No announcement yet.

Rogue Galaxy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ran low on money and items so am wandering around near save point and shop to restock. On Level 4 of the prison. Will soon have the three characters I am using up to Lvl 25 before I am stocked up.

Comment

Has anyone heard what the PAL version is like?

Comment

I pick it up at the weekend, but i dont have anything to compare it with. Is there anything you specifically want to know?

It has 50/60hz selectable options on boot up. The voice acting im assuming is the same as the NTSC-US version, and there doesnt seem to be an original Japanese language option.

Comment

Just as long as it's comparable to DQVIII's (tiny borders etc.) that is fine by me! Thanks for the quick reply riotus.

Off to the shopto.net-mobile!

Comment

For other lazy sods like me:

Localization improvements

Due to its success in Japan, Level-5 opted not only to localize Rogue Galaxy for North America and Europe, but to add a significant amount of new features and content, and address any complaints concerning the original version. These improvements, which feature in both the North American and European versions of the game, and the Japanese Director's Cut, include:[2]
            • The game now uses a dual-layer 8.5GB DVD to play instead of a standard 4.7GB DVD the Japanese version used. This allowed smoother, better looking graphics and additional data to be added into the game.
            • A fifth planet,

the water world of Alistia; while separate from the main story arc, it includes its own sidequests and special items, and helps flesh out some of the characters. This world, however, is only available after obtaining a key item in Chapter 8.

• Improved and expanded battle animations.
            • Over 2000 lines of additional voiced dialogue.
            • It's easier to damage enemies, as the formula for attacking has been modified.
            Last edited by Swallow; 18-09-2007, 09:25.

Comment

Thats good to see we got something extra for a change in the European release.

Excellent price over at Shopto as well i believe.

Only managed to put about 4 hours in to it so far, but i really do like it. Good, honest, simple fun. Looks nice to. Ive had a few issues with the combat as sometime i feel you get swamped with enemies quickly, and keeping your eye on the others in the team as well as yourself is tricky.

Comment

It's probably a little early for it, but does anyone know if the PAL version is PS3 compatible? Been after this since I finished the brilliant and visually stunning DQ8 and I can't be bothered to buy the US version and hook my chipped slimline back up.

Comment

I'll test it for you when mine comes Daragon.

Comment

Cheers

Comment

it is daragon i have tested it on my PAL PS3 and it seemed ok to me

Comment

Ace Thanks Destrukticor.

Anyone know the cheapest place to buy from next question?

Comment

shop-to.net have it for £14.99 atm.

Comment

They don't anymore apparently, didn't see it on there

Comment

Yeah, all gone.

Comment

Is RG 2 discs?
                                Also, I've managed to source a Korean English text version. I gather that like Odin Sphere and Okami it's just the USA version in NTSC-J format so it should feature the extra stuff ala the JPN Director's Cut, USA and PAL versions non?
                                Last edited by J0e Musashi; 26-08-2008, 12:10.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X