Graw2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ascender View Post
    How easy is it to get to grips with this? I never played the original but a couple of my mates were cursing the control system, saying you spent too much time trying to remember what buttons you were supposed to be pressing, which meant you ended up dead pretty quickly.

So, are they on the money or simply idiots?
    It's no more harder to get to grips with than either Splinter Cell or Rainbow Six, and I'd argue it's more accessible than the latter. If you've never played GRAW then the tutorial can be a little overwhelming to begin with, but the game gradually eases you in to making full use of your tools and cross-com squad control.

Comment

Originally posted by Concept View Post
      Capcom_suicide has been suffering from similar freezing problems to the best of my recollection, so it's either certain units which are balking at the game or a dodgy set of discs in circulation.

TRAINING: 7 lockups
      Level 1: 3 lockups
      Level 2: 3 lockups
      Level 3: 3 lockups and DHL have collected 360.

Have a look at UBI forums, I am not alone.

Got an old 360 which perhaps a sub optimal GPU? Play GRAW2 and break it.....

Looking forward to playing again tomorrow on a 4 month old unit, if I have the same issues then I guess it was a DVD batch.....

Comment

My unit is a launch one and it hasn't crashed once in the game.

It's hard to tell if it's the hardware or the discs. Then again, I'm making assumptions based on picking up two badly pressed copies of Psychonauts (tried on different units) where the speech and music jumped all over the place, so it's not exactly fool-proof logic. :P

Comment

Might pick this up at the weekend as its been ages since I played my 360 and I do like the look of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ascender View Post
            Might pick this up at the weekend as its been ages since I played my 360 and I do like the look of it.
            the single player is very, very good and whilst the multiplayer has some flaws, if you fall in with NTSC-UK Team Grawsome, the banter and team killing makes up for it

when will you be back in the game and be hosting El Capitan Capcom?

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
              TRAINING: 7 lockups
              Level 1: 3 lockups
              Level 2: 3 lockups
              Level 3: 3 lockups and DHL have collected 360.

Have a look at UBI forums, I am not alone.

Got an old 360 which perhaps a sub optimal GPU? Play GRAW2 and break it.....

Looking forward to playing again tomorrow on a 4 month old unit, if I have the same issues then I guess it was a DVD batch.....
              don't worry about your 360 - it's buggy game code. for me the game is just a mess - online and offline likewise. my 360 (the 4th already!) is from a september 2006 production.

Comment

I've had a few lockups, which mainly coincide with the lens powering down and the console sounding like it's on idle, only for when the lens starts up again i have problems...
                It's only happened a few times so far:

1. When i died and the continue screen came up to press 'A'... i pressed 'A' and then it locked
                2. When choosing 'Campaign' mode, it just didn't load.
                3. When on the mission to rescue a certain helicopter teammate, i went out of bounds for a few seconds. Got told to go back, and then it froze.

Though reading from the UbiSoft GRAW 2 thread, most seem to have problems with the training section, which seems to be a giveaway as to whether the game is too much for your 360 to handle.
                I fortunately haven't encountered this problem (yet!)

Campaign mode
                Harshly given the moniker 'Full Spectrum Warfighter' by some, and i'm inclined to agree to some extent (not that it's a bad thing) but it gives you pretty much the captaining aspects as well as the ability to actually aim and shoot precisely at your given target. though i feel there is slightly less auto-aim than the first GRAW.
                Throw in more Bruckheimer effects with some very nice shadow-ray effects and time of day progression, and everyone is a happy bunny. One thing that hasn't been mentioned thus far has got to be the assault rifles...
                Apart from holding different magazine sizes/ whether you can zoom with the sights/ no sights but grenade launching abilities... most seem to act the same with no real discernable difference between each one.
                Perhaps it's just me.
                At least with R6 Vegas you could tell with the rate of fire/ distance/ accuracy with at least some of the assault rifles. The one it does have going for it, is that there are a huge amount of weaponry to choose from.

Now onto the Multiplayer
                The small amount of games i've played seem to be fine. I've only tried a few co-op campaign missions with some forumites, and they seem to be quite fun with most of us whelping in suprise when random gunfire whizz by us.

Though the ranked matches have seemed to have suffered the way of GRAW and R6 Vegas... in that (i'm still level 1 by the way) most hosts will kick you out for being a 'low' rank... "like zomg you teh noob" or most are just kicking you out until their friends get... start a player match ffs then.
                i gave up looking for ranked matches when i kept on getting kicked out for the upteenth time.

I don't think i'll bother with the adversarial multiplayer aspect if this carries on.
                Last edited by jimtendo; 14-03-2007, 18:09.

Comment

I've been playing this for a few days now and it's shocking how much better it is over the ropey marketplace demo. Visuals are quite stunning in places and the FX are truly amazing. Very high production values too, very Hollywood, and I got a real Ridley (or perhaps even Tony) Scott vibe. It's pretty over the top at times though, I can imagine Americans waving flags in glee as the choir kicks in to the sight of raining US missile death.

It's possibly the buggiest game I've played over the past year though. I've seen AI get stuck, scenery disappear and reappear, and very often see characters with no animation gliding around the battlefield quite serenely. No crashes yet though fortunately, which is something I got a lot of in GRAW 1. Wonder why Ubi rushed this one out without proper testing, what deadline were they up against? It's a quiet time of the year... makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
                    Wonder why Ubi rushed this one out without proper testing, what deadline were they up against? It's a quiet time of the year... makes no sense.
                    it was to make the end of their financial year. especially since assassin's creed didn't make the march date they wanted it to

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                      it was to make the end of their financial year. especially since assassin's creed didn't make the march date they wanted it to
                      Ah of course, I forgot about that.

Comment

interesting fact:

for a company to make it's financial targets for a fiscal year, all the game has to do is ship a certain number of units. it doesn't have to sell a single copy.

that's why you see a lot of games come out in march as they are released at the last possible moment

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
                          It's possibly the buggiest game I've played over the past year though.
                          Conversely I've not had any real problems like those you listed.

GRAW was a really bugged experience for me, although I know others had almost zero problems with it.

Now I find myself on the other side of the fence and GRAW2 has been relatively bug free for me (aside from Mitchell getting locked on to some scenery during a cover move on a staircase and being unable to detach him).

Naturally I'm not saying the bugs aren't there (hey, it's Ubisoft after all) but I've not had the problems described. It's just as odd as it was with the first one.

Comment

I only encountered one bug in single-player, but it was very strange. One of my squadmates turned into a moving cross (arms stretched out, prone legs) hovering about. Happened when I was switching through multiple cross-coms while in an active set-piece.

It was like something out of Silent Hill.

Comment

I`ve played the game through twice now and I`ve also done a handful of missions on "quick mission" without too many problems.

I haven`t had the 360 freeze once and I`ve only had a couple of odd encounters which were, Littlebird deciding to have a rest against the side of a motorway bridge and a dead Mexican soldier who was frozen in is death pose in mid air, other than that I don`t really have any complaints apart from the multiplayer but I`ve spoken about that already.

I am now a "single player master", but I don`t think I`ll be becoming a master of anything else GRAW2, it`s a great game on SP but it`s done now.

Comment

I had a bug on the final mission when my entire team got stuck on a part of the level, and I couldn't free them. Even a reload wouldn't resolve it, so I started the mission again and the same thing happened! In the end I just did the whole thing on my own.

Comment

Working...
                                X