Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Artwork Thread

Hello all,

Along with my writing, another passion of mine is my drawing and illustrating. Unfortunately though I’ve recently lost pretty much all of my drive to draw, something I promised myself I would never let happen…

It can be such a wonderfully hypnotic thing, but recently its seemed more of a chore then a delight.

Am I alone? Do any of you guys draw but just cant seem to find the will to put pencil (or pen) to paper? Are you having trouble finding time?

Maybe, I thought, by sharing some of my sketches it could spark intrigue… and then by you guys sharing yours maybe it can help rekindle that missing enthusiasm? At the very least, it would be enlightening to see others artwork and style

Well, here are a few of mine in no particular order. I think I posted a couple of the dog drawings a while ago, but here they are again. Some of these though are very old, drawn when I was only fifteen! Heh

18-19 years

15 - 16 years old

There's a couple more i'll try to get scanned. Much like my writing, it would be a dream come true to be able to draw and get paid for it, but it seems so difficult getting a job as an illustrator... At the moment when i draw it just feels like im wasting my time. A horrible feeling. Hence, i suppose, why there are so few drawn recently.

Anyhoo... it would be fantastic to see some of your work

Kindest regards,
    Adz
    Last edited by Adam Stone; 20-08-2007, 15:18.
    ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

At the age of fifteen some of those are VERY impressive really love the old man one, you some fine tallent there mate dont let it go to waste and stop drawing i love to draw but compared to your skill i think i need to practise a tad more

Comment

yep some of those are excellent to say the least. I wish I had some skill
      Last edited by Supergoal; 29-01-2007, 12:34.

Comment

Heh, thank you guys.

Crimson Day, would be great to see some of your work dude

Comment

hello

I thought i'd contribute with a picture of Bill Cosby I did

I worked hard to capture his world weary sadness

ross
          Attached Files
          Last edited by rossman; 29-01-2007, 12:43.

Comment

Adam, have you thought about doing pet portraits? Could be a starter for 10.

A friend of ours is a graphic artist and does muriels for kids bedrooms on the side. he enjoys it and fairly easy money.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone View Post

You owe it to yourself, and us to draw her naked.

Excellent work.

Comment

Damn, them add on your pics page jus dont seem safe for work lol. But from what i can see, the pics show signs of great skill. A friend of mine does his own comic, have you ever thought about doing stuff like that? You seem to have a natural eye for proportions and can bring out the character of your work with different types of medium.

Keep it up!

Comment

Mhmmm...

Do that clicky-thing on the image only if you are mature enough.

Will color someday.

Comment

Love some of them pics man. I've been meaning to post some of my own stuff up for a long while, but like you I haven't had much motivation for it for a while. I'd also kill for a job as an illustrator but I can't see any openings anywhere and wouldn't have a clue where to begin. I love painting just as much as drawing.
                    Right, I'll get some stuff up later. Most of my paintings from back in A Level Art are monsters at 8 - 9 ft. wide and are still up on the walls in my old school. I might have to scan some sketches tonight.

Comment

Here are some random things I've done over the years.
                      Not really art but hey
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by EvilBoris; 29-01-2007, 17:59.

Comment

Montage is my thing, sont draw anymore shame on me I was an award winning artist when i was under 16

Comment

'bout as good as my drawing gets

Comment

I'd love to draw more, there's nothing I appreciate more than good art (damn I sound like a ass). Really, everytime I look at decent artwork, I just get this strong urge to produce something myslef, which always turns out cack.

In fact, good artwork will sell a game for me! Have to be honest, the original Romancing SaGa's are pretty dull (well 3 is good) but the artwork alone sells those games for me.

But like Adam said its just too time-consuming, and you feel the whole time that since you aren't getting anything for it, its a waste of time. Silly really.

Anyway I have to post something, here's two pics that i'm rather proud of, mainly because of the fact that I was younger when I drew them. The V.Story one is from when I was 14. It doesn't actually look much like the original art, more like MJ really! But for some reason I still like the look of it.

And the Elly one I did when I was 16, I probably prefer the Vagrant Story one, but meh...

I don't really have anything else to show, I do like to draw, but i've only ever taken the time to draw a few sketches over time, these 2 being my favourites.

By the way Adam, some of you artwork is amazing - its giving me that urge to draw something again.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Dirty Sanchez – Yep, those dogs were drawn for people

Admittedly I wasn’t paid for the two drawn when I was fifteen (I was in hospital at the time and they were drawn for my nurses) but I got a little money for the more recent bull dog. I would love to do it more though. Have recently drawn my cat Morris, I will post that soon hopefully, once it is scanned and all.

Funnily enough I was asked to do a muriel quite recently, for the bathroom in the Childrens Nursery I used to work out… but quite embarrassingly I couldn’t do it. I have no idea what came over me, but my hands wouldn’t stop shaking, heh. A little worrying really

jimmie2k - Heh, thank you buddy. I gotta say, I love your avatar by the way! Such a fantastically funny guy…

That women one was actually drawn for my sister when I was sixteen. It was a tattoo design, which she now has on her left side of her torso (starts just under her left breast and goes down to her hip). I think there’s a pic somewhere here… aha! Looks a little different from my original design but looks pretty damn awesome.

I really want to re-draw this one… Now being a few years since it was originally drawn, I think this would look pretty good. Mr. Jimmie. I think you’ve just sparked some enthusiasm in me! hurrah

briareos_kerensky – That’s good work buddy. I really like the sense of weight displayed on her clothing in the first picture (before they miraculously disappear, heh). Will look forward to seeing it with colour sometime

Do you have any more?

112 – Thank you for your kind comments dude. Even though I’ve never actually received any help or guidance for my art throughout my childhood, I took it upon myself to be brutally critical. Even during primary school I had to make sure the proportions etc were accurate and correct. Now thankfully I seem to have developed an eye for detail, easily able to pinpoint what looks right and what doesn’t. Though, because of that looking at my old pictures above is a little painful… especially the wolfman (as much as I still like it, there is so much wrong with it!). My problem is that I’m a bit of a perfectionist… heh

I have also considered doing my own little comics, I’ve created my characters called Plars. Heh. They are cute little buggers with sinister motives… I’ll see if I can find some pictures of them.

Emir - I would love to see some of your work Emir. Is there any chance you could take some photos of your larger paintings? At the very least it will be wonderful to see your smaller sketches.

Even though my sketches above are mostly with pen and pencil, I can use paints, it’s just I don’t like to. Strange really, because some of my better, larger stuff, is in paints. They’re hidden away in the loft though. I feel more comfortable with a pen, or a pencil…

Champloo – Thank you for sharing your work buddy. It would be very interesting to see a little more. I strongly feel, in regards to artwork anyway, that the artist themselves are usually the biggest critic. Something you’re not particularly happy with could possibly be great in our eyes

I like the style of the first picture. Reminds me of the mystic style used in the opening sequence of Baten Kaitos Origins. I’m very happy to hear I’ve helped spark a flicker of enthusiasm, if you put something onto paper make sure you share here

Pete - heh, i really like that! there's something strangely compelling about it...

EvilBorris - your poor giraffe tickled me! heh. Nice work mate

Adz
                              Last edited by Adam Stone; 29-01-2007, 23:01.

Comment

Working...
                              X