X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
      My stained glass window of Brighton's West Pier is finally complete!

It took way too bloody long and I was an idiot for using tiny cuts for my first piece but I do feel it worked out well in the end.
      It's still at the workshop as we are in the process of moving to a new flat once things are good with the landlord and our new contract so I don't want to risk it getting damaged. Currently sitting in the window of the studio. Very pleased and so glad I can start something else!
      Nicely done, working with glass is not an easy thing.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
        Nicely done, working with glass is not an easy thing.
        Tell me about it, I'm cutting the same kind of glass I used for the sun last week and my fingers are full of paper cut/ like deep cuts, that glass is brutal. I hated every second cutting the red as the glass shattered and splintered everywhere, the orange was almost as bad and what makes it worse, orange and red are the most expensive as well as pink so I went through 3x as much orange than I needed as it was so warped it kept snapping.

Glad its over but very pleased, just in real life dont look too close as it looks a bit wank in places (so many small bits jumped out), its almost certainly not water tight!
        Last edited by Blobcat; 04-03-2019, 20:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
          Tell me about it, I'm cutting the same kind of glass I used for the sun last week and my fingers are full of paper cut/ like deep cuts, that glass is brutal. I hated every second cutting the red as the glass shattered and splintered everywhere, the orange was almost as bad and what makes it worse, orange and red are the most expensive as well as pink so I went through 3x as much orange than I needed as it was so warped it kept snapping.

Glad its over but pleased, just in real life font look too close as it looks a bit wank in places (so many small bits jumped out), its almost certainly not water tight!
          We have some cutproof gloves that i use when i use my slicing mandolin in the kitchen to save me losing fingers it's made from some kind of woven wool material thats resistant to cuts. I wonder if you could use those cutproof gloves while cutting your glass to save your fingers. They are pretty cheap and amazon has loads of them, it might be something useful for you to use.

Comment

Finished my second glass project.

Not quite finished as I am needing some driftwood to replace the dowel and play around with the spacing/ chain but I wanted it up and about before we moved house and I was afraid of losing some pieces.
            Also hope to have it in a window to show off the purple darkside of the moon and maybe add the odd bead or something but the biggest task is over.

Comment

You're waxing gibbous alright!

Comment

I plan to do some random Triforce pendents before my next 'window' which I haven't decided what to do yet

Comment

Not really art but started doing resin craft, had a mess about seeing if my pigments would mix with UV resin, seems most behave ok so i had a go at making a keyring, filled a sphere with little souls. Looks pretty neat in the dark.

Comment

Looks like something that would grant me a +2 to stealth. Nice.

Comment

Yeah definitely has a power up feel to it. Looks lovely.

Comment

I've started appreciating Taoist nature paintings. They're always very simple, often even crude, but capture something that draws me to them.

Another aspect of Taoist paintings I like is that when a piece is named 'The Maser in the Bamboo Grove" or "the Master on the mountain" the master is usually tucked away somewhere, almost out of sight, for it is the environment that takes centre stage. It flies in the face of the West's humancentric style.

Comment

Didn't get around to posting this in this thread but here it is now.

Comment

Loving your work as always @Dogg_Thang

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Oh [MENTION=3144]Dogg Thang[/MENTION], you talented assclown!!

Just superb.

Comment

Working...
                                X