful 😀

Comment

[MENTION=3144]Dogg Thang[/MENTION] do you do art professionally? If not, you should be. Loving that last piece you did. Brilliant!

Question: Someone has gifted me an Apple gift card to get my son (8) something. He loves drawing and painting. Are there any decent art apps that would be accessible for him?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
            [MENTION=3144]Dogg Thang[/MENTION] do you do art professionally? If not, you should be. Loving that last piece you did. Brilliant!

Question: Someone has gifted me an Apple gift card to get my son (8) something. He loves drawing and painting. Are there any decent art apps that would be accessible for him?
            I'm in a creative career but I don't do this sort of thing professionally. I took on quite a bit of this kind of work between around 2015-2019 but I realised I don't like it when it's a job. I need it to be a hobby. So I mostly stopped taking on art work in 2019.

For the art app, is it on an iPad? Procreate is probably the best because, mostly, it's very easy to use. You might need to help him find his way around the layers when he starts but it's a really clean interface and the basics are all very simple. And it's one that can kind of grow with him because it has great features that you can find as you get more familiar with it.

Comment

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Comment

I'm working on a Senran Kagura retrospective, so the first thing I finalised is the most important part: the intro animation (largish gif warning).

Comment

Oh wow, that's cool. It might be a bit long though, I zoomed right in on my monitor and felt a bit motion sick by the time it finished

Somehow missed Dogg's New Year's image. How great is that. I'd like to live in one of his drawings. So many fun details.

Comment

Not exactly what I hoped, but I printed one of my 3D models with no optimisation for printing. The nose collapsed because it wasn't "empty" but the inner walls were too thin, and probably I should have set a longer exposure time so that the feet wouldn't get warped. Some of the details were too shallow once the model was scaled down to fit the printing platform, but still, some are visible.
                    Back to the drawing board.

Comment

A much better result.

Probably the excessive layering is due to my bumping up exposure per layer to 3sec. and reducing layer thickness, and 'm a bit disappointed that the upper lines weren't properly printed.
                      But this highlighted one more problem with my model: not enough polygons! The nose clearly shows that. Some details are still too shallow, but other than that, very pleased.

Comment

Looks good! Yep, it's interesting seeing the polygons on the nose - must admit, I kind of like that.

Comment

I also dig the polygonal nose. It would be interesting to see that was even more obviously polygonal, like an MG Rex in MGS.

Looks good though, cool project

Comment

If you have Spotify on your phone, the new Cobra Kai EP called Wax Off is out. If you open up the player when it's on, tapping the name at the bottom, you get a piece of animation to go with it. That's the new Spotify Canvas thing. I made the one for this EP. Hope you don't think it sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              If you have Spotify on your phone, the new Cobra Kai EP called Wax Off is out. If you open up the player when it's on, tapping the name at the bottom, you get a piece of animation to go with it. That's the new Spotify Canvas thing. I made the one for this EP. Hope you don't think it sucks.
                              Just had a gander. Seriously cool mate

Comment

Working...
                              X