Oneechanbara vorteX (Xbox 360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oneechanbara vorteX (Xbox 360)

I already made a thread on this (or at least I think I did!), but it seems to have mysteriously disappeared...!

Anyway, here it is again.

I've played quite a bit of this game (I am on the 5th stage -- where you get the motorbike) and I am wondering whether there's anything good coming up, because so far it sucks balls.

Anyone else played it?

edit: ok, yeah, I got to the 7th stage and quit playing. Tamsoft will never, ever, manage to make a good hack and slasher. My review, if anyone wants more details.
    Last edited by icycalm; 07-02-2007, 01:39.

i've just played the first 3 stages and i'm having fun

cons:
    • appalling camera
    • mindless button mashing for the most part
    • strange quest system for achievements
    • vomit inducing screen tearing
    pros:
    • bikinis
    • cowboy hats
    • zombies
    • zombies on fire
    • zombies on fire holding chainsaws
    • chick with a samurai sword
    i'm enjoying it, the game is decent enough and is probably worth picking up if you enjoy zombie genocide and scantily clad chicks with swords

the achievements are odd, there are a number of quests to do whilst playing to get them. the achievements are for things like performing a certain combo so many times or killing a boss with your own health nearly depleted. i found some guide to getting them on an achievement site but the guide doesn't give many details. you also have to do the quest three times to complete it and get the achievement. the achievements will probably make more sense once the US version is out and people figure out what to do

Comment

I am lolling at your pros and cons.

Glad to know you are having fun though. Let me know how you find the game after the 7th stage. That's where I stopped playing.

Comment

Chucked this on last night for a laugh, just to show a mate the hilarious opening cinematic, and laugh at how pish it was.

2 hours later we were still playing. Prior to last night, I'd probably played it for a maximum of 10 minutes.

This game is bad. It is bad in so many areas it's hard to know where to begin. The camera is bad. The controls are bad. The graphics are bad. The screen blurring is terrible. The screen tearing shocking. The action retrograde. But through it all, something better than the sum of it's hideously malformed parts emerges. The repetitive killing of an endless stream of dumb AI zombies becomes almost hypnotic and sensual. And add in a scantily clad women, samurai sword, bikini, chaps and a cowboy hat and to be honest, after 120 minutes play last night we were beginning to proclaim one of the greatest games of all time.

We were drunk though.
        Last edited by cavalcade; 27-07-2007, 11:00.

Comment

Just got the UK verision in the post today, not much has changed.

What a strange game, its crap, bad graphics, controls, camera, jerky cut scenes, unbelieveable loading times (albeit great mini hack and slash on the load screen except when you kill the zombies they sound like the chcken from family guy wtf!!)

For all the flaws though for some bizarre reason I can't stop playing it, if you can get it cheapish its worth picking up just to see.

uk name is Onechanabra Bikini Samurai Squad (D3 Publisher)

Comment

Oh well, was gonna do a first play thread but got beaten to it by a couple of years.

Only done 4 levels of this so far but I'm having a right laugh with this. The pro's and cons list above pretty much sums it up.

I guess the best way to look at it would be if you liked EDF, Bullet Witch or the previous 3 Oneechan games on PS2 then pick it up. If not, then only consider this pre-owned.

I however, love it and am glad I bought it.

Comment

Got the US version for Wii last week, much better with the swing attacks!
              Shame about the music not being as good as some of the old PS2 versions - kinda sudo MJ!

Comment

Originally posted by FamiDude View Post
                Oh well, was gonna do a first play thread but got beaten to it by a couple of years.

Only done 4 levels of this so far but I'm having a right laugh with this. The pro's and cons list above pretty much sums it up.

I guess the best way to look at it would be if you liked EDF, Bullet Witch or the previous 3 Oneechan games on PS2 then pick it up. If not, then only consider this pre-owned.

I however, love it and am glad I bought it.

Phukking hell, is this a budget game then?

Comment

I played this only a few weeks back myself and would agree with a lot of the above. It's so flawed yet so playable, was just really fun throughout and can definitely see me going back for another playthrough on another difficulty at some point.

Comment

Working...
                  X