No announcement yet.

Graw2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am LOVING the single player on this. the levels are really, really good. there are some really action packed fire fights.

i'm playing it on the hardest diffculty and pissing through it but it is really good fun

Comment

The multiplayer mode in this is a joke. It's exactly the same as before only with prettier graphics and tiny text. Why no cover system? I would actually buy this if they'd done anything to the multiplayer but seeing as I completed the solo mode in one night I don't think I'll bother.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD View Post
        The multiplayer mode in this is a joke. It's exactly the same as before only with prettier graphics and tiny text. Why no cover system? I would actually buy this if they'd done anything to the multiplayer but seeing as I completed the solo mode in one night I don't think I'll bother.
        I don't think I would agree with you for the Coop side of things. (The only mode I have put many hours into so far)

It is a shame that the netcode needs an uber connection, but the maps, the AI, the various objectives and the weapons make coop a very positive improvement over the first.

I would guess I have played with about 14 people from here, and everyone seems blown away. The tactics required make it a real challange and the objectives and storyline truely make it feel more immserive and somewhat like a SP game with friends.

The deathmatch side seemed solid enough but it's not my cup of tea. I respect your opinions if related to that side, as I've no experience to give a good opinion, as I hate it.

The SP (I'm on the first city mission) is breath taking. Playing it on hard and loving every single moment. (Except for my xbox dieing) The particle and lighting and frame rate are sublime.

I would imagine that GRAW fans are in seventh heaven, as this is a remarkably well put together game. I would except GRAW 1.5, but at 26 quid from Play Asia what have you got to lose? You could sell it for 22 quid easy.

I imagine there will be a band of NTSC in grawsome who will keep this going for many months. Indeed a few of us are waiting on ADSl2 orders, in the hope for steady and regular 8-10 man matches.

Comment

To anyone missing the cover in multiplayer, you just need to be a bit more creative in getting behind things and going prone.

There's loads of cover. Just 'cos you can't stick to it, doesn't mean it isn't there.

Originally posted by Nembot
          I hate the feel of the MP/co-op game, it feels like it`s an unfinished version of the game somehow.
          Eh?

I really can't see how you could class it as unfinished, even if you weren't comparing it to the single player.

You've got a huge variety of maps and objectives (and they certainly feel more varied than the SP missions), a multitude of weapons, no worries about any backward AI (as any screw ups are from real people) and more gameplay options than you can shake a stick at.

And above everything the fact that it's now even integrated into the main single player storyline makes it feel more rounded off and enhances the multiplay experience.

As for multiplayer being nothing but the same, I think that's a bit unfair Matty. The multiplayer aspect of the first was pretty solid stuff, they've tweaked it in all the right ways to tighten up on it and there was no need for them to try and reinvent the wheel when the first one did such a good job. If it can keep me (and a load others) entertained for a whole 12 months then it must be doing something incredibly well.

Comment

I just meant that if you have played SP, the MP and co-op feel as if you are playing a difefrent game.

I hate to mention it but, if you play Gears, the MP plays the same as the SP. It is a good SP/co-op and an extemely solid MP game

If there was no difference between the SP and MP on GRAW2 I`d be singing it`s praises, but as it is it just seems lacking!

Comment

I must say I picked this up at the weekend and am really enjoying it so far done a little SP and a lot of coop MP. It still needs a good connections for anything over 5 or so players but really enjoying it. I just need some time to play the SP campaign through now.

Comment

That was the fundamental problem in GRAW for me, the single player was superb but everything about the multiplayer felt wrong to me, like it was made by a completely seperate team (which it was, wasn't it?) who figured "well we'd better put SOMETHING there!".

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                  That was the fundamental problem in GRAW for me, the single player was superb but everything about the multiplayer felt wrong to me, like it was made by a completely seperate team (which it was, wasn't it?) who figured "well we'd better put SOMETHING there!".
                  the multiplayer part is IIRC done by Red Storm who did all the original Tom Clancy games. They've tried to make the game more like the sneaky-beaky, behind-enemy-lines type Ghost Recon games of old, but that's not what the new Advanced Warfighter titles are all about. The solo game has moved on considerably yet the multiplayer seems to have just been left flagging behind.

This is most noticable in the co-op modes because you have AI enemies who aren't even in the same league as the solo mode guys. In the GRAW2 solo campaign I was very impressed at how the enemy behaved and in particular their ability to deploy proper tactics. But in the multiplayer they don't even try to use cover. It's still fun in its own way but basically amounts to a map pack for the original, which isn't on IMO.

Comment

i haven't played Redstorm's MP game much since it doesn't work properly for me: clan support refuses to work at all, most of the time i am not getting into games, get disconnected and/or there's no chat available. and yes, my XBL test says "NAT open"! too bad since the maps/missions look great from what i've seen so far. but a thing that still gets on my nerves is the remaining poor animation of enemies; still not taking any injuries (standing and firing back on me after a direct hit to the torso!) and jumping around the maps in vicious speed instead of moving realisticly. is this supposed to be Next-Gen?

i played the single player campaign on the middle difficulty setting and it is what i expected it to be: more of the same with some cosmetics to the visuals. but under the pretty surface Ubisoft's game code isnt'very sophisticated either: minimal object physics, no destructable environments, the AI is still very, very limited (to say the best) and the gameplay needs not much tactical planning, if at all. also, the game is far too short and easy. so, even though it's not a huge letdown for me, it's ultimately a little disappointing.

i just hope another MP patch will help me out soon and get me back into the action. i am looking forward to play with you guys.
                    Last edited by Uli; 14-03-2007, 15:38.

Comment

anyone having trouble with the last act with the missile strike? i run for miles, hide launch the attack from my map screen and i die and the game freezes?i cant reload checkpoints or anything, so i have to reset the console and load it up from the beginning? any tips please

Comment

Capcom_suicide has been suffering from similar freezing problems to the best of my recollection, so it's either certain units which are balking at the game or a dodgy set of discs in circulation.

Comment

oh fiddlesticks

is there a certain point i could run to to avoid this? i ran to almost the start of the level. pressed tehb back button,aim ed the airstrike on the missile, and pressed the up button for the strike, a few moments later i see a big white flash whilst in the map screen, looks like i fall over then it freezes, could someone tell me where they went to hide and fire the strike from?

thanks

Comment

How easy is it to get to grips with this? I never played the original but a couple of my mates were cursing the control system, saying you spent too much time trying to remember what buttons you were supposed to be pressing, which meant you ended up dead pretty quickly.

So, are they on the money or simply idiots?

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
                              anyone having trouble with the last act with the missile strike? i run for miles, hide launch the attack from my map screen and i die and the game freezes?i cant reload checkpoints or anything, so i have to reset the console and load it up from the beginning? any tips please
                              exactly the same for me first time. consider it a bug.

my tip, just command fire from the rooftop and stay where you are. running wont do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
                                AFAIK you have to be looking at the target. You're designating it for an air strike, see, and that means laser guidance. If they could just point to somewhere on a map and blow it up they wouldn't need you there in the first place! Worked for me anyway, I just crouched down at the edge of the rooftop, looked at it and pressed 'up' on the d-pad.

Also, I'm not sure about the lockup but you should know that

you get pwned by the airstrike whatever happens

Comment

Working...
                                X